Reviews for The Kelpie
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Brilliant story.
Sophia Anya Lee chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
How so adorably cute!

I just love the originality of your idea and Minerva's absurdly cute sense of responsibilty and care for rules. And her changing colors of flowers at 5, yep it's totally believable! And the kelpie is just to sweet! I love your descriptive writing as well.

Yes, I agree with everyone ... we need a sequel!

Cheers,

Lee aka Nymph of the Night.
NathanDftba chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
Cute!
Melora's Daughter chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
Cute!

Kelpie's don't get featured enough in fics. The Kelpie's personality was exactly how I imagine a Loch Ness Monster would be.

I love how at the age of 5 Minerva can already do some magic. I'm looking forward to reading other stories from her life!

:D
DailyProphetEditor chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
Great. Very good characterisation of Minerva, how she already knows (and cares somewhat) about rules as a five-year-old, and I LOVED that little transfiguration game she played. My, changing flower colours non-verbally and without a wand at the age of five - that witch sure is powerful. And yes, I do find it believable.

The Kelpie was great, too. Both dangerous and gentle, and one does not quite understand it's motives. Just a mysterious creature. I liked it a lot.

The only person I did not find that believable was the mother. One would think she'd totally freak out to see her young daughter in a situation like that, but maybe she was under shock. Anyway, a very nice story nevertheless, you created a nice mood and did a good job with descriptive writing!
trulyamused chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
Very cute. How about a sequel with Minerva as an adult?

Great work.

Truly
dhawthorne chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
that was fabulous! I can't wait to read some more of your works! I truly enjoyed this fic and loved the originality of your idea!
selmak chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
Take # 2 at this review.

Wonderful story. I love that young!Min changed colors of flowers based merely on her whimsy. Who would have thought THAT? I'm really sad that this is a one-shot, as I'd love to know more about young!Min.