Reviews for Lyra's Oxford
Nitrojedi chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Wow, very nice story, I would just change the date of this story, because the angel told them it would take a whole lifetime for Lyra to learn and master the Alethiometer. She is faster than 60 years, but i don't thought of 3 years.
Maybe they could meet at the age of 25 years...

Greetings and many thanks for this wonderful story
Moonlight-Arashi chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
thank you so very much for writing this, i feel the same way as you but i'm never good with words -
scarily obsessed chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
i cried for, like, an hour when i finished the book! i have never cried over a book! and then i cried some more when i went to bed!
Anna Diggory chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
You're right. But, Pullman said that it would be another book! Your story was awsome
prettiermusings chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
You know, the literary analyst in me goes "Brilliant, masterful, perfectly tragic!" every time I read the end of TAS, but then the hopeless romantic in me goes, "Shut up already, you nerd. Will and Lyra are MEANT TO BE!" The romantic side wins out a lot of the time, and that's when I go fanfic hunting. ;D See, the sacrifice Will and Lyra had to make is such an emotional punch in the gut, which is part of what makes it so powerful. But at the same time, I so so so so wanted a happy ending...Which is why I enjoyed your story so much. I agree with you, Will and Lyra have a love for the ages, and their being apart is horribly sad. I think you hit the nail on the head with how they'd react to seeing each other again. Thanks for feeding my addiction to happy stories! I loved reading about Will and Lyra being together. :3
la anjita chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
I agree completely with your endnote. I threw a tantrum and then sulked for three days after reading The Amber Spyglass. Thankyou very much for writing an alternate ending...especially one that is actually conceivable.
hanjuuluver chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
I totally agree! that was a horrible ending! It killed me! and you suddenly get that absolute need to write incredibly sappy reunion fluff. Good job! love it! *sniffles*
Tanya G chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
I just finished reading The Amber Spyglass about 10 minutes ago... the first thing I did was go online to look up fan fic to find a story that gave a better ending. I wasnt expecting the end of that book to be so sad. It was painful to read. Thank you for writing a more complete ending. :D
James-Padfoot chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
Ah, I sympathize with how you felt. Nice piece.
Kay13579 chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Firstly, I COMPLETLY agree with your interprtation on how the books ended. I was crying at the end. I couldn't believe that Pullman ended the series like that! Ok, enough ranting. Secondly, thank you for the story, it was extremly good and a much better way to end the story, if you ask me :D

yamiishot chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
I was saddened by the ending but your fanfiction makes me feel better about that. Its beautiful
Leslie Finch chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Wasn't "Lyra's Oxford" the title of a short story tying "The Amber Spyglass" to the upcomming novel, the "The Book of Dust?"
ninaxoxo94 chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
i really liked it. It was the ending that the book was missing, and it was happy! score for the optimist club!
doms celestial artemis chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
hi. i completly agree witht the ending not being right. i cried so much when i finishedt the book. i think he likesd the idea of them coming together in death but i so think tha they should be togethe. this was an amazing fa fic! keep writing
Silent Soul Ken -SSK chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
Yeah.. I found it strange because he say's that their love stopped dust from flowing due to them being the new Adam and Eve then he says 'Nope the worlds still messed up!'