Reviews for Snowbird's Interlude
Siba chapter 11 . 11/20/2007
“…I thank your for your words from the bottom of my heart"

Change first your to you
Siba chapter 10 . 11/14/2007
I feel like singing every time this story gets updated. Sometimes I do, but only when I'm alone in the house.
Kat Wylder chapter 10 . 11/13/2007
This chapter really shows a lot of the larger picture in terms of what's going on with the Sentinels' Clan opponents, and the how and why of what they are up to. It looks like things are really going to get rough for Sheila and the others, since Romano and Team Malthus have it in for them.
Kat Wylder chapter 9 . 11/9/2007
It looks like Sheila got her courage back just in time. She's going to need every ounce of it to deal with Romano.
Neko Kuroban chapter 8 . 11/4/2007
Sheila is excellent in this chapter, as another reviewer has noted.

Still, I think the most powerful line in this segment comes Wolf's quoting: "to be a soldier you must love the army, but to be a commander you must be willing to destroy that which you love, because sometimes it’s the only way to win a battle or a war." It just seems so war movie-esque, and I do admit to having a certain creeping fondness for war movies.

This chapter is very dialogue-centric, which adds to the quick pace of the story as a whole, I think. It all seems so.../connected/, which is rare for something written in installments and a quality that I have a great deal of admiration for.

Love, Peace, and Happiness! Neko
RougeBaron chapter 8 . 10/29/2007
Four Gauss is possible in table top or *real* BTech design. It'll surely leave Steiner's ThunderHawk in dust. But IMHO only Daishi can do it. Well, maybe I'm wrong. A Turkina might do it, but there's no Turkina yet in 3051.

Sadly, younger generation of BTech fans are more familiar with Micro$oft version of MechWarrior, so this unorthodox design might be completely out of question. *sigh* I miss the good ol' BTech.

Anyway, if you like philosophical war movies, try "The Thin Red Line". You probably saw this already, but in case you haven't, there's a segment talking about exactly the same matter covered in this chapter. Damn, Nick Nolte can be an incredibly believable character if he wants to.
Kat Wylder chapter 8 . 10/29/2007
It's good to see that Sheila's back in charge of the situation. And this time she managed to teach the royals something without having to beat them over the head or cuss them out. That's definitely some progress. It's also good to see how she's sure of her capacity to sacrifice her own troops to save more lives. As difficult as that sort of choice surely is, there's no room for hesitation in battle.
Kat Wylder chapter 7 . 10/22/2007
I've always thought Kai had something of a "Shinji complex" going on, as well. And it looks like Victor's desire to cheer up his friend is doing more harm than good. It seems Victor hasn't yet learned that there's a time and a place to improve morale-and it's not in the middle of the commander's lecture on how not to get killed.
Neko Kuroban chapter 7 . 10/21/2007
Excellent as always, pet.
Kat Wylder chapter 6 . 10/18/2007
I wouldn't have expected Phelan to have anything against Sheila. That is interesting. While he didn't provide a great deal of information to Senefa, I'm sure that a character such as her will be able to make good use of those tidbits. I really enjoyed getting a better glimpse of Senefa here.

And many thanks for the plug, as well.
Kat Wylder chapter 5 . 10/9/2007
I suspected that Sheila wouldn't actually be pregnant, but this was a surprise. I wonder how this news is going to affect Sheila and Max.
Kat Wylder chapter 4 . 10/3/2007
Romano Liao is a scary, scary woman-not to mention the obvious crazy. For a moment, I thought she might see the merit or Rhialla's words, but that's far too much to hope, of course. Poor Sheila is in a tough spot now.
Neko Kuroban chapter 4 . 10/3/2007
A thousand apologies for not having been keeping up with reviewing. ._. It's a long story and not an interesting one, at that.

Either way, you're kicking ass as always.
Kat Wylder chapter 3 . 10/1/2007
This is definitely the funniest chapter yet, language and all. Marion is just so crusty and mean that it's great to see her out in the field whipping up on all the pansy royals. She really meant it when she said she hates everything.
Zeddy chapter 3 . 9/30/2007
Oh man, that was great. Laughed my ass off all the way through that chapter. Are you trying to wrestle or cop a feel, classic man just classic!
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »