Reviews for Secrets and Lies
Alex chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Ok, I know you published this a long time ago, but I needed you to know this story is perfect, probably the best H/M I've read. The way that you describe the situations... you helped me to understand this couple, you know?

Congrulations for this awesome one-shot, you write well. (Sorry, English isn't my first lenguage :P )
suns and stars chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
good chapter
Giwu chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
What a great challenge! You did a fantastic job with it. :) I thought you did very well with 'lust'!
Squeeka Cuomo chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
What I love most about this fic is the tone. It’s so incredibly rich and thick and… sensual. I know that we talked about this before I thought I’d say it one more time. Reading this is like wrapping up in a bunch of hot, delicious, warm caramel.

I’m not a fan of this pairing but the truth is, it was an important relationship for both of them. You’ve written the harsh reality of what they meant to each other beautifully. It’s not all sunshine and roses because it’s a shippy fic. No, this honest and true to the characters.

I love the fact that you didn’t ignore Yelina. Yes, her mention was slight but she was still there. He may have married/been in love with Marisol but Yelina was still a very important part of his life.

Lovely.
Celtic Knot chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
*cries*

Oh, my goodness, that was just so unbearably painful the whole way through! Absolutely tragic. Wonderful job. :)
Mtwapa chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
DuckieNicks, is there any pairing you can't write?

What struck me most in your vignettes was how much they both compromised and hid from each other the fact that they were trying to make each other happy: that they had certain images that they had to maintain which isn't something you'd do if you found your 'soulmate'. I can't say why, given the serious of the tone, but H. stuffing himself with ropa vieja made me laugh. Your imagery of their marriage not happening in god's eyes is just brilliant, it really opened my eyes and had me nodding thinking 'that makes so much sense'.

The vignette that really stood out for me was 'sloth' because it had a more positive feel to it that they both seem genuinely happy. I really liked the theme you chose, '7 deadly sins' and how the different episodes featuring these 2 wove around it.

The image you leave in 'wrath' reminds me of the DVD cover for S4 (he's like superman with a gun and chaos all around him), a bit random but that's what popped into my head while reading. It's ironic that he tries to make the world right 'gun in hand' because that is what killed M, so much for turning the other cheek, but I guess there's only so much the man can take. As always your piece had angst filled with subtle truths about their relationship.

sorry as usual, i've kinda gone on for too long but just to say thatI found the end line perfect and (in my weird head) very romantic. Thanks
Rainbow Stevie chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
I'm in a fanfic slump right now, hardly reading anything, but this is just gorgeous. I feel vaguely like it should be upsetting, or at the very least depressing...and it is, but there's such an undercurrent of truth to it all that it's fitting (particularly on their rushed, courthouse marriage - I love the detail about it seeming less serious because it's not in God's eyes. That's definitely how it feels) The picnic by the fireplace after having the real one rained out is a wonderful scene...may need to play that over daydreams a time or ten. But the line that really draws me in is "as a child raised on fairy tales, Marisol has always preferred fantasy to reality." I don't know, it's just one that makes me shiver. In a good way.

And finally, oh, the last section is gold. Definitely captures the hinge being sprung lose between the end of season 4 and the start of season 5. "With gun in hand, he sets out to make the world over" - that's a profound image right there. Possibly one of my favorite descriptions ever.
mafiaprincessa.k.a. alisa chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
wonderfully done...i loved marisol and horatio...and was saddened, when they killed her off so soon...next to his mother...i think, marisol effected him the MOST...i HOPE to see MORE horatio and marisol stories from you in the future.

alisa...a.k.a. mafia princess