Reviews for Last Goodbye : Part 3 of Lights and Sounds
Unknown lazy ass chapter 3 . 10/17/2009
I love this trilogy. I really do. And I think you kept true to Alex's character (post jealous Alex) and I think that's what's pissing me off. I can't imagine comforting someone like that, after all the pain Marissa put Alex through, it just seems too ...unjust. I honestly don't think I could've gone back to someone like Marissa, if I were Alex.

You can only get kicked so many times until you realize it hurts. And people may say if you love somebody you'll always be there for them, but this was just down right selfish of Marissa.

Though really, Ryan was a friend of Alex's, and it's hard to keep that in mind with everything, but the very first chapter clearly showed how close the two had once been. As a friend I would've came, but for Marissa? Never. Maybe that's just me, and really I've never experienced something quite like this before in my life, so I can't say for certain, but I'm darn right close. I mean, Marissa blunt out said, "I don't love you. Leave."

And after they exchanged the dreaded four words, Marissa made up the excuse that it was just 'fucking', just. It makes me so angry. What's even worse is, this would've actually happened. If O.C had followed this plot, Alex would've been left out in the curve only to keep chasing after Marissa. I think that's the saddest part here. The reality of it.

Another I really found interesting was how you kept Ryan, Ryan. He wasn't some asshole that you plotted to kill just for fan-service, he was Ryan Atwood. An honest man, a loving husband, and a good father. It actually makes his death more significant than it should, considering that you are writing for Malex shippers. But I think you made a bang-up decision.

As for Marissa, I can't say much other than: you defined Marissa Cooper like a dictionary. It was everything from careless remarks to forcing herself to love Ryan. Well, not really forcing but staying with Ryan out of the principle of it.

I was really hoping for some revenge on Alex's half. She barely made a nic with the whole 'Rachel's my girlfriend', seeing as she was mooning full-throttle over Marissa. So, really, a moot point. I probably sound like a broken-record with my anti-Marissa rants, but I just can't wrap my head around it. It's so goddamn heart-breaking.

You should publish this with original characters, it'll do for an amazing book.

Other than that, gread job and thank you fo the great read.
FeelLikeRain chapter 10 . 12/13/2008
I loved the idea of Alex looking after and holding Kate, somehow it was just so family like and happy. It wasn't hard to imagine little Kate as Katie (Mischa's character in Once and Again) and that made it even more enjoyable.

Im guessing no part 4? Although I'd love to read about them raising a family together
CustomHeroine chapter 10 . 6/29/2008
Wonderful series. One of my favorites. Great job, and I'm so happy there was a happy ending. I usually leave lengthy reviews but I think if I did I'd just be repeatedly praising the story so I'll stop here. I look forward to seeing more from you.
WonderousPlaceForAnEcho chapter 10 . 5/9/2008
that was very good. The range of emotion and the descriptions were very good. Also I liked how the hospital was detailed because it is a terrible place to be, even if its a check up, they're terrible. There's a death cab for cutie song lyric that goes-there's no comfort in the waiting room. I thought that fit well with it and I'm obviously glad Alex stayed around and helped Marissa through her pain. Also was Ashton Marissa and Ryan's baby, because I would assume so. Overall that was really good.
Jdevilray62 chapter 10 . 1/10/2008
This was such a great story!
silverscreen crush chapter 10 . 10/26/2007
sweet ending, props to you.
shassy25 chapter 10 . 10/26/2007
great story! im glad they end up

together, i like the emotions that

you put in this story too...

thanks...
bigblusky chapter 10 . 10/25/2007
wow.. that's the first word i can come up to... awesome fic and the ending is just perfect.. you have a great way with words.. you manage to make us [readers] feel all the emotions..

thanks for sharing this with us.. )
drumstiix chapter 9 . 10/4/2007
post more soon

i wanna see peoples reactions
mack7465 chapter 9 . 9/30/2007
oh man that was so well written! you are an amazing writer, i love all of your stories. I hope that wasnt the end, it cant be! please update soon! i hope things really work out for alex and marissa, its just too sad right now!
silverscreen crush chapter 9 . 9/25/2007
oh man, such a good story

brilliant writer you are
Kissila chapter 9 . 9/24/2007
Wow. Sad, sad story. I'm not used to all this griev in Malex ficts, but its surprisingly good. I love this fict. Read all three parts yesterday, one after the other. Probably the best Malex fict I've ever read (and the most real one too). Please update, I so want to read more.

Congrats!
bigblusky chapter 9 . 9/23/2007
they're making progress.. yay.. but still its a bit sad knowing someone they love passed away.. :/
Queen-Of-Sins chapter 9 . 9/23/2007
No Way! I don't generally get sad at stories, but seriously, I'm sad. Lol. Gotta update.
lauren36ren chapter 9 . 9/22/2007
My heart is breaking for everyone. Poor Marissa. Poor Alex. Poor me. I do love this story even though it makes me sad.