Reviews for Black Coffee
empatheticsympatheticpathetic chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
She remained the same.

She never told him that she loved him.

Gosh i love that ending. It's so wistful... wishful, longing for something but contented at one thing at the same time...

I l3ve your stories... Please update Secrets in between and private nuisance please please...
Fate Camiswhil chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
this was very beautiful, such a work of art!

I can't believe I didn't review for it the first time I read it but well, I'm reviewing now... Lol!

I don't really wanna go deep down and think about where or how this fic came about, it's just amazing and it doesn't need interpretations, it's just epic!

thank you so much for a wonderful fic!

this one truly reached deep inside me, it's so sensuous, and not the obscene kind...

all the best of luck and God bless you always...

(._.)
george chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
not likely athrun... u know he's always the proper man. you're free to make your own athrun anyway. hehehe
Raquel Lahirondelle chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Interesting form and written with a significance and purpose that plenty of one-shot fics take ten times the number of words to achieve. A very good read.
shadesoftherain chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Terrific. Smouldering, intense and so sexy.
to be whole again chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Can't say more than that, I think.
Anon chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Definitely naughty but so velvety, so intense, and so wonderfully rich that I return to this fic every time I need a quick fix.

Your writing is definitely like dark chocolate, never mind the slightly corny description. It's flowing, bitter-sweet, and leaves a distinct aftertaste that speaks of what the actual taste was but is different enough to make you want to revisit the actua story over and over again. Well done.
pantouflesouffle chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
TERRIFIC FIC.
Makoto no Koto chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
A jewel of a one-shot.
rosenthalwhite chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
I can see how their love is abusive... While I'm not sure how this relationship really works, it seems that their addiction to each other is very consuming and very frightening for Cagalli, who doesn't really know how to love him but loves him anyway.

I like this piece alot, and I'm definitely adding it in my favs!
Sore Wa Atshi no Kokoro chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Hey! Really sexy little fic here without being all smutty. In many ways, this is what an M fic should be- suggestion, innuendo, and something that really grips the imagination. I'm glad you wrote such a great piece here!
MesserDarcy chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
This was really wonderful.

At first, I was hit by how lovely, how intangible and fleeting the views of their romance were. But as I read it again, it became deeper with layers of how their love was actually even in the simplest things they did, at any point of the day or night.

You might disagree with my reading of this, as I suppose other reviewers will. I admit (haha!) I had to read some of the other reviewers' comments to guess which interpretation was the most accurate of the events going on in this fic, but I think mine is still correct.

Some readings include a general understanding of the two being intimate in bed, some readings that they are not really in love but by force of habit, going through the motions of it for lack of better option.

It could even be a one-sided love, with Athrun giving and Cagalli taking. It could also be a matter of lust rather than love- we all know how sensually you can write, the Isle being testimony to that. (grins)

Here's my reading- feel free to correct even if you are a reader/reviewer. From Cagalli's behaviour, she's probably having an illicit sort of relationship with Athrun.

That's why she's so jumpy when he comes to her in the morning and seems to want to continue lovemaking.

At the same time, she knows she loves him but isn't allowed to show it. Nor will Athurn let her. This is clear from how reluctant he is to milk his slight injury for all its worth even when Cagalli seems prepared to pamper him and fuss over him.

And maybe because they are in an illict relationship, she cannot accept that their love is extraordinary but must go through the average notions of being together with a man she could do without.

The simplicity of their activities, from eating, to drinking, to even watching each other in bed or go to work, seems to be a humdrum, routine life.

But even simple folks in ho-hum husband and wife relationships often leave the house with pecks on the cheeks and the usual careless, 'I love you', or 'Be back soon'. Here, they go through all of that but she doesn't tell him she loves him. Maybe because she can't?

Correct me if my reading is wrong, but that's how it seemed to me. Coupled with the song and the video, which I watched, it seemed to be that sort of gloomy atmosphere underlying what seems to be an average, normal life.
bebebeyourlove chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Smexy! I love this one-shot and the song!
brightlywoundbylight chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
It's just amazing how you make me think of all those sensual images with such precise, evocative imagery and the nice tie in to the song.

While I can't say I like the song, I must say that I loved it in relation to this piece of writing. Your grasp of imagery and the characters never fails to make great reads, but this is definitely one of the pieces that will stick in my head.

(Now that I've gotten black coffee into my ipod, that is)

I really loved the bit where Athrun cut himself by accident and Cagalli tried to be affectionate and openly tender. That he was surprised by it and didn't know how to react irritated her, I think, because she felt guilty for not showing him affection outside their lovemaking, I suppose.

Yet, she herself doesn't know how to be open about her feelings when it comes to normal, every day life and at any one point of time, as you've shown with those clever insertions of the clock's time at different points of the day. It's so in Cagalli's character to love passionately during sex and almost destructively with all her feelings. But she's reckless with love, such that she doesn't know how to say she loves him when it really matters.

And that ties in so nicely with the fact that she never told him that she loved him.
Rawrrdoll chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
The song click very well with the fic, and also with Athrun and cagalli
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »