Reviews for Get Up And Move
i-love-candy chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
i love this is a great one-shot it had me aww-ing at the end.
Illusion of the Mirror chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Very sweet. SmellerShot needs more love!
Frosty Pickle Juice chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
_

Aw! Yay!

...I hope they don't just disappear in this season. T_T
spider lillies chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
Yes - get it in before S3 crushes our hopes. xD I like to think they escaped, too, although Post-Laogai fic is iffy sometimes. But this isn't one of those times. :D

I love how you wrote the first scene from Jet's point of view, as he's dying. It seems like a lot of Post-Laogai fics start out with a rehashing of the scene when the Aang Gaang leave him in the episode, and that gets so old after awhile. I loved that you started it with them just being alone and watching over Jet. It brought a nice sense of closure to what his final moments may have been like. So many good lines in this first scene, but I especially liked how you described the tear tracks running down Smellerbee's face and her final conversation with Jet. They were very vivid details, and the word about the Dai Li being late to catch them because they were (presumably) busy with Aang was very sensible and much appreciated. The descriptions of Longshot's actions were very well done, and gave me a nice picture of him throughout the scene. The first part was very well done.

The second scene was excellent as well. The quick description of how they got from underneath the lake to the surface was a little rushed, but all in all I could understand it. I think the description of the exit collapsing could have been a little more detailed, but that's alright. I liked the first line about how the Dai Li agents arrived too late. Gotta give our duo a break once in a while! This scene flowed very well, although I feel kind of iffy about 'Bee leaving her chestplate behind. I wasn't sure why she did it. It seemed like you were insinuating that it would inhibit her running away, but it doesn't seem to bother her in the show. A few words explaining why would have made that part work, but it's not a big concern of mine. Kudos to you for taking some creative liberty.

You wrapped up their predicament quite nicely, and this final scene:

""They go after the girls first," Smellerbee had muttered when rumor passed their way. She was regretting leaving her rough-hewn leather armor far back at Lake Laogai. The archer encircled her and gripped her shoulder firmly. A hint of a blush danced across Smellerbee's cheeks.

He would not let them get her.

"Thank you"

The archer brushed long, slender fingers under her chin, and kissed her forehead.

"You're welcome," his eyes spoke."

...well, it goes without saying that it made me melt into an "Aww"-ing, fluffy shipper. I liked the subtlety of it - it fit Longshot and Smellerbee so well, you have no idea how much I loved it.

Absolutely lovely fic, and an instant favorite! You did a great job and I thank you for writing something so good for the Freedom Trio!