Reviews for Bodice Ripper
Bloodsired chapter 22 . 1/14
Wow! That was a fantastic story. Thank you for sharing it and I'm glad I found it. :D
A ShrinkinG VIOLET GIrL chapter 22 . 12/28/2013
Its an interesting shot perhaps..with a bit adventure?
FrancesOsgood chapter 3 . 9/15/2013
Ooh! This is lovely! I can't wait to see where this goes!
FrancesOsgood chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Ok, I admit it. I have been passing this story by over and over simply because of the title. I love your beginning though, and I'm glad I finally decided to give it a chance.
Gracie chapter 22 . 6/28/2013
I'm sure there are many ways of which I could review this enchanting and addictive story. I could use elaborate and confusing words, or delve in deeply and try to dissect all the different aspects that I love. Instead I will simply say that if this story were a printed book, it would be dog-eared and quite possibly tea stained. The amount of times I have lain in bed, snuggled up with a cup of tea reading this wonderful story, are innumerable. Thank you so much!
Lozzarooni chapter 22 . 6/26/2013
I have to say that I'm really sad to see this end cause I've loved every minute that I've spent reading this. It has been a refreshing change and a great story set in an alternate universe. Beautifully written and well thought out I was hooked from reading the summary. Off to read your other brilliant stories now.
gravity01 chapter 22 . 4/9/2013
That was the PERFECT ending! Oh my goodness. I was wondering how you were going to sum it all up with one chapter left and you just nailed it.

His grudgingly ambivalent response to Hoggle and Didymus was dead on, I think. He didn't hurt them, but he wasn't going out of his way to protect them, either. It was a generous but not syrupy response on his part and absolutely believable.

It's strange to think of him as anything BUT the Goblin King, especially given that it was admitted he was better suited to it than his brother... but if its something that was a burden on him, I'm glad he was able to be relieved of it. Does that mean his brother is somehow above him, though? Like, if he makes a command, does Jareth have to obey? Because that's hard for me to wrap my brain around.

There was a moment there when I ALMOST felt sorry for the Wise Man. To be so old that you could be bored, even admitting that his life was in a constant state of change... that must be hard. Still... what an awful thing to do. Maybe the lines of morality blur when you're old enough and powerful enough to not care about the consequences.

Really liked the idea of Jareth's magic infusing into his very being after so long. A cool little twist.

I also thought the imagery of Jareth in the throes if animalistic rage was pretty fantastic.

Well, I'm sure I've gushed enough, but this was amazing. There couldn't have been a better ending. It leaves an opening for a sequel, but doesn't demand one, and that is a nice way to end. I wish I was better at doing stuff like that in my own stories.

I think I've read nearly everything you've done now. Soo... I'm hoping you'll have more to publish soon!
gravity01 chapter 21 . 4/9/2013
I am so obtuse! I just figured Byron meant 'uncle' in the affectionate, figurative sense. But THIS makes so much more sense.

I know I've mentioned how well you write creepy!Jareth, but I hadn't said just how magnificently you capture arrogant!Jareth. I had a hard time putting my finger on it until you described the same similarities with his brother. The idea that they HAVE to get their way... not because of being spoiled or childish... but because any alternative is simply incomprehensible to them. To be so single minded and obsessive as to say "This WILL work because it not-working isn't an option. Period." And be so utterly convinced of that that they proceed as if whatever crazy thing they're doing is totally acceptable.

Even throughout Jareth's tumultuous thoughts, he seemed to hold the attitude that Sarah's absence in his life is nothing more than a mistake in the universe that must be corrected. Easy peasy.

The brother's backstory was wonderful. It makes SO much come together. It's weird to picture either one of them as just regular boys... but all of this makes sense now and you've painted the picture brilliantly.

Still kind of want to punch Hoggle. But at least I don't want to kill him anymore. So, there's that.

Well done. Looking forward to the last chapter!
gravity01 chapter 20 . 4/9/2013
Now there's a complication. Jeepers. Interesting there was enough magic to send Jareth back to Boston without a trace, but it didn't prevent him from carrying on little trinkets and reminders. I hope that's a sign that Jareth's magic is getting strong enough to resist what's going on.

LOVE that Sarah didn't just cry and be sad... that she's actually is off to find him. Somehow.

I wonder if there's any magic involved with this baby. Jareth's goblin king persona was in charge during a lot of that child's creation. Just a weird thought.

Didymus sure better help them now! And Hoggle needs a swift kick in the pants. It's killing me not knowing what's going on there. He must have SOME good reason for all this. He knows he's hurting Sarah, and he knows that this is literally killing the goblins one by one... yet he still thinks whatever this plan is is necessary. I wonder what's going on in that head of his.

Strange thinking of Jareth as a writer... or as anything three hundred years ago. Was he once human, then? That backstory is very interesting to me. Same with Byron. There's more to both those guys that I'd love to understand.
gravity01 chapter 19 . 4/9/2013
Ahh! I don't know what to even say about that! How absolutely horrible. What on earth HAPPENED to him?!
gravity01 chapter 18 . 4/9/2013
Aw :) I really like Didymus. His reflections of how he felt about his 'children' were super sweet.
gravity01 chapter 16 . 4/9/2013
Woo. Good warning. I never would've even recognized the flowers, much less the meaning.

Loved the bit about a narcissist being incapable of sending a message that doesn't directly pertain to himself. True, I think, and very well stated.

Despite the warning to Sarah about the consequences of letting the Goblin King out... the others seem to believe the consequences are actually fatal. So I am seriously wondering what the whole deal is.
gravity01 chapter 14 . 4/9/2013
Oh that was funny. I like Byron. What a weird little guy. Plus... added mystery of what on earth caused him to be human again. I have speculations, of course, but I probably better just read on in case they make me sound like a crazy person.

Kind of want to punch Hoggle right now, though. I keep telling myself that there must be a good reason for whatever awful thing he is planning for Sarah and Jareth.

Agh. Looks like with every answer there's just more questions.
gravity01 chapter 12 . 4/9/2013
Ah poor Sarah. I wonder if a certain goblin had anything to do with the hopelessly dead state of her car.
gravity01 chapter 5 . 4/8/2013
For some reason 'magical being showing up and watching you sleep' is actually LESS creepy than 'regular guy breaking in and watching you sleep'. Weird.