Reviews for The Islanders
Kat-Knife chapter 44 . 3/22/2014
I loved this story! It was super cute and I have to say that I liked the alternative ending more than the original ending, it seemed more fitting. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel! :)
EdenLeeRay chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
O.M.G i loved it :) I love Beckett he cracks me up he is a smug bastard, i love him haha.
Guest chapter 26 . 12/25/2012
Awesome story ;)
Cordelia Darcy chapter 6 . 8/22/2011
Woo, last review! Just wanted to get this wonderful fic to 400- I thoroughly enjoyed it when I read it.
Cordelia Darcy chapter 5 . 8/22/2011
:P Nice work.
Cordelia Darcy chapter 4 . 8/22/2011
Cordelia Darcy chapter 3 . 8/22/2011
Great fic!
Cordelia Darcy chapter 2 . 8/22/2011
So, I was just going to leave the one review- but then I saw you were 5 away from 400, and I couldn't resist. Expect 4 more reviews with little to no comments on the actual story. Hey, cut me some slack, I've read the whole thing!
Cordelia Darcy chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Ah! I read this story forever ago- so glad to have found it again :)
Bloodsired chapter 44 . 4/4/2011
Very humorous adventure from Lizzie and Beckett. Oh, I love the bartering between them. I can't blame lizzie for not really, I mean REALLY trust Becket he always plotting something. And I think the best ending would be the original. I don't see its fitting that he would settle with that Carot girl and suddenly gone soft. He always be the ambitious lord. Thats what make him Beckett.
crazikido2 chapter 35 . 2/23/2010
if a reviewer described it sick of the birthing thing...that's the way baby comes yeah up the rating...but kick the dude that states the obvious...that the way it goes.

thanx for the xool story.
CanNeverQuiteGetThere chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
After reading your very enjoyable “Counting the Days” I was so convinced that this was going to be good that I downloaded all 44 chapters of it onto my memory stick (which took just over an hour) to take home and read.

It’s disappointing . That surprised me.

The characterisation is the big, big problem. You were concerned about Jack, but you didn’t write his brief appearance too badly, incidentally, either that or this thing labelled Beckett was blocking my view and taking up my attention. I could make allowances for character changes in a dead Beckett in a supernatural ghost story, but in what is essentially a sequel to AWE? You failed to grasp the extent of Beckett’s inhumanity, his need for control. He was too soft much, much too quickly for credibility. If we’d seen his venomously cruel side at all the stark contrast would lead to more of an appreciation of your cute descriptions.

And the ending! The ending!

I must confess that I may have skipped a chapter or two but I diligently read through at least 40 of the chapters because I felt that it would be unfair to review your story if I‘d just stopped after the first or second chapter. I’m glad I did, though, (apart from the fact that I should be dealing with a certain crisis in my life instead of reading fanfic to escape from said crisis, but that‘s nothing to do with your story) because the style and plot did improve as it went on. And then I realised that if you brush aside the characterisation, the story is very good. The misunderstandings, especially, were clever, though I feel like it would have been more engaging if you could have kept from resolving a couple of them so quickly. So if the story didn’t keep insisting it was about Beckett and Elizabeth but that it was about two other people behaving as they do in your story - Another way of saying essentially the same thing is it seemed to me like it was about this Beckett and Elizabeth that you had created yourself, which didn’t really bear relation to the film‘s, but were entertaining - and rounded - in their own right.

This is the longest review I’ve ever written, and take that to mean it’s from the heart. It’s concrit, and I hope you will take it as such, as an encouragement to keep writing and keep getting better, because whatever happens, don’t let me - or anyone - stop you writing.

Yours, etc.
mynameisgirl chapter 42 . 8/4/2009
Sque! I loved this story... even (maybe especially) the cheesiness... And you kept Beckett (generally) in character, which was good :)

Great job!
Blood Red Queen chapter 44 . 6/16/2009
Oh wow I think my brain just died from all the awesome in this story!

If I'm honest, I was secretly hoping for a bit of romance between Beckett and Elizabeth, but I can't have everything eh?

I absolutely adore your story, I even got a right ol' telling off at school as I was too busy reading your amazing story than do my presentation! Not good for me, but a complement for you.

Hats off to you, great banter between the characters, going to check out the sequel, count on that!

Oh, by the way, I agree that getting rid of Jack was a smart move, and the birthing scene was completely realistic, therefore even more amazing!

Keep up the good work!
thunderings chapter 44 . 7/8/2008
I just found this story, and I loved it. Great job!