Reviews for Harry Potter: Rogue
agentinfinity chapter 20 . 8/12
Well thought up
N Flamel chapter 20 . 8/11
Wow! Despite having read this story at least several times, this chapter and ending still carry a wallop. This was very well written, as attested by the fact that the dual deaths still weigh heavily on me. That they both took their lives seems appropriate, since they lived their earlier lives - and I assume the remaining years also - on their own terms. There's no way Ginny would stay in this realm with Harry gone. That was nicely set up, by the way, with Aunt Hermione knowingly filling in what James didn't immediately understand. More than likely I'll find another one of your gems to read again. They're that good, since they hold up to repeated readings. Thanks for writing stories like that! - Nicolas
N Flamel chapter 15 . 8/11
There be dragons, indeed! Excellent depiction of the battle between the magicals and the Chinese Fireball. Nice touch having Harry deciding to use some of the hide for his friends. That decision shows Harry's giving quality very well. The other hints during the fight also were subtly conveyed, such as Harry saving DD from being cleaved by the dragon's tail, having Fawkes follow Harry's request to attack the Fireball's eyes, and finally Harry being the one who dealt the death blow to the dragon. Very well done sequence, and for me, the highlight of this riveting chapter. - Nicolas
N Flamel chapter 10 . 8/10
This chapter had a lot of everything, it seemed. First of all, Ginny's reaction after Harry quelled the DE attack on The Burrow was well timed. James had served his purpose by that point, plus it launched the story into the Molly Hour, with its requisite questions/demands from Mrs. Weasley. The best part of her actions was that they enabled you to show how Harry had matured, both as a person and, luckily for the Grangers and Weasleys, as a fighter. The head shaking aspect of Molly's reaction is that she ignored how Harry saved her family. Nice job of showing some of her lesser qualities, while balancing them with her cooking and nursing skills.

I really enjoyed how Harry eliminated Snape while visiting his memories and finding out what type of person he really was. I think your version of Snape is much more likely and realistic than what we got from canon. As always, it's fun to revisit your stories. - Nicolas
N Flamel chapter 1 . 8/9
As many times as I've read this story, both here and before that a e, I apparently never left any reviews. So, you really pulled the reader into the story in this first chapter, while providing enough detail to give us a full picture of what Harry is going through. A more mature, independent Harry is one of my favorite iterations. Showing these traits through his thoughts and actions, like the plans and reading Harry's doing was a very good way to convey the information and action. Another theme I liked a lot was how Harry came to the conclusion Dumbledore isn't the benevolent grandfather figure most of the English magical world thinks he is. With that insight, your Harry made the entertaining decision to go rogue on Dumbles - sorry, couldn't resist that one. Excellent start! - Nicolas
robertgilescampbell chapter 20 . 7/27
This was my first and most loved Fanfic for such a long time, I've reread it several times, and likely will again lol Fantastic writing, great story, perfect pacing, I'm also one of those readers who I sent keen on the pairings that JK set forth but this just works! Loved it!
Thank you for your work. It came at a time of great need for me.
Sincerely
-Z
Noble Korhedron chapter 20 . 7/13
Cute story, but the whole "double coffin" thing was depressing as hell…
Specky Clarke chapter 17 . 7/10
Harry/Ginny is not my choice of parings and I am totally against Hermione/Ron pairing as their characters are so incompatible. Having said that you have done an excellent job (MUCH better than JKR) of building their growing affection for each other.
Specky Clarke chapter 4 . 7/9
Can you have multiple secret keepers? You can have anything you like; this is MAGIC and FICTION. Great story by the way.
GinnyPotter6891 chapter 20 . 6/10
Great read! I love all the changes you made to the original story though I think I would have preferred not to read about Harry and Ginny's deaths. To me they will always be young. Thanks so much for sharing your story!
stacygrrl2002 chapter 11 . 6/6
That's a whole lot of protective wards that were totally worthless, and gee, the vaunted ministry and the fried chickens were real effective at helping out and preventing/saving a lot of good people.(writing as I read) I can see Dumbles jumping at a chance to get Harry back to Hogwarts. It would benefit him greatly. I don't see Dumbles changing things up and shaking things up like that. Not in his school! It would not be conducive to smooth operation and weeks of favoritism. An apology not meant is easy to speak when you're a snake oil salesmen, and trying to manipulate people. He's a master politician, after all. If his lips are moving, hes lying. I take it back and apologize. He must really be desperate to get Harry back for that proposal. I would think it's a no on quidditch.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 5 . 6/6
Dumbles has to be the biggest arse in history. The idiot has a god complex for sure
AnthonyR89 chapter 2 . 5/14
i realize you're doing it because you want to ship Harry/Ginny, but him going to her doesn't really make much since. out of the ones mentioned, he probably knows Ginny and Luna the least. besides that, both Ginny and Ron would be out due to a mixture of their mother and the family loyalty to Dumbledore. Hermione would be a bit iffy due to her worship of authority figures. which basically leaves Neville and Luna, and of the two, he knows Neville much better.

though the Twins would also be a potential option, given that they are a lot more rebellious than their two younger siblings. and as a bonus, are actual members of the Order, putting them in the best pisition to actually spy on it, and they owe harry big time for funding their shop.
PLEASE READ ME chapter 15 . 4/26
...urg part two would probably involve harry finally freeing himself from the mind control potions that Dumbledore was feeding harry. Harry getting a immunity to that type, and Dumbledore would then have to pare the potions with love potions. Harry geting an immunity to that type too and freeing Hermione from the same and together planning to get free and escape and get revenge and live to rase a harry getting more and more skilled and powerful!