Reviews for Harry Potter: Rogue
Espied7 chapter 20 . 5/9/2011
I really liked the story, if it was a bit sappy... :) Nice characterizations - I especially like Paul Mcdonald.
duskglow chapter 20 . 3/8/2011
This story was fairly well written within the bounds of the trope. but it was very formulaic. Everything was about Harry, Harry, Harry - there were no consequences, there were no struggles, Harry just decided what he wanted to do and made it happen, and heaven help anyone who got in his way. I do generally like independent Harry stories, but they're very hard to get right, and I think this one could use some work.

Considering it's 11 years old, though, I'll certainly cut you some slack. :)
Bill4728 chapter 20 . 2/28/2011
wonderful story!

I normally don't like the stories with a Harry & Ginny pairing but you did this so well. Unlike JKR's books, you made it seem reasonable that Harry and Ginny would get together.

Also, unlike some other stories where Harry became super powerful, you made him powerful because he worked really hard at it.

Thanks again for the great story.
LaughingLast chapter 20 . 2/27/2011
A thoroughly enjoyable story! Nicely done.
Binka Fudge chapter 4 . 1/30/2011
Just thought I'd take a minute to say that I'm really enjoying this story, I'm so glad I clicked on your profile. Also, regarding multiple secret keepers in a single fidelius charm. In book seven of the series, Hermione explained that when Dumbledore, secret keeper for 12 Grimauld Place, died, everyone to whom he revealed the secret became a secret keeper themselves. This is how the death eater who hitched a ride with them after the ministry incident was brought into the secret, making it impossible for the trio to go back there and forcing them to go on the run in a magically enhanced tent. Although, now I come to think of it, they would've done better to incapacitate him, as he was a single threat and could not tell anyone else where they were. Judging by Dobby's actions at the end of book two towards Lucius Malfoy, house elves have a very powerful brand of magic all their own and I've a feeling that even Kreature, aged as he is, would've been capable of disposing of the intruder. Sorry for going on a rant, I know you're probably aware of all this now as this story was written some time ago.
Procusi chapter 11 . 1/18/2011
Tazer for self-defense - wonderful idea. Who cares that it only has a 15 ft range and a 30 second electrical pulse. Or the fact that it has a single shot before it needs to be reloaded. That's going to work wonders against deatheaters who like to attack in groups. And the darts are light enough that they would be easily deflected and have no chance of getting through armor.

Police use tasers since they are a useful way to control a single perp. However, they also carry large-capacity semiautomatic pistols and have assault rifles for heavy opposition.

Depending solely on a taser for self-defense is stupid. Even grabbing a kitchen knife would be better. Neither of which would be very useful against wizards.
Procusi chapter 10 . 1/18/2011
Amazing how stupid some people are about firearms. The Grangers just had their house attacked by people planning on raping, torturing, and murdering them, but they don't want to have anything to do with those "evil" firearms. Let's not do anything to defend ourselves. That's a real rational response.

I would love to see deatheaters try attacking a house in Texas. I'd bet that the average deatheaters' shield wouldn't hold against assault weapons.
Stephanie O chapter 20 . 1/17/2011
Incredible story! I'm so glad you recommended this story to me, and that I read it! I really liked the way you ended this, and I believe that's exactly the way Harry & Ginny would want to leave this earth - together. (The double sized coffin was also very understandable and a wonderful idea...like Hermione said, Ginny hasn't been apart from him for more than a couple of hours, so she's obviously not going to let her body spend eternity apart from Harry. Thanks for writing! :)
Stephanie O chapter 8 . 1/17/2011
Yay! Harry & Ginny got together! :) I loved that scene and every related thing leading up to it! Great chappie!
Stephanie O chapter 5 . 1/17/2011
I loved the weight room scene with Harry & Ginny (and the Quidditch pitch!) - it looks like both of them have plenty to contemplate now! :) There are a few spelling issues in this chapter, like a you're that should be your, but still great as ever!
Stephanie O chapter 4 . 1/17/2011
I'm curious, it looks like Harry figured out a way to make the house portkey to take him directly back to the house instead of the vault at Gringotts, but I don't remember seeing any explanation of it. I also think it's a very good idea (and plausible) to have a secondary secret-keeper. Great story!
Stephanie O chapter 3 . 1/16/2011
Awesome story so far! I really like the mirrors - will be a perfect way to help Harry & Ginny become even closer! I'm curious why Harry always touches his left forearm to apparate? I thought one just needed to hold his/her wand to do so. I also like that you've included regular dates, like 'updates' of where we are in time in the story. Thanks for recommending this one, Kevin! :)
reader1writer1 chapter 20 . 1/15/2011
Good story. :) I enjoyed it.
PardoxPixie chapter 20 . 1/4/2011
Really Good story there. I loved how you had the epilogue. With the family standing around years later. I loved that. It was a wonderful ending to a terrific tale.
PardoxPixie chapter 14 . 1/4/2011
yes, I have to say that I do hate stories where Harry is not on the team- whatever the reason. But I do love Harry teaching! I'm very much enjoying this tale.
438 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »