Reviews for Dichotomy
Guillo1988 chapter 11 . 1/16/2014
AMAZING!
Never Morrison chapter 11 . 1/15/2014
I've never really liked the whole 'Sukka' pairing. Usually, I'll even skip over a story if that's the main one, but something caught my attention and I had to check this one out. Now, as I've finally reached the end, all I can say is 'Awwwwwww so sweet!'
Rexnos chapter 11 . 7/1/2011
Alright, knocked the rest of the fic out. This one is a seriously long read.

In any case, I liked a lot of what you did here. My personal favorites were Sokka and Suki obviously. They had a depth that they actually lacked in the series. Obviously they needed to be a lot deeper to have such major roles in your plot, but you did a good job with it.

The primary issues I have basically stem from the way cannon went. I didn't like the way you marginalized Iroh and made Zuko seem so weak. Iroh is wise, powerful and hilarious. He's probably my favorite character. It's ridiculous to think Zuko would take the crown and not seek him out in some way. That said, you Zuko was very different from cannon Zuko. Frankly, this Zuko was a wuss. I can understand that Azula is a terrifying girl, but seriously? Even in cannon where Zuko was confused and unsure of himself, he never just ran from Azula.

In any case, sorry to be so critical. The first two chapters were incredibly deep to me and virtually flawless. I liked Sokka and Suki in the rest of the fic (though three years apart is a little insane when you can just travel by bison...) and your storyline was interesting. The fact remains that this is one of my favorite avatar fics.

Great job,

Rex
Rexnos chapter 2 . 6/29/2011
Deep stuff. That was some intense character inspection there. I wasn't quite sure what to think of Suki, but I liked Sokka and Azula a great deal.

Azula was terrifying. A young manipulative little witch twisted and transformed into a horrifying weapon. I was left wondering whether Azula's mother could have done anything at all. It'd be interesting to look into her character really. Ozai seems like a monster, but was that always the case? When did things change, how did she respond? Fascinating stuff.

Anyway, only complaint I have is the lack of line breaks. There are sudden changes in setting, time and characters that I can't see because of it. It took me a bit to figure it out, but it's a little thing. Great work.

Later,

Rex
Patz1989 chapter 11 . 4/18/2011
:) this was a pretty darn good story!
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 11 . 2/5/2011
You have gotten a lot of praise for this fic. Not a single word of that praise is unfounded.

Avatar: The Last Airbender has quite a few people dismissing it as a kid's show. When, in fact, this fic helps dismantle those views. This is Avatar as it should have been, minus the death and lack of screen-time of Iroh, but we can't have everything.

I applaud your characterization, your pacing, and you ability to breathe life into even characters whom you claim you can't write well. Extremely well done. Thank for your this story!
Bennet chapter 11 . 3/3/2010
This fic is seriously amazing. Your characterisation, plotting, use of point of view - all wonderful. It also has some of the best written fight scenes I've ever come across.

I really loved how you managed to balance the light and the dark. I really like that you explored Suki's captivity and the effect it had on her, but I also just adored the cuteness of the letters.

Finally, I was really impressed that you had Suki go home to her responsibilities instead of sticking to Sokka's side. It was very in-keeping of the feminist tone of the series and refreshing to see in fanfiction.

Thank you so much for taking the time and the effort to share something of such high quality.
mafalda157 chapter 11 . 10/2/2009
So I have finally finished this epic mammoth of a fic, and I'm still overwhelmed by the overall awesomeness of it so my review will be fairly fangirly, but I just have to say that OH MY GOD this is absolutely the best, most amazing avatar fic I have ever read. EVER! :D :D It's just so amazing and well written and exciting and realistic and funny at times and downright disturbing at others.

I have to admit, I was very much affected by how dark the story was. Maybe it was because I tried to read it all in one sitting, and because I honestly wasn't expecting something so utterly dark, but at some point I got so depressed I stopped reading. But I just couldn't leave such a great story unread, so after a few days I mustered up my courage and pressed on, and I'm very glad I did. :)

I loved the way you dealt with Suki. You obviously didn't shy away from her issues, and the way she ever so slowly and gradually learned to sort of deal with all the horrible stuff that happened to her felt very realistic. I loved every single one of her interactions with Sokka, from the heartbreaking to the fluffy ones. I loved how every single character had distinct flaws along with their strengths. I loved Azula, in all her psychopathic glory. I loved the epic battle at the end, I was literally holding my breath for most of it. I loved the unbelievably cute letters and the happy ending. Really, I loved everything about it. :) Thanks for being such a brilliant writer.

And sorry for the ridiculously lengthy review. I really hope you'll write more avatar fics in the future, and especially more Sokka/Suki, which is my OTP but seems sadly ignored by fandom. The world needs more Sukka awesomeness! :P
trousers chapter 11 . 9/7/2009
This is amazing. It's one of the the best pieces of writing that I've read within fandom.

Everything was beautifully done, from the description to the characterisation to the dialogue. The fight scene between Sokka, Suki, Azula, Zuko and Mai was incredible. I loved how you wrote Azula.

I regret that I don't have words to describe this wonderful, thought-provoking story! I can only thank you for posting it; rest assured that I'll be re-reading it several times.
Mirrorfaced chapter 11 . 11/15/2008
Holy crap. I can't begin to describe this fic as anything more meaningful as awesome. Azula was amazing, simply amazing, with a hint of maniacal asskickage. I usually find myself disregarding any romance, but you write so well, it just refuses to be ignored. The characters all come to life in a way that is so much more deep than the show. You paint pictures with vivid details and all that jazz. I'm sorry that I can't find proper words to express my awe and love for this story, that's as close as it's getting.
Mairead Lee chapter 11 . 9/5/2008
Breathtaking and so wonderfully done. (It helps that I completely support all of the ships you implied: Maiko, Sukka, and Kataang D) Usually with fanfics as long as yours, I eventually get bored and skim over chapters at a time-but not with this one. I'm wishing there was more...]
The Pterodactyl chapter 2 . 6/26/2008
Words...fail me. You've somehow managed to craft an Azula that's more scary than the original. How is this possible? It's freaking me out! But no matter, it just makes me want to read more!

The Pterodactyl
Juxtaposie chapter 11 . 5/15/2008
This story was amazing. I wish I had something more coherent to say, especially after reading eleven chapters straight through, but I think "amazing" sums it up pretty well. The characterization was just superb! You're a fantastic storyteller! This goes right to my favorites!
flatliner15 chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
hey, i lved your story, read it in one piece and was blown away with it,

it's soo hard to find well written and decent epic avatar epics

read some stories of yurs on lj too and you should deffinately post them here too, even the m rated ones

keep writing
Rose Gilmore chapter 11 . 3/19/2008
Loved it, but so sad that it's over!

I'm just really kinda bumbed that Suki and Sokka had to wait 3 years to see each other again! Really sad, but good ending!