Reviews for Turn Your Back, Look Away and Blink
a17al chapter 25 . 2/1
Not sure if you are still active on this site or not but just wanted to let you know how much I really enjoyed this story. Loved how you included Rose and the Weeping angels were such a great way to get her back to the Doctor.
This is definitely going on my favourite list :)
CherryTree230 chapter 23 . 1/22
Oh that is BRILLIANT! I never thought of Timithy coming along with them, but now it shall never leave! :)
CherryTree230 chapter 15 . 1/22
I enjoy your twist on the episode, joan being taken was certainly a surprise! Thank you so very much for the story! :)
Litwick723 chapter 23 . 1/16
This is a good idea, having Timothy go with them! I like this idea very ,unchanged. Is he going to be the child that the Doctor and Rose have? Like an adopted son? Oh, I would love that!
DrunkOnPancakes chapter 25 . 1/4
This was an incredible reads thank you for your great imagery. I can't believe you followed the main storyline so well that must've been really difficult. I'm so happy that Rose got to be with the doctor in the end. I always felt bad for Martha as my least Favorite companion I thought she was Brushed to the side.
TimeyWimeyBadWolf chapter 25 . 11/14/2015
Great story, fantastic job. Rapidly becoming my new OTP. And Timothy as a companion is brilliant! Such an adorable character and perfect for the TARDIS. Could pretend to be the Doctor and Rose's son! Now there's an idea for a sequel...
misherukuro chapter 25 . 11/6/2015
Wonderful fic thanks for the read. ~,~
mystrye chapter 25 . 9/22/2015
I really enjoyed this story. Made my Ten/Rose fashion heart happy. Well written too!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/9/2015
It's been a while since I've read this story and I remember it to be great but not its whole plot - so it's time to re-read it :) like the first chapter already (again) :))
Grosspointeblankfan chapter 22 . 8/8/2015
Very sweet and so lovely. I loved it! Bad Wolf power indeed!
Phoenix Black chapter 23 . 5/23/2015
Can I just say that the title of the book is perfect, like, the Angel in the beginning and the title of the story are three things you should NOT do when you see a Weeping Angel, thats Genius,
jessi.solomon chapter 6 . 5/4/2015
Feel fear to get assistance from any of the boys

My guess is that autocorrect has struck again and it has struck hard
CHICKENSLOVEBONES chapter 25 . 4/29/2015
It took me a while to find a Doctor who story that I could get into where I stayed invested in the story the entire way through and yours was the first one I found. Human Nature and the Family of Blood were two of my favorite episodes because of the time period.

I found another retelling of this story where Rose showed up but the pacing of the story was all off and it was hard to follow. Three short chapters in Rose was dead and John Smith was the Doctor again. The story was no were near over and I couldn’t see and ending were they didn’t just bring her back like ‘just kidding she’s not really dead’. Your story had a really nice flow to it. It didn't drag out but it kept the suspense going.

I loved how you got Rose there; she looked away from a weeping angle and was sent back to 1913, it was the same universe as the Doctor because the universes hadn't split yet. It was a very elegant and simple solution, one that sounded very canon to the show. For all the high-tech science explanations my favorite are always the simple ones.

As far as the question did the Angles send Rose back knowing that the Doctor was in 1913 or did the Tardis take them to 1913 knowing Rose would be there, I like to think it was the Tardis. The Angles don't care, they letting you die at a ripe old age having lived yourself to death not as kindness on their part. It's just easier then killing you. I would also think this halfhearted consolation prize of only temporally relocating their victims would help keep them pretty low on the list of War criminals that the intergalactic police are after. I don't even imagine the people of Gallofray would consider this a crime or cruel for the people involved since they are so comfortable with the idea of time travel and a person living their life in a different century then they were born.

The Doctor having spent so much time among humans and understanding their limited life span and discomfort when confronted with things they don't understand would see this as cruel, but few else would.

The time vortex contained in the Tradis would have given it knowledge of Roses impending relocation, and she loves her Doctor enough to sway the time lines in his favor. Every time the Tardis shakes and smokes and lands them someplace they weren’t going it turns out to be a place that really needs their help, coincidence, I think not. She may be built with controls for six but face facts Doctor, the Tardis steers herself.

When the Doctor left Rose in the parallel universe with his duplicate at the end of the 4th series he said that she was the best thing for him because she made him a more humane person. I saw a lot of this in your story. In the original telling of this story Martha had to argue with John Smith that he would have never let the students risk their lives fighting the Family if he remembered that he was the Doctor.

In your story they are running from the dance and when he runs toward the school Rose tells him the family is after him and that they can't endanger the students. He immediately realizes she's right and they run toward that cottage skipping over the entire battle scene at the school. This was such a tiny part of that chapter, only a sentence but for me it really showed that the Doctor takes Roses lead as much as she takes his. It shows the metamorphosis of their relationship from the first series where she has to shame him so that he will not use a gun on a Darlek to his later self where he yells at anyone else who tries to use a gun to solve a conflict. Even when she's not Rose Tyler and he's not the Doctor, he is still willing to take her lead.

The biggest part of the Story, the part that really answers the question how would it have gone differently had Rose been there is the Families punishment. I really liked how it ended in the original. I liked how Brother said that the Doctor was being kind by run from them. He won’t surrender and die but he won’t kill either, he’ll run. I thought their original punishment was very just, he didn’t kill them, he gave them exactly what they wanted but they will still suffer for what they have done. Rose went further than that she asked for them not to suffer for their crimes. She knew it wouldn’t do any good. She makes it seem like she’s asking him to do a favor for her but it’s for him. He already carries a lot of weight from all the other times he was left to judge what was right and just. Her request for the Family puts one less weight on his shoulders. She knows he’ll never regret his kindness as long as it doesn’t put anyone else in danger. And because Rose was there he doesn’t have to visit a mirror once a year and remind himself that they disserved it.

I liked that Timothy went with them. In the original when they were fighting at the school and Timothy runs away from the fighting a boy yells at him that he is a filthy coward and Timothy replies Oh yes, sir. Every time. The first thing I thought of was the Doctor threatening to blow up the satellite in BAD WOLF and the Dalek asks him if he’s a killer or a coward and he says Coward, every time. Timothy would have made a good companion on the show.

Forgive the length of this review but I thought you did a really good job writing this story and I wanted to tell you all the reasons I thought so.
Hlpur chapter 25 . 4/13/2015
Fantastic story. Absolutely entertaining.
sonamy4life chapter 25 . 4/10/2015