Reviews for 1000 Cranes
kairitheseventhprincessofheart chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Oh my gosh, it's so heartwarming and wonderful... I love your work!
ivyspinners chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
I have a strong suspicion that any story not revolving around main pairings is unfairly dismissed, because otherwise, this story would be on every Phoenix Wright rec list out there.

1) Prose - beautiful, descriptive, with an amazing sense of quiet that I adore

2) Pearl - can I just say that I love your descriptions and way of writing her? This is Pearl: bright and cheerful, but so fragile at the same time, and I love, love, love that you've delved into the consequences of GS3-5 in ways that the game didn't have time to.

3) Iris & Dahlia. If you judge a story by how well they write the most difficult characters, then this is easily the best in the fandom: well, with select others. This Iris, with her gentleness, her quiet, and her own quirks, is the most convincing POV of her I've read. Especially with regard to her perception of Dahlia Hawthorne, this is the natural continuation of her, and you've created a memorable character with what we were given in the original game.

Dahlia, too, is given a different sort of depth. I personally don't believe that the Dahlia & Iris relationship was quite like this, but while reading it, this story convinced me that maybe it was what happened.

And how can we forget the relationship between Iris & Pearl, and the implied one between Pearl & Maya? I love the way you've mirrored the two relationships, and the more vocal way Pearl plans to protect Maya vs the quiet, almost secretive one Iris used back in the day.
Arglefumph chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Aw...that was sweet. It's nice to see Iris and Pearl getting along.
Ningen Demonai chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
Ogod, this was BEAUTIFUL and heartbreaking. ;;b
JazzBox chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Aww...that was so sweet. Somehow I have the same belief system for Dahlia, maybe that's why I never hated her character. :) Iris is so nice-I bet it must have been awkward the first time she realized Pearl was her half sister.

Great story! Keep up the great work!~
KitKat411 chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Sorry, too lazy to log in. ;)

Aw. This is so sweet. I really love how you "wrote" Iris as a character-she's so strong, yet so...soft. "Romantic," almost, but not in the "lovey-dovey" romance...

...If that makes any sense.

The point is that I loved this story-and especially that you made Dahlia into a person, not just a "demoness." (I love Dahlia :D ).
Lucathia Rykatu chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
Beautiful and breathtaking.

It hasn't sunk in for me that Iris and Pearl are sisters, not until this fic. From the first line, I had an image of Iris and Dahlia hand in hand, with Dahlia leading Iris to the temple. Now, it's Iris's turn to be the big sister. The part about Iris's not having to hate because Dahlia did it for her? I can entirely imagine Iris thinking that way.

The last part about having matching strings of cranes in their rooms is utterly adorable.
Rin-neechan chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
Beautiful work. All kidding aside, it was absolutely amazing how you shed light onto Morgan and Dahlia's characters without implying that they were different in any way. Without contest, probably one of the best works I've read. Bravo.
Fredryck chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
That was a really beautiful fic. The Iris/Pearl relationship really should have been developed more during the last case. Good job...I hope to see more of your writing!
Noble White chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
Wow. Just...wow. This is an exemplary work of fiction and one of the best one-shots I've ever read on this entire site.

I hope to read more of your work.
DSL-69 chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
I'm not an emotional person, but I think I'm going to cry now anyway. Thank you for shedding such a wonderful light on a sibling relationship that, due to the lack of post GS3-canon, I never bothered to dwell upon before. A very touching tale with splendiferous imagery all around.

~DSL