Reviews for No Fluffy Bunnies
Aiselne Phoenix Nocturnus chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
There aren't enough Matthews stories online, and after reading this story, I realized he's a great (and hilarious) character. Having Matthews give Shion love advice was priceless, and I loved how perfectly you portrayed him (his "I need a drink" lines are SO him). Having this story entirely in Matthews' voice was refreshing, too, and we can easily assume Shion's whinning via the captains reactions. I'm also pleased to see this story drove home a powerful message: relationships aren't all "fluffy," and couples have to be willing to put up with the partner's problems. Reading those words from Matthews (of all people) really impressed me. For all the laughs this story provides, the story also makes the reader think. This is definately one of the more unique and insightful semi-Shion/Allen stories I've found.
Langobalt chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
I thoroughly enjoyed that. Not hearing Shion's whining really helped. While I've never felt strongly either way about Matthews, this was pretty damn fun. Yes, they are nutjobs.
stitchedmoon chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
Wow, what a great concept! I must say, I haven't read many stories featuring Captain Matthews as the narrator, and you've managed to capture both his voice and his perspective on the situation, which I'd imagine is not very easy to do.

I'm also really impressed with your portrayal of Shion and Allen's relationship. I think you did an excellent job exposing some of the major flaws in it, plus it's always refreshing to read a fic about a romantic pairing that isn't made of fluff and sugarcoating (or sugarcoated fluff :3).

I really enjoyed reading this. As always, your writing is amazing!
Albedos Angelic Grace chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
I"m to lazy to actaully log in...anyway, i like it/ I just want to know what Shion said, cuz i can kind of make it out bvased on what matthews said...

~AAG
chibisamalove chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
Now you had to know I was going to review this! Anyway, I absolutely love hearing Matthews' voice in this fic. Everything in it is so him, right down to the exasperation you can hear in every word he's saying. Like all he wants to do is smack Shion upside the head for being such a dope. XD

And yes, the Jr. and Shelley references make me all giddy and happy. Sue me! Still, in the end, Matthews told it to Shion straight, and we all know that she needs that a whole lot of the time...