Reviews for Body of Work
Cutter12 chapter 2 . 4/29/2013
A wonderfully heartwarming and life affirming story. It had me feeling all giddy and warm inside. Also, your explanation on how you came to the conclusion on how many cases Don has been involved with, definitely made me laugh. :D
ym4yum1 chapter 2 . 6/5/2012
I usually read a lot at night, and then I go back to read and make a review (cause I need time and peace to think and write in English! lol).

But this one I just finished. This is so perfect in so many levels... one worried about the other! Proud Don... "None of them can do what you do, buddy, and they probably feel smarter, just by association. I know I do. It's not everyday I get to be a part of that, Charlie. I'd really like to go." Assertive Charlie "You do make a difference, Don."

And if wasn't enough, you got me with the numbers! I'm a helpless geek! "Numbers, Don. It's what I do. It's what I am." Not complaining!

Thanks my dear, all these numbers make me so happy!

xxoo Mari
writer with sprite chapter 2 . 9/25/2011
Well, after you reviewed both of my stories, I wanted to review one of yours. I hadn't read this one yet so I decided to read it. Let me just say very well done, and it is nice to know I am not the only one who isn't Liz's biggest fan. I can really relate to the Don you have in your story - the Don who is not quite sure of himself. It's comforting to know I am not the only one without a constant, huge ego; so thanks for the post. I am on my tablet and cannot really log in, but you know who to reply too. Loved it! Hope to see you post more soon. Or to se you coauthor...
Cissyaliza chapter 2 . 4/3/2011
Just another good fic. I like very much to remember some characters of Don's investigations... As you, I set Don's birthday in 1970 so I'm agree with this.

And you always succeed to show how much they love each others.

It's the third fics of you I read this evening. But I'm decided to read each of your stories next days.
Lozzimal chapter 2 . 8/26/2010
Fab work of fiction, not 'just' a work of fiction. I loved it, especially Don's plaque. He's very under appreciated in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing

lozza
CD57 chapter 2 . 6/2/2009
oh that was a wonderful story. Loved the surprise party, loved how they arranged that for Don... Great job!
EmptySky chapter 2 . 5/24/2009
It does sound like a rough time the family went through, together with Don. I’m aware how bad an infection can be, so I found it very easy to understand and follow everything. And from the way I understand Don’s character on the show, and from the comment in your story, I can just see how tough and exhausting everything must have been for our favorite agent. Charlie’s even willing to give up something of importance to him for the sake of someone else (just like he did on the show when he gave away the tickets to Larry to go with his father to that one birthday party), that’s so sweet. Picturing Ian Edgerton with an apron made my day, thank you very much for the visual. The party for Don was such a nice idea; I can really see him overwhelmed and happy. After such a devastating event happening to him, with Colby on top of his injury, I can see that him being shown all the good he did can make him happy again, and bring everything back in focus. Don’s way of repaying them was cute, and I had a good laugh at the end again. I like how much work you put into thinking about everything you needed to make this a good story, with calculations about the age and all cases and everything else. This story sums up some important moments from the previous 3 seasons perfectly. Apart from some minor spelling mistakes: Good job.
epalladino chapter 2 . 4/25/2009
Wonderful story. You work a lot of angst and character development into a relatively short narrative. All the characters were perfect and I love how you worked that little moment of Colby Granger checking out how Don was doing. That really was a great moment in your story that nicely anticipated the fourth season opening story.

My only teensy quibble is that you have the several misspelled words. The most common error is that you have the word 'surly' where you really wanted 'surely'. 'Surly' is a valid word in English, but means something very different than what you intended, even if it is true that Don can be a bit 'surly' when he is unwell.

Thanks for the fun read, Beth
capjack54 chapter 2 . 7/21/2008
And a most excellent work of fiction it is. Long live NUMB3RS, and long live Special Agent Donnie Eppes!
Lisa Paris chapter 2 . 4/2/2008
Ms GC -

I just found this in someone's favs list, and realise why I missed it first time around - I was on holiday in Arizona. Just wanted you to know I love it. Hurt Don, and warm fuzzy feelings all over the place, what better combination could there be?

I thought the way you wove the cannon in was very well done, and the bbq at the end had me laughing and wanting to cry in turns. Edgerton with a 'kiss the cook' apron . . .

I wholeheartedly agree with your summary of Don as independent but by no means a loner. Great story!
Numb3rsR3b3l chapter 2 . 10/19/2007
OMG you put so much work into the research for this story! This was a great story, it's really refreshing to see Don get the thanks he deserves. It was also great to see all of the characters from all of the episodes come back together. Plus it was so sweet of Don to send Charlie and Alan on a cruise with their ladies. (Now if I could only get Amita out of the way and slip onto that ship HA HA HA!)

PS I also do not particularly care for Liz.

GREAT JOB
Numb3rsR3b3l chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
This is really a good story. Alan's encouragement to Don is wonderful. I can picturing him saying that. You did a great job with that scene.
celadon chapter 2 . 10/2/2007
This was beautiful. And you're right about Don's birth year - they refer to it again in the episode "Protest". Generally speaking, I think it's safe to go with the character creators over the prop guy in a hurry, and Terry Lake mentions in one episode that she has known Don about ten years (they met at Quantico), so I'd say you're right on there, too.

Anyway, thank you for a lovely story. It was nice to see Mr. "all guts, no glory" get a little glory, whether he's comfortable with it or not. We all need to be reminded that we make a difference.
1st endeavor chapter 2 . 9/26/2007
I loved the way they all got together to show Don how important his life's work was. It was a great story.

I was wondering if there was a chance that we might get to read about Alan finally getting that portrait done. That has become one of my favorite stories.
newgal chapter 2 . 9/24/2007
I really enjoyed this chapter and the surprise party esp. Ian in an apron. Great job. Strong emotions.