Reviews for Drunk as Skunks
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 2 . 7/18/2010
I dunno why I got this impression this one must have been one of the earlier stories written. Then I remember Jane didn’t show up until much later and got to think that back and forth again. At any rate, it was nice and entertaining. And it made me learn a few things about alcohol poisoning.

Personally, I don’t think Shego’s preferred way of dealing with the issue is bad. Well, it’s what my father tried with my brother and me, although it didn’t influence much. (I, personally, never liked the taste of alcohol, my brother… well, I’ve had to go pick him drunk at six in the morning.) At any rate, I’ve known that forbidding something from someone is most likely to drive that person further to get that forbidden something, so… well, this at least seems like a reasonable attitude to take.

Boy, are the twins in for some pain…

Yours, “Designated Driver” Alexander/Alexlayer

Bye!
RedBlueGreen chapter 2 . 7/4/2008
Quite a situation to deal with. The trials of parenthood, I suppose.

I really admire your ear for dialogue, and this exchange in particular:

"And stop talking with your mouth full."

"I'm not eating anything," Jane protested.

"Well, eat something. And stop talking."

The drinking is well handled. Shego deals with the situation very well, I thought. I don't think anything was ever said about it, but I can believe Kim's family was teetotal, and I thought that Shego wouldn't drink during her villain days, needing to be sharp for her fighting and thieving.

The European model: "Let them see alcohol used with a meal instead of as an excuse to get drunk."

Here in Britain, we have that problem. One of the many headline-grabbing problems around is "Why can people on the Continent drink responsibly till three in the morning if they choose, while the British way is to drink until you collapse in a gutter or get pushed into a police van?" (Not for everyone, it should be noted.)

Ron's sister babysitting is a neat detail, and I think the ending is a neat capstone.
Wispr chapter 2 . 5/3/2008
I like how Kim and Shego differ on things and it's nice seeing them talking through stuff now. Good work.

Wispr
Wispr chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Now that was good, like how you wrote Shego's reaction.

Wispr
shinneodeus chapter 2 . 12/9/2007
Some tension on the how to raise kids. I do agree with Shego that making alcohol a prohibited in the house item wouldn't be the best of choices. Young people tend to like the forbidden "apple". If they want a taste give it to them. Although the drug analogy by Kim ain't too far from the truth either. But thats very deep waters of discussion so I won't go there.

Read you later!
Desslock3 chapter 2 . 9/30/2007
Not bad, for a start. I know you have a lot of irons in the fire but I think you can go somewhere with this one. I would like to see the twins get thier punishment, and to see Hana as the enforcer. Also liked the way Shego tweaked Kim at the end, that's Shego in true form.
aedan cameron chapter 2 . 9/29/2007
It looks like the parents have things well in hand. Kim didn't blow up like I thought she would, Shego handled her rather well. I like how Shego kept Jane from being punished for being a good kid, I have seen that done too many times. Once again Shego is the voice of reason in the relationship (IMHO). I liked the little line at the end "Hey, I need a drink..." It's just like her to make light of the situation like that. Overall, another well written and interesting chapter.
RonHeartbreaker chapter 2 . 9/27/2007
You know, dipping in and out of the BE universe is a bit tricky - as far as my reading is concerned, the twins were just born, but here they are as adolescents with another sister! However, it doesn't really matter, in a sense - the charm of your stories is in how you take these extraordinary characters, make them likeable, give them a real life, and write sparkling dialogue for them. I'm definitely enjoying this one.

best,

RH
creativetoo chapter 2 . 9/26/2007
Jane is adorable. I loved how she ratted out her sisters to Kim, while Shego was trying to get her to be quiet.

Terrific story! :)
Urban Cowboy chapter 2 . 9/25/2007
I don't think there are enough fics dealing with Kim and Shego being parents so I'm glad that you've taken up the task. Well done with this fic, I espescially like how well Shego deals with the situation, being so rational and Kim being somewhat naive. It just seems like that's how they would react in real life, er if they were real of course. Hope you update soon!
Etherelemental chapter 2 . 9/25/2007
That was amusing. Though, for a bit, I couldn't remember where Jane was from, but then I remembered that one fic where Shego was able to carry a kid. Anyway, I was amused at what they finally decided on. Especially with what price Hana negotiated with them on. _ Anyway, thanks for posting this! I really quite enjoyed it.
cpneb chapter 2 . 9/25/2007
poor Kasy and Skeji: they have an evil little sister in Jane, ice-cream profiting off their dismay.

Kim's reaction is expected, and Shego's, as well. Ideas about the concepts of teaching drinking are interesting, as Shego doesn't want to experience the same things with her kids as she learned, the hard way.

Hana: one scary kid? now, that sounds interesting...

For once, Shego was innocent:

Kim glared at her.

"I just meant a cup of green tea."

good job, but I expect that legal will rear its head more through this story; that will be interesting.

...cpneb
Pharaoh Rutin Tutin chapter 2 . 9/25/2007
I don't care what kind of super fighting skills that teenager has. One hundred dollars a week is NOT enough to face Kasey and Sheki alone. Plus it may ruin Hana's standing as an amature ninja.

Was Kim's thought process prior to the inital liquor cabinet break in something like, "If we just ignore the question of drinking around the kids, eventually they'll grow up and can deal wtih it as mature adults"? Denial is a wonderful thing.
A Markov chapter 2 . 9/25/2007
You should have left it at: "...Hey, I need a drink. You want one?"

Are you sure you don't write for Disney? Cause this is one of those "Very Special Episodes" Only it's written much better than any of the VSEs I've seen. Your usual wonderful treatment of a very sticky situation.

Alex.
mouserr2255 chapter 2 . 9/25/2007
now thats an enlightened and intelligent way to handle the alcohol issues though i have disagreements on the other topic mentioned due to a long standing hypocrisy but thats a matter for a different day

nice short story you threw together here and well handled all the way round. cant say much more than that bout it honestly