Reviews for Waiting
Awesome trooper chapter 1 . 2/16
No offense but there 2 errors in this

1- marge and the kids were at the doorframe when they discovered the sink hole so they weren't far

2- even if the were wasn't homer tied up at the moment ( literally )

3- dint they tried to escape the dome by climbing a radio tower while a hillbilly distracted E.P.A. Director loony
ezok chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
only lisa's and marge's death made me regret ever wating the simpson to be caught in the movie
Javagirl1992 chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
great story I think you did a wonderful job even if it was really sad :)
soaked velvet starlight chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
This is absolutely terrible. What kind of shallow dumbass are you? I think you've confused Homer with Peter Griffin, this is so OOC.
Jacob93 chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
I posted a review on this story a few months ago under the anonymous name "Jacob", but since I'm signed in now, I wanted to correct that.
Jacob chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
Man, that's really, REALLY harsh. But at the same time, that's definetely what would have happened if the mob suceeded in the movie. You really captured the characters well, bu there is just one thing though. Wasn't the mob really after Homer, and not the rest of the family? Remember the quote from the movie: "No we don't! We just want Homer!" Sure, the mob would have killed the family if they were blocking their way to Homer, but if Homer was wide open within their reach, they would have simply ignored the rest of the family, and ripped Homer to pieces! It's the ending that was never meant to be, but still, you did a good job at it anyway.
Sam Da H Man chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Good story save for 2 things...First the good things thought. I just love a well written "What If" Plot, and this one was indeed, send Homer down the hole right after Maggie and you have a great start up, even if in the movie he did fit through it DID take him a while, plenty of time for them to grab the rest of the Simpsons...Homer would odds are, have just given up at that point and surrendered.

Now, as I said though there were 2 things wrong.

1) If hanging is done right Bart should not have been able to build up a tolerancy due to being choked by homer all those years as the way a hanging is supposed to kill somebody is the quick "SNAP" action that occurs as it starts is supposed to snap their neck.

2) During the Bomb scene many Springfeildians tried to escape Springfeild by climbing the rope in the movie, in the fanfic they just gave up hope...while it is beliviable (espcially through Kent's reports) that Springfield would undergo a state of Martial Law, it is hard to belive that unless there was something stopping them, some Springfeilders wouldn't have tried the same trick.

But that's just a mega fan nitpicking. As I said, great fanfic.
Ultimate Fan chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
Terribly sad. Nice work, even if it's tragic.
sodapop765 chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
Could have been longer.
Somebody on the Street chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
Wonderful piece! I love the Simpsons and the Simpsons Movie,a nd this was a great - though sad - twist. Though, you got the characters down perfectly, which can prove difficult at times! Awesome work!
Mrs Snowball chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
It's pretty dark, but then again, I like dark stories so that's not a problem. It's also very well-written.