Reviews for Room and Pillar
young dawn chapter 1 . 8/1
I love how you breathed life into a one-line character and made her your own. It was good to get a glimpse of the woman Barret loved and the would-be mother of his children. Their difficulty conceiving and Barret's love for the youngins were a nice touch, leading up to the terrible twist at the end. Well done.
Jenmoon1 chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
wonderful story
SingleStone chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
This breathed so much life into the Barret/Myrna relationship the game was lacking in. I loved the little details of the story, how Barret felt so much pride the first time he held Marlene, how Myrna tried so hard to get pregnant and how she was a midwife. This was too lovely. I can't wait to read more of your works.
Arisa K chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
This was absolutely beautiful. In a small story you gave life to a character only mentioned and made the reader fall in love with her only to lose her so quickly. Love. It.
MidniteRaine chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Amazing story. I loved it. It's a shame there aren't many stories centered around Barret and/or his family so I'm glad you wrote this.
adf789gtbypsad chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
The Ballad of John Henry? How perfect for this story.

I love Myrna's unalloyed strength here. The ending gave me chills.
Moiranne Rose chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Hey there!

When my friend T. Costa told me that this one should have won Best Short Fic, I didn't think of it much. But now, -now-, that I've read it and loved it and teared up, this is a beautiful story that deserves everything it got and everything it didn't, because it's just that compelling. I especially love the way you showed Myrna's character to us, molding her out of the shapeless clay of "Barret's wife" into a lady with character, love and loyalty making equal parts of her.

This is a piece to be proud of and one that I will cherish forever and ever and ever on my favourites list because it's just that good.

Reward yourself, right now. You deserve it.

Love and Cookies,

The Genesis Awards chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
I am extraordinarily pleased to inform you that your story, Room and Pillar, has been nominated for The Genesis Awards Best Short Fic Category. The Genesis Awards exists to reward the authors of FFVII fanfiction that show a certain standard of grammar and formatting, relevance to canon and characterization. Your story was nominated by Pied Flycatcher and passed to the judging rounds because of the quality your story possesses. On April 15th, the Shortlisting for the Genesis Awards will take place, and on June 15th the final results will be tallied and posted.

If you have any questions or comments, please visit our Fan Fiction Net Profile or The Genesis Awards forum.

Congratulations, and good luck.

Best Regards,

Sai, Co-Admin of The Genesis Awards
The Lovely Green Terrene chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
This was simply wonderful. It flowed so well and gave me such a vivid view of the characters, settings and so much more. Amazing!
GoldenShinyWireOfHope chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
I found your story really difficult to read for two reasons, firstly because I've experienced miscarriage and infertility myself, and secondly because of the tragedy of Myrna's death at the end. However, both were really well handled. I don't know if you've ever struggled with infertility yourself, but I felt that your description of some of the feelings that go along with it were very realistic. Myrna's stalwart nature provided an great counterbalance to the sadness of the story and I found her attitude personally inspiring. "Worrying didn't get nothin' done that hoping couldn't do just as easily". I think I will remember that for a long time.

I also loved the realistic touch that came from the language that you used. The gruff tones really strengthened the characterisation and your use of similies that linked to mining really made me feel like I was there in Corel. It was nice that you focused on Myrna as well because so little is known about her and it's nice to see events from the game from a fresh perspective. I won't favorite, because if I read this again I'll probably cry, but I really do like this story.
NRGburst chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
This was very well-written, an interesting look at how life would have been in a coal town like Corel. Character voices were really solid, and your choice of imagery, as always, was wonderful. I also loved your attention to detail- the trickle of black spit upon death, the actual reference to a mining system in the title.

Well worth the nomination. :)
TheTragicFlaw chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
i reviewed one of your other fics, and I must say that you are probably the best, all-around good writer on this site. Keep it up!

I also love how you write about the couples that are most probable. I love the older couples (CidxShera, BarretxMirna, etc...)
Pied Flycatcher chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
Such vivid imagery. The atmosphere of Corel feels so real and gritty. It's even more tragic to think that when she died, her child died with her. You've given a lot of depth to an unknown character. Kudos for that.
lunatic fringe chapter 1 . 3/10/2008

Just... wow. sjkfdhkjdf THERE ARE NO WORDS. It's, like, perfect. And it's just so sad that she was pregnant when she died.

w-well done. ;-;
Rinas chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
Beautiful. Something that glorifies some of the lesser characters in FFVII's cast. Definitely one of the better stories on the site.