Reviews for Thirteen Shades of Green
riverrat1 chapter 1 . 8/17
What an amazing story. I couldn't quit reading after I started and my night was a little shorter than I wanted it to be.
I love your style of writing.
AshenMoon42 chapter 1 . 12/26/2018
Oh, that's beautiful. The colour threads through the whole piece, holding it together brilliantly. Severus' thoughts are so achingly real, his pain so intimate. Other than a few mistakes with commas (you might want to check through that if you're reading this), it had great SPaG, and the writing style itself was almost wistful. Brilliant writing - I think the red thing with James would be a great companion piece.
thelittlepandagirl chapter 1 . 2/24/2017
Very nice
Mara chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
Beautiful. Thank you.
illuminationx3 chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
This actually made me cry o: amazing job!
sparklyscrunchies chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
Very well-written story. There are a lot of touching and heartbreaking moments. I think you do a good job of portraying Snape: we see some of his good qualities, but he's not romanticized like he is in some fics. We can definitely see how very dark he can be, and although it's sickening, I think it's a realistic presentation of his character.

The story does have several typos, which pulled me out of the story when I came across them. If you have the time or the inclination, you may want to go back and fix those. I also thought it was contradictory how, at the beginning, it says that Lily's eyes were the first thing he'd noticed about her, but then a few paragraphs later, it says that when he first saw her, the only thing he noted was that she was a Muggle and her hair was an odd color. But overall, it was a beautiful, tragic story, and it was well-written. Thank you for sharing!
exogenesissymph chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
This is amazing. I always find myself favoring Severus because I honestly hate the way James Potter 'stole' Lily. I think the fandom of Severus and Lily is a comfortable little corner where I could read and cry. And your story is wonderful because its vivid descriptions landed me in a green forest, a green castle, and a green world where I could feel Severus's pain, and I think, what are my sorrows compared to this man's?
I thank you for giving us this wonderful masterpiece.
Sapharya chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
OH GOD FEELS. Please excuse me while I go melt into painful feels. I'm going to recommend this to all of my friends, so they can understand how I ship Severus and Lily. OH MY GOD THE FEELS ARE KILLING ME.
xshedreamsinredx chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
That was beautiful and applause worthy. Crying so badly that I look like a zombie out of some c-list horror movie.
Joutsenet chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Really touching... One of the best stories I've ever read. Five stars from me!
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
This is beautiful and really moving. It's so unique, unlike anything else I've read on here. In a way it's like an English essay, picking up on one theme and writing about all the examples - but it reads like a story, and is so vibrant with a life of its own, that it is so much more. I love how you've used all the different greens to mark key points in Severus' life. To show how Lily is in EVERY part of his life. And how his love for her makes everything is less terrifying. You do write so wonderfully well, I hope you know.
RunningForward chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
This is just... Beautiful.

There are really no other words to describe it.
artloife chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Goodness. *crying*
Ujjy chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Amazing. I am crying, and hurting, and knowing his love, and it makes me wonder why she chose James. Thank you for the power to believe. I am 14 and no longer commiting suicide.
SnowWhiteQuill chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
This was beautiful. So utterly beautiful and so utterly poignant I cried until I couldn't breathe anymore.

After reading "The Prnce's Tale" in DH I started looking for a story that would incoporate the idea of the color green being a motif, and everything you make green represent here makes sense. It's so interesting that you emphasize the fact that Lily "Broke Free" using Avada Kedavra while Snape was one of the only characters in the book to die without the killing curse. Your writing was gorgeous. Please keep on writing! D