Reviews for Thirteen Shades of Green
Mara chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
Beautiful. Thank you.
illuminationx3 chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
This actually made me cry o: amazing job!
sparklyscrunchies chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
Very well-written story. There are a lot of touching and heartbreaking moments. I think you do a good job of portraying Snape: we see some of his good qualities, but he's not romanticized like he is in some fics. We can definitely see how very dark he can be, and although it's sickening, I think it's a realistic presentation of his character.

The story does have several typos, which pulled me out of the story when I came across them. If you have the time or the inclination, you may want to go back and fix those. I also thought it was contradictory how, at the beginning, it says that Lily's eyes were the first thing he'd noticed about her, but then a few paragraphs later, it says that when he first saw her, the only thing he noted was that she was a Muggle and her hair was an odd color. But overall, it was a beautiful, tragic story, and it was well-written. Thank you for sharing!
exogenesissymph chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
This is amazing. I always find myself favoring Severus because I honestly hate the way James Potter 'stole' Lily. I think the fandom of Severus and Lily is a comfortable little corner where I could read and cry. And your story is wonderful because its vivid descriptions landed me in a green forest, a green castle, and a green world where I could feel Severus's pain, and I think, what are my sorrows compared to this man's?
I thank you for giving us this wonderful masterpiece.
Sapharya chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
OH GOD FEELS. Please excuse me while I go melt into painful feels. I'm going to recommend this to all of my friends, so they can understand how I ship Severus and Lily. OH MY GOD THE FEELS ARE KILLING ME.
xshedreamsinredx chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
That was beautiful and applause worthy. Crying so badly that I look like a zombie out of some c-list horror movie.
Pinkypink342 chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Really touching... One of the best stories I've ever read. Five stars from me!
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
This is beautiful and really moving. It's so unique, unlike anything else I've read on here. In a way it's like an English essay, picking up on one theme and writing about all the examples - but it reads like a story, and is so vibrant with a life of its own, that it is so much more. I love how you've used all the different greens to mark key points in Severus' life. To show how Lily is in EVERY part of his life. And how his love for her makes everything is less terrifying. You do write so wonderfully well, I hope you know.
RunningForward chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
This is just... Beautiful.

There are really no other words to describe it.
Lady of the Hunt chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Goodness. *crying*
Ujjy chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Amazing. I am crying, and hurting, and knowing his love, and it makes me wonder why she chose James. Thank you for the power to believe. I am 14 and no longer commiting suicide.
SnowWhiteQuill chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
This was beautiful. So utterly beautiful and so utterly poignant I cried until I couldn't breathe anymore.

After reading "The Prnce's Tale" in DH I started looking for a story that would incoporate the idea of the color green being a motif, and everything you make green represent here makes sense. It's so interesting that you emphasize the fact that Lily "Broke Free" using Avada Kedavra while Snape was one of the only characters in the book to die without the killing curse. Your writing was gorgeous. Please keep on writing! D
Damii chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
This story is amazing. I don't know what else to say. Snape is one of my favourite characters, and your story shows him as I imagined he would be. It's great!
VestriVerum chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Beautifully written.

Absolutely stunning.

Simply marvelous.

I'm not throwing these words around as if they're nothing. This story is beautiful.
Toccata chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
I almost cried while I read this. Considering that I haven't been really into Harry Potter for about what...three, four years now? That's saying a lot.

Now, normally I try to be thorough when I review. But every so often I find something that leaves me almost speechless. I'm not sure where to begin. I could start with the poetry, which goes deeper than the repetition of "wasn't so terrifying"-though that was beautiful. However, your imagery throughout (especially when combined with some of the most amazing characterization I've seen in a long time) really makes this piece. The dance, the swings, the scene by the lake, and oh god the funeral! The fact that you've got such wonderful scenes and such horribly tragic scenes all interconnected makes them...extraordinary. Extremely powerful, and truly heartbreaking. A double thumbs up from me.