Reviews for The 'D' Word
Keko-the-Hybrid chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
I think I've come back to this story about 4 times now. I really like the emotion you portrayed in this one without being too mushy. Got to be one of my favourite one shots.
oreoanime11 chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Awwww that was sweettt! I didnt like the ending of TOS either when Kratos left T.T
DarkFlame Alchemist chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
another good one-shot! I really hated that scene too when Kratos left also...
Link Fangirl01 chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
I hate that part too. Hate hate HATE it.

Loved the oneshot though. Very much. _ I also love how Presea kept track of how many times Lloyd almost called Kratos "Dad". *snicker* It's so like her to do that.

Actually, I thought all the characters were spot on. Props to you!
FifthDayOfMay chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
-faints from the sheer oyako sweetness radiating from this story- Oh lord that was socute and touching! I squealed when Lloud finally called him dad!
Glittering Rain chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
A UGH!

I THINK KRATOS SHOULD HAVE STAYED TOO!

SUCH A NICE LIFE LLOYD WOULD LIVE!

AND MAYBE RATATOSK AND ALL THAT OTHER CRAP WOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED IF KRATOS WOULD HAVE STAYED TO PROTECT HIM!

Gah! T_T darn my oyako senses...
Rebel-Angel6 chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
Yeah, I never really got why Kratos didn't stay with his son...

WHY! XO

Good fic, by the way.
Miss Mingxi chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
:]

that was a really sweet fanfic _

it was quite touching
dragonphoenixdemon chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
:D hey, I really liked this. I think it'd be great if you added a little more detail, because then you could describe their expressions or their surroundings.

:) You've inspired me to write! XD I love KratosxLloyd fics that are like this. I just really enjoy their relationship D it's so sweet.

and I agree- KRATOS, YOU SHOULD'VE STAYED WITH LLOYD. ;_; -cries- IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER THAT WAY. XD

~cya around

dragonphoenixdemon
Shiankumo Bani chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
"hes your old old old old old old OLD man but its the same thing"

XD I loved i loved when he finally said dad - but and i also loved SHINING BIND!THAT MOVE KICKS BUTT!YEAH!
coffeemuffinrolls chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
Haha, that was cute. I loved how Lloyd was struggling to say the word in the game too, that was adorable. Good job!
gg chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
Kratos should have stayed, or at least said it was possible to come back. It rather stinketh. I think a sequal should be created.
Holy Spork chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
I’m sorry that this review is super late, but it’s super long, so I hope that makes up for the lateness.

I think this is one of your best stories overall, and probably your best oneshot. Here’s why:

One of the flaws of your writing is that you tend to go to extremes: extreme violence, extreme angst, or extreme humor/crack. These things have their place, but they are also very easily overdone. Here, you have elements of all three, but they are in balance and in moderation. The violence isn’t excessive, the angst has punch, and the humor is funny. ("Well, technically he's your old old old old old old old old OLD man, but hey, same thing." I loved that line. XD)

One of the things you’re really good at is emotion, how the characters feel. Particularly, Lloyd more or less admitting to himself that he, at some level, agreed with the illusion-Lloyd. Something that bothers me with some oyako fics is that they tend to be a little too mushy. Kratos *did* betray Lloyd after all, but that doesn’t mean there can’t be forgiveness and love. You portrayed Lloyd’s struggles with his feelings about Kratos very well, admitting that there was some resentment, but he still cared deeply and sincerely for his father. It was really a beautiful scene. (A side note: In that particular scene, with the illusions, Sheena’s and Zelos’ trials were a little distracting, but since Lloyd focused on Kratos and his trial, that wasn’t as much of a problem as it could have been.)

The last nitpicky thing: sometimes you rushed transitions from scene to scene. For example, when you go from the party wandering Derrish-Kharlan to Lloyd searching Welgaia for his friends, you completely skip over the intermediate scene where the others are sucked into the Derris Emblem thingie. You could have smoothed that out a little by adding that scene (even if the scene was brief, it could have worked). Same thing when Kratos, Sheena, and Zelos escape from the Derris Emblem. You kind of rushed the bit at the end by saying that they all agreed to not run away anymore, and that was it.

Everyone is pretty much in character, which is always very important. There are a few spelling/grammar errors (When Mithos says “...stumble through darkness and pain for the rest of internity” I think you mean, “the rest of eternity.”) but I’m willing to forgive those because the overall quality of this story is very good. I really love this story, and I wish I was as good as you at writing oyako stuff.

And I agree about both author’s notes. I get kinda depressed over the stupid things that happen all the time too. And I wish Kratos hadn’t left at the end of the game. I understand his reasons, but GODDESS DAMN YOU! YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED AND GOTTEN SOME THERAPY OR SOMETHING! (-cries self to sleep-)

Good work, and good luck with all of your future stuff!
CommodoreZelda13 chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
that was GREAT! so emotional... all the father-son fluff... AMAZING! I LOVE IT! INSTANTLY becomes one of my favorites!
lloyd-forever chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Only one word is needed... ok two :P KAWAI ...and... SQUE *freaks and squirms till she passes out from the cuteness*