Reviews for This Way Up
katydidit chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Oh, wow. Wow, wow, wow. It's hard to find something else to say about this story, I loved it so much. I love that it looks at Sara after her ordeal in the desert without turning her into a scarred, weeping, terrified shell of her former self. That's not Sara. I mean, of course something like that will absolutely leave scars, and you've captured them while remaining pretty darn in-character. I love that it ends on a hopeful note without being cheesy. The tone and pacing of this story is brilliant, and it was a really refreshing read, if that makes sense? (Oh goodness! I see now just how old the story is! Well, thanks for writing it, anyway: I'm glad that I've stumbled across it!)
ckofshadows chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
how is it possible that i never reviewed this?

you have a knack - which i envy - of combining seemingly unrelated things and weaving them together seamlessly. i wish i could do that. like with this story, it starts out with a refrigerator and shifts to dreams and fear of water but it keeps coming back to the home base of the refrigerator, and i just wish i could do that. but i can't. so lucky i have you to read.
chiops chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
Another great story, and your writing style conveys the panic and uneasiness Sara feels towards water. And I loved the quote from Calvin and Hobbes.

Thanks a lot!
angsty chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
Another great story, with thoroughly believable dialogue as usual. Please keep writing; I look forward to seeing the "fan fiction author alert" notice arrive in my inbox signaling another gem from you.
lamcsi chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
I really enjoyed this story. I've always wondered what certain dreams meant. Write on.
xxakp chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
beautiful (:

great job!
gsr4ever chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
Excellent job as always. I really liked this fic.
Grissom1 chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
I liked the story! Yep, I think Sara will be found alive or at least she had better. I dont plan to watch it if Sara dies.
LouAnn chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
This was a wonderful story. I loved it. Great job.
WalkerTRngr chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
I loved it!
Nickye4 chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
Great story, beautifully written.
ayesha-s chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
great story!
hilimom chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
Sorry I don't venture from lurkdom more often and review, but once again you've done an outstanding job! Your stories just have a certain style without using superfluous explanations. Grissom and Sarah have such normal conversations, it's like what they say about the inevitability of great music, each sentence naturally follows the one before it.

btw, I like the author quotes on your profile page. Here is another, not quite so optimistic attributed to an author I love:

"Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead." -Gene Fowler
jbr12476 chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
Seriously, you amaze me with your writings and how I can imagine everything that happens in your works. Another Awesome Story!
Inherently Flawed chapter 1 . 9/23/2007