Reviews for VOYAGER: Welcome Home, Commander
Doc Yewll chapter 1 . 6/8
eitcha! Ela deixou o menino em uma situação difícil, ela deu o sinal, Agora ele quem decide ...
Kerry J chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Oh, that was good! I loved the melancholy tone to it very much. But of course there's a voice in my head screaming: "What now?" I've decided that that kiss told Chakotay everything he needs to know to change his mind about who he wants to be with. :-)
onoudint chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
I loved the line, "Then, as quick as thought, as was her way, Kathryn Janeway made her decision."

For some reason that just strikes me as a perfect description of the captain. Great take on this often done scene from Endgame. I wish there was more!
LoZDCMVGfan chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
I was sad at the ending- but it seems that the story is a tad unfinished- what happens next? Does she avoid Chakotay at the party? Does she even go? sorry for the questions but it was a bittersweet story- sweet because she kissed him, bitter because he didn't return the kiss and they parted.
DianeB chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
You should not have doubted your ability. This is fine work for a first attempt. And you should also not worry that it's been "done before," because everyone's take is different.

Yours is full of wonderful imagery and good descriptive narrative. (I particularly liked the ocean surf analogy.) The only thing you did was hop back and forth between points of view, which is a little confusing to read in such a short story. But since it was just Janeway and Chakotay, it was easy to see whose pov was whose.

In any case, well done.
Erudit chapter 1 . 6/14/2008

I really like this. Have you ever thought of continuing?
xffan-2000 chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
Amazing story! Utterly heartbreaking. In-character for them. I hope you continue with more Voyager fics. Excellent job.
TabbyKit chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
I would love to read more, though I don't know quite where you would take the story from here!
Keronshara chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
You can't end it there. I want to know if Chakotay does something now that Kathryn made her feelings known.

Stupid authors who leave their readers hanging & have the gall to say the story is finished.

quantumsilver chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
"FINI"? Oh, no, no, no. I don't think so.

You are a writer, and I think you know it. Don't insult yourself, or us, by saying you aren't. That ending was crushing. The story, yes, done before, isn't usually done quite so well. I'd intended to skim over this, to say I'd 'read it', and was sucked in before I could even defend myself. The ocean reference, early on, was lovely. The uncertainty at the end was painfully Paramount, and therefore exactly in line with the characters. Janeway's behavior at the end was exactly as we'd expect, with her pulling together at the last minute before entering the bridge.

"Don't worry, Chakotay. The captain knows her duty." - You nearly killed me with that line. So heartbreaking.

Ok, this one aside, go sit down and get to work on 'not writing' (or whatever it is that you call it) the next one!

I can't wait! (Maybe something less sad? :P)
theshipperlogs chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
If did a great job with this scene.
Sapphyre Blu chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
Aww, so sad and touching at the same time. Great story :)
stampensue chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
WOW, WOW, WOW!GOOD FOR HER. and good for you for telling

such a great story. I hope this isn't your last attempt at fiction and we see more in the NEAR future.
Somei Yoshino chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
Wow great tension, great moment. I loved : ""Don't worry, Chakotay. The captain knows her duty.""

But Im going to beg you to do a brief sequal. It can't end there! That's so sad... Ok it can end there and its still awesome as it is... but think of all the happy readers if there's a sequal ;)
Singing Violin chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
Oh, how bittersweet! Well written, especially if this is your first try!

Just one thing: could you please change it so the whole thing isn't in bold? (Plaintext is fine; header can be in bold if you want.) It's a little jarring to read that way.