Reviews for Rest In Pieces
Guest chapter 31 . 6/17/2017
I loved it and will be hoping for more.
LaCoquette chapter 31 . 12/22/2012
I feel so fortunate to have stumbled upon this gem, and I can't believe It took me so long to read it. A refreshing and cathartic take on a character often treated with disgust and abhorrence. It has been a deep longing of mine to portray the villains of Yu Yu Hakusho in a more sympathetic light, to espouse the little goodness and frailty in them whether demon or human Yet somehow I always balked from the idea since I was afraid of them becoming ridiculously out of character and so I hoped that someone else would do it and here it is by chance while studying for my finals I stumbled upon your fic and after losing my battle with temptation I plunged head on and found myself finishing the story with a light heart and a huge smile. Simply stunning and beautiful while at times poignantly heartbreaking.

If the younger Toguro, Yomi, Sensui, and the other villains in the show were able to be portrayed as complex beings whose actions were not truly based on evil intent then why not aniki? Is it not that nothing is permanent but change, Why then can these characters not grow? Surely this character deserves more than to be just labeled as the creepy, perverse, vertically challenged, older brother of the younger toguro? and this you succeeded in magnificently all the while keeping them in character and never once avoiding their imperfections and quirks. You breathed in them such vigor and life that they seemed so real as if they truly existed, artfully excavating the scarred yet beautiful soul buried beneath layers of caked blood, rotting flesh, and pus festering wounds.

My favorite chapter was the Makai tournament and when Ani said they lost because Kuwabara wasn't with them, Sunglasses and Mr. fluffykins touched me the most and I loved the showdown between Ani and the self-righteous kurama, despite being a huge fan of the gorgeous redhead I couldn't help but mutter to my self “Hah! Take that you baka kitsune!” and cheer ani. To be honest I was hoping for an ani/ kuwabara romance, I couldn't help it you just made the elder Toguro into such an awesome character! No longer will I shudder with disgust every time I see him in the anime rather I’ll simply smile to myself as I remember your story and imagine the scenes in it as a sequel to canon

Thank you for loving kuwabara and ani, characters that are often maligned or disregarded especially the latter, I hope that others may follow suit and be inspired by you to look beyond canon and take the artistic creativity to look deeper into the characters, to give them a past and a future beyond the dark present of the anime series they are bound to.
devillish angel chapter 31 . 6/28/2012
phenomenal job.
EmperorSpark chapter 31 . 12/12/2011
I liked this, a lot. Kuwabara's my favorite character, and I'll admit to Ani being my favorite villain, and I like how you gave them somewhat of a normal friendship without pushing the bounds of believable canon. It was really entertaining to read
shasha chapter 31 . 10/4/2011
This was certainly interesting. I don't know if I can buy the whole 'Elder Toguro coming back and befriending Kuwabara' thing, but this definitely one of the more original stories I've read lately. It helps that this was well written and in-character, that makes any plot go down much easier. I especially liked your chapter with Hiei confronting Toguro, it was SO like him to strike first and ask questions later (if at all). And I smiled at his, "You WILL take care of the oaf."

Contrary to popular belief, Hiei does not hate Kuwabara, and I'd like to think he's at least somewhat protective of him like the others.

Anyway, thanks for the story, I enjoyed it.
Mr. Khorne chapter 31 . 8/29/2011
great story this could you do kurama's confession to kuwa some time
loser by choice chapter 31 . 4/7/2009
Nice ending for this. He finally let go of his past. Yay for the futer!
loser by choice chapter 29 . 4/7/2009
OMG lyke they totally wouldn’t DO that!

Sorry. I sometimes feel the need to do the opposite of what people tell me just to annoy them. XD

You made the whole conversation beleivable. Something I've been trying to to for my fanfic, and absolutly cannot do at the moment. Can't wait to read the rest of this, and the sequal. Much love, Much respect, LoserBC
loser by choice chapter 10 . 4/6/2009
There was an ad for sunglasses under the story when I read this... I'm not kidding. Creepy ads.
loser by choice chapter 4 . 4/6/2009
Yay spider/Ani is right. D'you think I could use this plothole for my fanfic? I try and try to think of a good explination for how he got out but it never led anywhere. I'm unimaginative when I've been riddled with major writers block. I get writing good for a few lines, then blank. You are made of epic win. I can't beilive I didn't find this story sooner. I love your writing, I guess I just missed it whilst scrolling through your other stories.
loretta537 chapter 31 . 1/19/2009
this was a good story
Killingmemory chapter 31 . 5/16/2008
amazing story! You owned :)
Celelorien chapter 31 . 5/12/2008
yay for not-dead-yet parties! :D though the stuff about Genkai makes me a tad nervous. :0 i love the descriptions of Yusuke being a punk and hiding out from Keiko (though honestly, who wouldn't?) and of Hiei molesting the punch bowl. XD too funny! the thought of a maybe-sequel is full of yay-ness! :D but even if you don't, an excellent end to a fantastic series of vignettes. looved it! :3
Katzchen chapter 31 . 5/11/2008
I loved the story. And the last sentence was simply the best. Congratulations!
Shisoukengo chapter 31 . 5/7/2008
A great end to an otherwise great story. I have to agree that the statement at the end was very appropriate. And despite the adversity I had to the odd pairing you came up with toward the end, there are still elements of this story that did inspire me. Keep your eyes on Poltergeist Report 2: The Untold Saga. I think you'll like what you see, being a fellow Kuwabara-fan and all.