Reviews for Crotalus
sentarla chapter 14 . 1/24/2008
wow, I could have sworn it was based on house, it sounds just like him. Hmm another person who is like house in real life, that is just scary. Poor Sammy, dean is going to give it to him now.

thanks!
Ognonamis chapter 14 . 1/22/2008
Again...i absolutlely love it. love how much detail is in it. im sure glad that Sam is alive and well.

cant wait to read more soon. i'll definitly be looking foreward to an update soon. :)
snfan chapter 14 . 1/21/2008
Hi deanna well first and formost im so sorry to hear about the appen attack. I cant believe you wrote this outstanding chapter while you are not feeling well.I sure hope that you have a fast recovery and i send you a big healing update is fantastic i love the tension notching up again with the poss of Sam losing his arm, o what a story that wpould make and the colt deal, wow i geting the happy feeling thats ther is lots of story to come take it so and easy and i hope your not in too much pain,o and hears another hug "hug"
PaulaXan chapter 14 . 1/21/2008
Well I wanted to kill that damn surgeon. But I feel better knowing he's the best. :o

I'm glad Sam is getting better and Bobby is there him and Dean.

I hope you post more soon!

Paulaxan
twinchaosblade chapter 14 . 1/21/2008
First of all, thank you very much for updating under these conditions. I hope you get better soon!

With this chapter you really took my breath away! It was well-written and extremely heart-wrenching. Knowing how the Winchesters are everything but sissies and the really cruel behaviour of the surgeon when telling Sammy, broke my heart and I wanted to punch Hartzell right through the monitor screen. The angst factor of this revelation is stunning. I'm so chewing my fingernails off while waiting for the update.

I also really liked the way you wrote Bobby. With him, the two brothers have really found their match when it comes to tricks and surprises. I just loved that Bobby checked Dean into the motel room next door to himself! That's so absolutely like Bobby! He won't let the boys get the better of him and seems always one step ahead.

The other mystery of the story in the magazine is also very intriguing. And I very much enjoyed how fast Sam caught the scent of something not being right with Bobby. No matter how injured he is, he always cares more about what's wrong with everybody around him. I bet he won't take 'no' for an answer and dig into the secret himself.

Your characterizations and descriptions are as always spot-on! You write the story so colourful, very suspenseful and touching. Deeply enjoying your marvellous work and feeling for the misfortunes of Sammy and Dean in this piece of brilliant fiction is so easy.

All the best to you, Judy
sUnKiSsT chapter 14 . 1/21/2008
heh...i don't think Dean is going to be grinning for long...excellent update, can't wait for more :D
Colby's girl chapter 14 . 1/21/2008
Great chapter although I couldn't believe the doctor's awful treatment of Sam! I can't believe that there is an actually medical person out there treating people in that manner! I'm anxious to find out Dean's reaction to Dr. Hartzell!
Ognonamis chapter 12 . 1/21/2008
Again...OMG! it just keeps getting better and better. im so glad sam is okay. i know you said it wasnt a death fic but i was getting worried for a while thare.

love how you put so much detail into it and it seems that you really konw the characters well. cant wait to read more. plan to read more when i get out of work.
KatieLB chapter 14 . 1/21/2008
I am relieved that you are home and getting better... sorry you had to go though all of that. Another great chapter but boy is dean going to be pissed! Can't wait for the next chapter.
AnickaMarie chapter 14 . 1/21/2008
Man, that appendix stuff is a mess. I haven't dealt with it myself, mine still likes its home, but my mom & brother both have needed theirs taken out. Hope you're feeling better.

I don't mind the change in POV. Just happy to see another chapter in this wonderful Sammy whumping story.

Nice job choosing the song for the chapter title. It definitely fits. When Sam was getting better in the last chapter I was happy for them, but also sad since it probably meant the end was coming soon. Good to know that's probably not the case. You've given them a whole new set of wonderful complications!

Keep up the great work and I hope you feel better.
sammygirl1963 chapter 14 . 1/21/2008
OMG, what an A-hole that surgeon was. I hope Dean finds out exactly the way he treated Sammy and let's him have it! (that is after he heals Sammy's arm that is)!
ziggy.uk chapter 14 . 1/21/2008
First of all hope you have a really quick recovery from your appendicitis. Also it doesn't detract from your story that you have put this chapter in the third person and have swapped POV's throughout. It has given your story more depth as the reader can see it from more than one POV!

Great chapter, loved how you built up the tension through Sam gripping his brother's hand and Dean responding as the trach tube was removed, really well done. And loved how Bobby played his trump card, informing Dean he had booked a room at the motel he was staying at, two queens with magic fingers and $10 of quarters on the bedside table! That, if nothing else was the deciding factor in getting Dean to leave his little brothers bedside!

Great touch bringing in Samuel Colt and the story about a special gun, loved how you did it through the magazine article! Guess it won't be too long before the boys find out about it too and the search will be on to locate and talk to Scruggs!

Dr Hartzell made even 'House' look like a caring doctor at times. Guess his genius as a surgeon slightly outweighed his dreadful bedside manner and rough treatment of his patients injuries! (Wonder if House was based on the real surgeon you once knew! LOL!)

Good that Bobby raised his voice and gave Sam a lecture, prompting the release of tears from the young hunter. Probably did Sam some good to let go of some of his emotions and it wasn't hard to see that Dean was at the centre of Sam not wanting to risk the operation on his arm!

Great ending of this update with Dean catching the last part of the conversation - once he knows the full story though he will be just as forceful as Bobby in trying to persuade Sam to have the surgery, though he might have a few harsh words for Dr Hartzell, which will probably roll off the surgeons back as he seems to have the skin of an elephant!

Awesome update, just loving this story, well written and entertaining!
carocali chapter 14 . 1/21/2008
Well, it seems that Sam isn't out of the woods yet! Will he really lose his hand? The fact that he's still alive is a good thing, but his overwhelming concern for Dean may plunge him backwards again.

And now that Bobby has this information on the Colt, will he be able to convince the man who has the journal to cough it up? what will this mean for the future of hunters?

Cool chapter!

:D

Caroline
lostatc chapter 14 . 1/21/2008
I knew Dr. Hartzell had to be based on another of your colleagues. The desire to slap him was overwhelming almost as strong as my desire to slap Sam. I hope Dean manages to set him straight or are they going to find a supernatural method to taking care of Sam's arm? I love the Colt story you are bringing into this. Can't wait to see how you develop that one.

On a more personal note, hope you are feeling better. Sorry that your appendix didn't like it's home but glad you got it taken care of. Take care.
kokoda2007 chapter 14 . 1/21/2008
I was so happy to find this update - but sorry to hear that you'd been unwell. Rest up and get better, there's no pressure ...really ...I promise.

I keep thinking this fic is almost coming to an end (unfortunately) and then you throw in a whole new direction for it to take. Brilliant. I love it.

Don't mind the changes in POV. It works well as long as you don't chop and change every paragraph - which you don't do. With the 3 main characters, plus medical staff thrown in, I can imagine writing first person POV would be nearly impossible. By doing it as you have, we get a good overall feel for everything that's happening in this chapter.

As always, very well written and a joy to read. I'll be watching for your update - but seriously, take your time and get well.
257 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »