Reviews for La Pesadilla
StrainAsylum chapter 3 . 7/10/2019
Really good! Love stories like this; different from the usual, but with very good characterizations and good plot. Guess Daniel got it from Baby Chelsea. Anyway, great job!
Iniysa chapter 3 . 6/9/2012
You don't know how long it took me to find this story again! LOL! I remembered that I had read it years ago, that Daniel got sick and it became a pandemic. I remembered Daniel going to the store and running into a small child and thinking that he was Patient Zero.

But A. I wasn't sure if I had read it on this site or not. And B. No matter what variations I put in the search, I could not find it. I even went to Heliopolis, but the site is gone.

So I gave up and began to search for another story when I somehow accidentally clicked on this story and was just about to hit the back arrow when I decided to see what this story was about and low and behold! I did a dance around my apartment before settling down to read. :)

An amazing story! Great job. It was just a good the second time around as it was the first.

Lauren
hajimebassaidai chapter 3 . 1/8/2010
I really enjoyed this fic with Daniel's guilt coming through loud and clear. I liked the uncertainty that echoes throughout because we get details from what Daniel observes only. I thought it was a little unclear in the end where the disease actually did come from though, but it was a really good style and very effective.
Space1Traveler chapter 3 . 11/12/2009
This was yummy! Very nicely done. Thank you!
ShiverMeFunzies chapter 3 . 6/7/2008
wow wow wow...wonderful story...good job
sleipnirfenris chapter 3 . 10/19/2007
Nice fic. Very nice. Shame that Daniel nearly dies...AGAIN! happens a lot doesn't it?
Terelou chapter 3 . 10/17/2007
I can't believe you wrote a new story and didn't let me know!

I really enjoyed this one, and was kept guessing about whether Daniel was going to be responsible for all those deaths. Your characters were on the money as usual.

Thanks!
Quick-Demon chapter 3 . 10/15/2007
I intitially read this story off site and only completed the last chapter now. A short but sweet story which is a relief from a long dragged out story that I was expecting. It was interesting, though, the ending was a little too short... convientent maybe?

Anyway it was good and I'd enjoyed it.
Jess13 chapter 3 . 10/6/2007
Finally catching up more on my fic-reading. I'm really glad for the way things have ended up - well, not about all the fatalities caused by the epidemic (though it could have been a lot worse ...glad that it didn't approach Thor's estimate), but that Daniel has been cured and that they were able to use his B-cells and vaccinate everyone. And yes, it must be phenomenally irritating to be regarded a hero. Poor Daniel. ;)

You did a great job in portraying the aspects of Daniel's physical and mental state during the illness. The hallucination with Sha're (that was a hallucination, wasn't it? Or was it a flashback of sorts...or a combination of the two) was well done. I loved the team friendship aspect as well, how Jack told Daniel not to die and wanted Thor to help them out, how Teal'c was glad to stay with Daniel for a little while, and how Sam insisted on visiting him as well. Daniel putting the needs of the rest of Earth's population above his own is totally within character; very nice job with that also.

I guess all's well that ends well. Great job on this story, Thrae. I enjoyed reading it.
Denize chapter 3 . 9/29/2007
Wow, this is a VERY good story! But i'm really curious about how the illness started. ;P
reviewer chapter 3 . 9/29/2007
Beautiful. That was an amazing story. An instant favorite. You've captured the characters really well, and you handled the subject of a pandemic with a surprising grace. Many people would have been tempted to graphically describe people dying of this disease or such. You managed to convey the seriousness and scariness of the virus without becoming graphic or campy or cliche.
Khentkawes chapter 3 . 9/29/2007
*grins* I'm glad that Daniel and Janet don't have to feel guilty, although it's still pretty devastating that the virus could be native to Earth.

Final thoughts on the present tense... I'm sticking with my previous assessment. It works wonderfully when Daniel is incoherent, confused, and drifting in and out of consciousness. It really does create a charming mood. Actually, if I wasn't purposefully looking for it, I probably wouldn't have noticed the tense at all. It did seem to drag the pace down a bit at the beginning and the end, but not enough to make much difference.

The part with Thor was great. The way Daniel only caught snippets of the conversation was very well done.

At any rate, it was a great experiment, an a delightful read.
starjems88 chapter 3 . 9/28/2007
great story!
Nyx Ro chapter 3 . 9/28/2007
*Gives standing ovation*

Well done! I like that the virus had a terrestial origin after all; we forget how powerful "natural" infections can be in an era of international travel and global food chains.

Yep, that's our Daniel, always willing to sacrifice for others.

Welcome the the Gen Side! We have cookies, too. (Ginger snaps, of course. Also egg nog.)
nikita6725 chapter 3 . 9/28/2007
thanks you for this wonderful story i love how you had daniel be the cure and so glad you didnt make him be the reason ... hope you write another soon thanks again ..