Reviews for Five Portraits of Walburga Black
dxydrxmer chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
You added so much depth intoa less known Walburga Black. She may be wrong and evil in ways but you showed her in a light that many would be willing to accept. In pain. A pain that leads to white-hot lust for something you can't quite decipher.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
nice
Robin chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Yeah, that entire family is bonkers. They did it much more stylishly than the Gaunts but everyone is at least a little crazy.
terrorofthehighway chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
I like how interesting this story is, and how it explores the character, although I feel that only the beginning brings out the socialisation that she/the family must have gone through. The rest explores the repercussions it has on her relationships.
Seriously Yours chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
This was a beautiful description of Walburga and it is the first where she is upset that her son became a servant of the dark lord.
ArieSemir chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
What a fascinating exploration of one of the myriad minor characters of the Harry Potter universe. This really brought alive a character who we've mostly seen as an insane, hate-filled screaming face - but of course, she was (in universe) a real person once too. The Blacks are such an interesting part of the fabric of English wizarding society, and you really did them justice.
HogwartsHussy chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Here via a rec at LJ's crack_broom.

I, too, am infinitely fascinated with the Blacks. And you express it perfectly when you describe Walburga as being the most "Toujours Pur" of all since she was never anything but a Black. I also don't think that Orion and Walburga EVER wanted either of their sons to actually become Death Eaters like their fanatic niece. But how chilling was Walbuga trying to burn the mark off of her own son's arm?

These glimpses say so very much about the girl, the woman and the shade. I'll be saving this to revisit it.
deleted2012 chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
I really like this- you HAVE managed to create a fully fleshed out character, that really was only one dimensional in the books, so well done!

x
hydraspit chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Very well done. I really enjoyed this new look at Walburga.
Jaye Black chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Ack. I've never really thought of her this way. Thanks for writing this, it really does give depth to her character that I wish there'd been time to show in the books. :)

Great job. :)
awaylaughing chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
All thruogh this, I just felt that little curl in my stomach where you just know that whatever you're reading or soing, it's just so sad. It was lovely to see something other than a shrieking portrait of Walburga, she was human once.
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
I never taught this is possible.. I actually saw Walburga as human, as normal.. I understood her! Wow!

Congrats, this is a great fic (as all your fics!) ! You should write more about the Blacks, you seem to understand them! Maybe you could write how Sirius left Grimmauld Place?
hiei'shalfbrother chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Wow, this story is just amazing. I love how you made Walburga in this fic. It gives her just depth that I was looking for. I wonder how she would've felt if she had found out that it was her oldest niece that killed her son. hm?
emilie420 chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
Ooh, how interesting.
Siriute chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
wow, that was a really saddening portrait of Walburga that I rather like. I always suspected it must have broken her heart when Sirius left just like Kreacher said. The riches of aristocracy are in their children after all.

And I immediately believe that the Blacks were less than happy when Regulus followed that terroristic band called Deatheaters. They put lots of money in protective charms after all. And they might have known dear Tom in his youth. Fits with the ages anyway. I always wondered why members of society would be tempted to follow Lord Voldemort, because really - what is there to gain? So he had to prey on the young.