Reviews for A Rock And A Hard Place
Vadercat chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
I think your wrong. I think he could let Ronon go someday...the fortunes of war and battle, that's their life together. However Teyla is a different matter, he loves her. We say that glimpse of him when he started to mutate and we saw it when he was hurt when she got pregnant. That he eventually accepted her as having a relationship with another man, I don't think his love died for her he just submerged it. Though he might accept her view on life and she his, I don't think he would ever willing let her go as in death. He let her go to live her own life, but he was still close, she made him close by making him a namesake for her child and uncle. Their lives are too intertwined and complex for him to let her go knowingly...only if she was forced out his hands would he let her go and then it would be months if not years before he ever got over that fact.
Harmne chapter 13 . 3/28/2013
I think Teyla's wrong. I don't think John has it in him to let one of his people die without doing something - whether it be mass destruction or giving his own live in an insane rescue. That's just who he is...
ladygris chapter 13 . 1/26/2012
Absolutely fantastic story! I got so caught up in the story that I forgot to stop and review!

Such a moral dilemma. Each of the characters responded predictably. Murgia was wonderfully written, trying to trap each of the characters in their stories and twist their words. And Sheppard's anguish at what happened just really came through.

Great work!
ladygris chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
Another start to what looks like a fantastic story.

I loved the moral dilemma here. I could really feel Sheppard's anguish at what needed to be done, though I'm looking forward to hearing the full story of how it all happened.
Cha'90 chapter 13 . 1/15/2012
I really love all your stories and this one is no exception. Please write fast and much. I just finished reading all all your work and can't wait for something new!
schneefink chapter 13 . 8/7/2011
Fantastic fic. Great exploration of the central conflict, very good Sheppard voice, exciting to read. Very much enjoyed this.
Kariesue chapter 13 . 12/13/2009
WOW! Where do I even begin? I was a bit unsure about reading this after the first chapter, but all your other stories have been spectacular so I forged ahead. I was pretty sure Sheppard would never do what he did at first, then I read the entire account and thought, ok, maybe. But the absolute unbelievable quality to the story was the underlying theme that ran throughout the whole series of Atlantis: Sheppard's worst enemy was Sheppard himself. We see this when he takes the blame for the Colonel's death in the 1st episode. In Doppleganger, John's worst nightmare is himself and his guilt at not being able to save everyone in the world. In Remnants, the "fake" Kolya says he beats himself up every day. He is the first one to put his life on the line for his friends and the entire world but he doesn't feel he deserves the same from others. He is truly a solitary man. I love that John himself sent the mission report to the SGC. It's just one more way that he beats himself up on a daily basis. Love how John stayed silent for most of the hearing, not attempting to defend himself, just speaking up when something else needed clarifying. And my heart broke when he just stayed in the conference room, unable to face seeing anyone else. But it was so right. And I have to admit to a soft spot for John and Teyla so it broke my heart when she was unhappy with what he did. But she knew that he did it out of love for her and she acknowledged that the love of John Sheppard was a powerful thing. Well, I say that this story was a powerful thing. I have a feeling I'll be back for a 3rd and 4th look every so often. You do ShepWhump great but you are a master at showing us his heart and soul. Please give us more of this. Just what I need is you to feed my addiction even more. And I'll end again with WOW!
kirroth chapter 13 . 11/12/2009
Heh, guess I'm evil. Unlike other reviewers, I don't have a problem with what Sheppard did. Those people knew what their leader was like, and surely knew what he was doing. Or at least had some inkling. They were as guilty as he, IMHO. If you're not with us, you're against us. My line of thinking. I'd have shot the drone too. o_O
kirroth chapter 2 . 11/11/2009
Gah, I _really_ hate the Geneva conventions. If the enemy doesn't agree to and fight by the rules, you shouldn't have to either. It's just a stick for the cowards to beat the good guys with. (

I liked the little twist of Maj. Mackey being related to Holland. Nice touch. But Teyla refusing to meet Sheppard's eyes has me worried. Maybe instead of worrying I should go read the next chapter. XD
new creation chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
I have just recently found your fics and I'm in the process of reading them all. You are amazing! Your plots are all exactly what I would have asked for. I wish I could write stories like these, but since I can't, I am so grateful to have you to do it ,brilliantly, for me. Thank you and Keep It Up! God bless you.
Whirlwind421 chapter 13 . 6/23/2008
Great story! I absolutely love it! Awesome plot and awesome writing!
Whirlwind421 chapter 6 . 6/23/2008
The bastard! Please mind my language...the evil evil man! How dare he! Awesome story!
Whirlwind421 chapter 5 . 6/23/2008
Great story! Oh, I'll bet Ronon will say his piece! Oh and the 'swamp pillows' thing where Teyla didn't get what marshmallows were was cute and halirious! Evil people wanting to take John away!
Ozlex chapter 13 . 10/21/2007
Oh that was magnificant. Must have been difficult to write and I congratulate you on a superb job. It is a marvoulous story written perfectly to extract every last bit of suspense and delight.
Obsessed Pam chapter 13 . 10/20/2007
A very difficult situation resolved well.