Reviews for Blind Pigs
clow-san chapter 2 . 4/28/2011
Intriguing. It is crafty that you made Fran a Black woman.
The Giant Daifuku chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
So I read this first chapter with some doubt in my mind, but you really piqued my interest by merging actual US history (the Haymarket Riots and the Pinkerton detectives) with the plot line. We're learning about those in my history class right now, so I was like, I KNOW WHAT ALL THAT IS!
Saemi chapter 16 . 1/8/2010
I really enjoyed reading this story of yours and I hope you would still continue writing it. You write it so well and it's such a shame that something as great as this would go unfinished.
FinalCrazy64 chapter 16 . 9/25/2009
Dude this series rocks! It's a pitty you haven't uploaded for a year because the story is getting very intresting. I'm also looking foward to some more Ashe and Balthier moments. :) I also think Fran and Basch would make a good couple. So please upload soon or eles I think I'll go mad!
MJC chapter 16 . 3/12/2009
I really enjoyed reading this retelling of FFXII. I greatly admire the dedication you put into writing this and learning some facts and history about the Great Depression. It is inventive writers like you who make me believe that I could have a future in writing. Thank you so much for writing this, I hope you decide to finish it some day. (With maybe a better ending than the game)
Aoife-hime chapter 16 . 9/27/2008
Wow.

Fran... wow. I can't believe how well you've created a history for her in this modern setting. It's perfect and heart-wrenching and just, it felt so /real/. As much as I liked how you'd updated the cast to the 1930's setting, I honestly think Fran is your best re-creation yet (even if Balthier in suspenders, pinstripes, and a fedora is beyond sexy).

Thank you for a wonderful installment.
Yaoi4Shelaguuuuu chapter 16 . 9/25/2008
Wow. That was interesting. Keep up the good work!
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 16 . 9/23/2008
Amazing twist with the 'sisters' bloodlines, how Fran met Balthier, and the vindictive Johanna.

Noah, Helen, Bergan and Zargabaath were placed in nicely, and the hunt for Larsa gives me chills. Can't wait to see the drama in Fran having to leave her Mia a second time.
TheNutellaChan chapter 16 . 9/23/2008
Do you speak fluent German or you used a "translator"? Anyways, another good chapter you've finished.
Sweet Valentine chapter 16 . 9/21/2008
Oh this chapter was SO GOOD. I LOVE how you've developed Fran's backstory - it's a brilliant twist, and it works excellently! I'm glad to see you're updating this more regularly. Very nice!
Spikey44 chapter 15 . 9/16/2008
Hello there; just wanted to say that I am still reading and enjoying this story. I am looking forward to the introduction of Anastasis and, of course, 'Cid B' and am enjoying how cleverly you weave the real world and FF world mythos together.

Spikey44
terracannon876 chapter 15 . 9/14/2008
Haha, the Jahara is a library~ I don't remember who Anastasis is, though. Who were you referring to in the game? (and if you mentioned him in the previous chapter, sorry for asking a redundant question ( )

On another note, what did Basch mean that Balthier wasn't as good a liar as he thought he was? Was it the leading man comment?

Thanks for the chapter )
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 15 . 9/13/2008
Again, clever work with the surnames! Things are moving along wonderfully, from Vaan having the heart-to-heart with Ashe -though he's already wondering if she'll even remember him and Penny when it's all and done with-, Larsa's arrival and proposal (much lulz at Balthier speaking his mind in regards to not needing Larsa's help! xD), and Basch weighing Balthier's motives for staying with the team for this long.
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 14 . 8/27/2008
FI-NUH-LEE! The site's been all wack with me the last while, thus delaying my review for some time!

Nice idea on providing Balthier's PoV on the aftermath of taking the ring payment. I like how you flesh out his character more with the bits left out of FFXII, even to the point of Fran chastisising him and going off on her German curses! ;D

Giving Penny a bigger share of the story, like her reaction to watching Balthier take the ring and learning things from her perspective is wonderful as always. Course, you *know* you sent me into leaps and bounds of joy at how you've worked the need for 'Johanna' and 'Mia' into the plot! I can't wait to see the trials and confrontations that go down there!

Drace's personality and her concern for Larsa's antics is awesome to read, especially since you show that she also has concern for the ailing Gramis and her own dislike of the board members. Though, it's muchly ironic to see her assume that she doesn't think 'Vayne capable of harming his baby brother'... Oh Helen, things are a lot more cruel than fair...

Still, I'm adoring how you can write Balthier and Ashe in spats, consideration or defense for each other, as well as the growing sense of closeness among the party that gives them more than similar goals to stick together. Keep going strong, m'dear! :)
TheNutellaChan chapter 7 . 8/3/2008
I'm into this story, already! I'll keep reading.