Reviews for On Any Given Day
Angelique Jane chapter 11 . 11/18/2013
Wow...This was beautiful. What else can be said?
Max chapter 11 . 2/1/2010
I really enjoyed this fic, Post-Trinity at it's best!

The only thing I would point out is the way you have John and a few of the other characters refer to Rodney as "little", eg "little scientist" and "snarky little guy" etc. Rodney (or at least the actor who plays him) is only two or three inches shorter than John who is about 6ft.2inches. That makes Rodney at the very least 5.9/10, probably a bit taller. If you watch the show you can see that he is actually taller than Beckett, Lorne, Zelenka and quite a few of the other male characters as well. He is also broader across the chest and shoulders than John and of a stockier, sturdier build, not to mention being a bit overweight. Judging by the episode where he spends his time carrying huge boxes about and lowering Sam and Jennifer down mineshafts he is quite strong as well (stronger than he thinks he is at any rate). I would imagine that, in terms of sheer brute force, he would probably be a bit stronger than John, who is skinny and looks like he was built for speed and stamina rather than strength (John would have Rodney licked in all other physical aspects though, and getting Rodney confident enough to apply that strength would be another matter). None of this adds up to being a "little guy"!

The temptation to turn the more emotionally open or less macho characters into physically less than they are in comparison to the super-athletic soldier types is a common mistake in fic, but Rodney is physically large enough to not have that label attached to him.
qw chapter 11 . 1/31/2010
Really enjoyed this, it could easily have been an episode.

RE the person who said John and Rodney were out of character -I wouldn't pay too much attention to that. From the sounds of it, it was more a case of that particular fan not liking the fact that Sheppard was being portrayed as a flawed human being for once.

McKays mistake was a genuine mistake and he certainly didn't deserve to be punished for it, especially by Sheppard who has made far worse mistakes and been forgiven by everybody.
Cheetahsaurus chapter 11 . 11/29/2009
Very nice job. You actually made me cry with the scene where Shepherd finds Rodney and he says he gives up and that Shepherd wins...
Katelynne chapter 11 . 9/16/2009
That was really good.

The way you portray the situation is well done. And your character voices are awesome. You hit Rodney spot on.

Thanks for the great Fic!
Kira chapter 11 . 4/16/2009
Great story
x Varda x chapter 11 . 11/20/2008
That was awesome! Thanks for writing it :)
Shelly chapter 1 . 11/18/2008

I have always liked Atlantis and McKay in particular but have only recently got into the fanfic area of it. I found your fic tonight and it was wonderful. Very angsty and wonderfully whumpy as well. I was teary eyed during alot of it, you really got the emotions going with how Rodney was feeling. I loved the interaction with him and Sheppard. Ronon and Teyla were great in the fic as well. Liked how they were supportive of Rodney when Shep wasn't. A very nice read. Thanks for sharing it and hope you are writing more fics still. Only regret I have is that it wasn't longer.
Dear Sweet Lana chapter 11 . 5/9/2008
Aww! What a fine story! I really enjoyed reading it.
Silverthreads chapter 2 . 2/16/2008
Good chapter. I believe I read this before but I am enjoying it again.
Silverthreads chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
Hm, I must have missed this somehow, but I am enjoying it now.
Mercury's Winter chapter 11 . 10/31/2007
I liked the ending! :) Great job, awesome story, fantastic whumping, loved every word, thanks!
futurechild77 chapter 11 . 10/31/2007
Wonderful ending!Loved the hole story
twinchaosblade chapter 11 . 10/31/2007
Thank you for writing this touching story! I thought the characterizations of Rodney, John and Carson were terrific. You really caught the essence of their characters. I love the three together! Well done!
angw chapter 11 . 10/30/2007
I enjoyed the emotional roller coaster and the focus you gave this story. I enjoy reading the missing scenes and people's take on the episode. Cheers.