Reviews for Savior in the Shadows
d1x1lady chapter 13 . 8/12/2013
This is such a great story! I am enjoying it so much. Keep up the great writing!
The Founder chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
nice
Potterformers chapter 5 . 1/26/2013
Harry should ignore her til she realize that Adults and more specifically Dumbledore is not always right.
Potterformers chapter 5 . 10/29/2012
Its Harry and Ginny all the way, as I will not allow incest, or simulated incest
Guest chapter 5 . 7/3/2012
I was reading on laptop on my bed and i rolled out from it on last part about McGonagall :D:D:D:D:D it was all awsome :) i did not even remember what was about all chapter couse of that :)
T.K. angel chapter 13 . 3/24/2012
Why did you stop?
Guest chapter 13 . 12/13/2011
Kinda torn. Part of me wishes this was finished, and another part is glad it was abandoned. Not bad for the standard independent!Harry fic, at least at the start. Nothing there to really make it stand out either. The secondary characters (Ministry Five plus Dumbles, Remus, and Tonks) all come off quite flat. As a reader I'm unsure why you kept asking for opinions when you obviously had already made up your mind about the things you asked about (you ask if Harry should ditch Hermione early on, saying you can still change things, and a dozen chapters in she's still going strong... then you casually mention how most people said ditch her. As a reader it makes me think my opinion doesn't mean a damn thing to you). But just for completeness, I will comment on the last question you left: Yeah, Harry needs guidance. That's why he has Remus and Tonks - two people are willing to work with/around the things Harry's just not going to budge on. Oh, and as for being able to make an argument for Hermione's (and Dumbledore's) position...? Sure, you can make a case for it. You can make a case for just about any point of view, all you need to do is firmly state your agenda and then ignore reality. Politicians do it every day. In this particular case the question really comes down to "are you willing to do whatever it takes to win? Are you willing to violate everything you believe in to ensure others will continue to have the freedom to have those same beliefs?" (The catch-22 is that if you say you ARE willing to violate your values - like Harry seems to - then you are a hypocrit and possibly as bad as your enemy. On the other hand if you are NOT willing to violate your values - like Hermione and Dumbledore - then you are supremely selfish because you're willing to let hundreds or even thousands die just so you can take the moral high ground and feel good about yourself.)

Like I said, not sure if it's good or bad it's abandoned. An older fic I revisited just to see. Not overly impressed, but I do hope you've kept writing somewhere.
pnayz4life chapter 13 . 9/2/2011
Hi, I really enjoyed your story. I was somewhat hesitant to read it because it hasn't been updated in awhile. I hope that despite being busy with real-life that you get the chance to update sometime in the near future...In regards to the story itself, Hermione's character is getting on my nerves! I want to strangle her at certain points because she can't seem to get the bigger picture. I like how you portrayed Snape especially in regards to Draco and his attitude towards Harry but he's still snarky and a Slytherin to the core
kdog77 chapter 13 . 5/22/2011
This perhaps the best Harry Potter Story on site. Its has action, but is slow paced. It has an independent harry, who is doing things his way, but it isn't easy. Dumbledore hasn't really changed from canon, but it portrays him in a bad light becasue Harry is different. Dumbledore's secrecy, arrogance, his idiotic belief in giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, his inability to listen to anyone else are all there. I don't know how the next chapter would go, Dumbledore may realize that Harry outmaneuvered him, but I doubt it. Dumbledore's been the only one calling the shots for so long that he is incapable of treating anyone else as an equal. He was loosing the last war badly and hasn't changed at all. Harry is right about what needs to be done. He knows that the voldemorts second rise will end the same way as his first one, with two words and a jet of green light.

The questions are how will people react when they see Harry use dark magic? His friends will fight with him and eventually see it, so will members of the order. The order is breaking apart, will the Weaasleys and others join Harry and leave the order? Where will McConagall come down when it comes HArry vs Dumbledore?
AlexBSChris chapter 13 . 3/12/2011
I love your story and I would love it if you continue it.
db0109 chapter 4 . 7/27/2010
must be a terrible fedelice on potter manor you have all kinds of people just popping in. and wth is up with the whinning harry your story started out great then it started falling off with the crying and BS. also remember beletrix wasnt the first harry killed remember the stone when he burnes his proffesor to death, sry just tired of stories saying ind harry and turn him into a whinning crybaby dishrag.
Zefrn chapter 13 . 1/31/2010
Update pease! This is really good and you have put so much time into it, please continue and update soon!
Pointer3109 chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
"And now she was fixed on the belief that Harry was moody and depressed. "

I will note that she was right. At least until Dobby showed up with something to take Harry's mind off of his troubles.
Serena530 chapter 13 . 10/3/2009
I really liked this story. It's kind of similar to another story I read and the beginning of its sequel. What I mean by that is the idea of Harry taking his life into his own hands and deciding that he needs to get stronger and do things if he's going to survive against Voldemort in the end. Oh and of course his whole relationship with Ginny. D Anyway, also the fact that he needed to get out from under Dumbledore's(sp?) finger, and having people not see him as a child and instead as someone who has to(because of factors we all know about) and is going to fight in the war whether they want it or not. As for who Harry should listen to in regards to his actions of late...well of course think that Harry is in the right with wanting everyone to fight instead of them all just dumbing the war on his shoulders (thats one thing that pisses me off about the headmaster! Harry has to be the one to defeat Voldemort but Dumbledore won't get him ready for it!). But also agree with Hermione in a sense that he is lying to people and manipulating them sort of. It's the like the situation with Cho. He can't be sure if she wants to be an Arour(sp?) because she really wants to, because he's the 'Chosen One' and says that everyone needs to fight, or because she had wanted that and his words had just gave her the push to make up her mind. But I also think that that is just his mind working in overtime. He needs to not think too much. His actions are basically the same as the advertisements on TV about who people need to join the army to fight in the war(well at least there use to be commercials like that a few years back closer to 9/11). I think Harry needs to start thinking about it like that if he isn't already. As for the headmaster...well I think that Harry should hear him out but still make his own decisions as to what he will not do. It would be nice if he could look to him for guidance, but until the man starts thinking differently and taking other people's opinions into consideration and including them in the decision making Harry should just not trust the man and keep doing what he's doing. Maybe that will change over time since people are starting to question DD and not follow him blinding. They are starting to think for themselves instead of letting him do all the thinking and see that he's not making the best decisions anymore...that he seems to have become use to people thinking him all powerful and trustworthy and all knowing.

I'm wondering if he can maybe let McG in on some of what he's doing. I think she would be able to help him and I think she is trustworthy. That she won't go and report back to DD, since she didn't do it when she overhead his conversation with Hermione in class. I'm also liking the direction you went with Snape. That was very well done and can't wait to see where that weird relationship goes. Oh I'm also wondering if and when Harry will get the chance to have a serious discussion with Fawkes. Will it happen in the next chapter while he's talking with DD or later? Well I know it wouldn't be too serious with DD sitting right there, but there could be some speaking going on between them. Maybe we could learn what Fawkes has learned about Harry since healing him.

-sigh- Well I seriouslly hope you plan on getting back to this story and that you are not abandoning it. It's really good and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see where this story goes. Please please come back and update.)
Sean Mulligan chapter 13 . 9/14/2009
A great story. I hope that you update this soon. How did the half blood princes book end up in the Potter Library.