Reviews for Deja Vu Near Uijeongbu
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Omigosh, this was hilarious. I knew there were quite a few actors from HH who showed up later on MASH, but I didn't realize there were so many! And of course spotting Crittendon again would have to be the last straw for poor Hogan.

I got the complete boxed set of MASH for Christmas, and I'm looking forward to catching all the doppelgangers.
konarciq chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I had been advised to wait with the reading of this story until I had seen all of Mash. And now I have, so I could finally read it - and laugh out loud throughout!

I especially enjoyed how the Mash characters reacted to Hogan and Kinch - *so* in character! And poor Hogan with his bad luck. Not only is he seeing things, he's getting hit by every bad luck opportunity to be found!
Loved especially that scene in the office when Hogan caught Radar on having Henry sign blank papers. And how Radar got the crowd quiet when he couldn't!

Only having watched through Mash once now, I didn't quite get *all* the references (in that I didn't always remember to have recognized a HH guest character), but I'd like to alert you to two more: the blond USO girl from "I look better in basic black" was a USO girl in Mash once, too. And one of the three "guys in the back row" of barracks 2 who (like Goldman) was practically *always* there doubles as a corpsman in the first season of Mash as well: the black guy. You see him very clearly in the images of the opening credits of the first season, but even in the eps there.

But all in all, a very enjoyable piece. Going to save this for a rainy day!
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
I'm utterly ashamed of myself. I never reviewed this. I was just thinking about this story (marked as one of my favorites) this morning as I needed something to cheer me up. I'm coming down with a cold, so I decided to reread it. I love to get reviews for older stories, so it's a good thing I checked. So here's a review of one of your older stories. Works better after seeing all the HH episodes. I was hysterical reading it the first time, but now it's even better. Hope you get to finish Stalag Calls. Love that one as well. I've written one chapter of a crossover taking place in Germany with Hawkeye, but it's going no where. It take real talent to write the MASH characters. Something you have in abundance.
sparra-music chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Thanks for writing this. It's good to know I'm not the only person who jumped out of their seat to name MASH characters when seeing Hogan's Heroes for the first time. For a while there, I was counting how many times people "guested" as different people. For example, Major Hochstetter is also his Gestapo predecessor Colonel Feldcamp and an artillery commander (colonel then, too, I think). Father Mulcahy is a POW being processed at least twice, and there's an episode where he's chosen as the best of three volunteers... because he speaks German the best (with a British accent!). And that's with having only seen 3/6 seasons of HH. And you're right about Kuehn/Borman/Bock; I think he filled the part of "this week's evil German character" rather well each time. Almost as well as the atomic scientist who owned the cannon factory...

The only thing I would have done differently if this had been my story would be to make Carter and Kinch's ranks more realistic. Carter's a Lieutenant in the pilot and a tech sergeant (which is technically a higher rank even than Kinch's staff sergeant) for the rest of the show, so it doesn't really make sense (to me, at least) that he would be so much lower in grade than Kinch. And it seems strange to me that Kinch would have not only jumped from enlisted to officer's ranks, but also managed to be promoted at least 4 more times in 6-7 years. Even for someone starting their military career as an officer, it usually takes 18-25 years to make it to Colonel. I might have suggested captain's bars for both of them.
St PA chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
I just "discovered" this story. It's interesting and funny, but at times I don't understand the point(s) being made (especially, why are these people affecting General Hogan so much). Your story reminds me of another titled, "Even the Generals Have Bad Days" published on January 6, 2011. In this story, General Hogan sees resemblances to members of his former team from Germany in active duty personnel assigned to his Command at Bolling Field, Wash DC, and how he copes with the revelations. Both stories, in my opinion, are so similar in concept even though one is situated in Korea and the other in America.
Lizzi chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
OMG this story is SO funny! I was nearly rolling on the floor laughing so hard! I have been a MASH fan myself for most of my life, and just started watching Hogan's Heroes a few months ago. I too had the same reation when I saw William Christopher. This story is probably one of the best fanfics I have read. I just love how you get the two series (which were directed by the same guy) together. That can't be easy, seeing the 30 year gap.

Amazing story, keep up the good work!
Alfsigr chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
OMG, you have just single-handedly gotten me obsessed with MASH. I've scene a couple of episodes, but not many. Now I NEED to watch it. Your story just makes it sound too good to miss.
Prowler4 chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
I love this story! Hogan seeing things was genius! And introducing Crittendon as the breaking point...for both him and Kinch? FABULOUS! Too bad you didn't have all the Heroes there. Who knows what would've happened if Newkirk and LeBeau hit the camp?
Teri chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Thank you so much for telling me about this story. I laughed myself silly. Poor Hogan. Very nice work!
Catspaw Blackgaard chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
I loved this story! I'm a fan of both shows too and it is always funny when you see a familiar face, though I definitely missed some that were in this story - I'll have to pay more attention!
Plato chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
Wow! That was too funny. I laughed so hard I had tears coming down. Good Job!
beth chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
Wonderful and very funny! you could do the same thing with HH and the original Star Trek, especially with the women. most obviously Tiger is Spock's wife, T'Paul. But almost every HH woman is in an episode of ST. In the episode where the 3 USO singers are held by the gestapo, one of the women is the famous green skinned dancing lady who tempts kirk

it is a fun game.
Glorious Clio chapter 1 . 10/13/2007
Oh, that was amazing! I freak out at the "cross-over" actors too. The story worked very well... I loved the line "Somewhere LeBeau is crying into is Crepe Suzette." Thanks for a very funny, very diverting story. I loved it. Great job!
Frankie Alton chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
My two all time favorite TV shows in one story. Yay!

I think this story is really clever and funny. And you managed to do a crossover where the story stayed true to both shows, so that's awesome. Also, you must have some incredible observation skills to pick up on all those characters from both shows. Good job!
GSJessica chapter 1 . 9/29/2007