Reviews for Sometimes It's Hard to Be a Hero
Karl Skywalker chapter 6 . 9/13/2010
Good story!

I am enjoying it so far :D I have to admit that I feel bad for Yori and Tara. I am feel for Ron :( To be honest, at this point I am more rooting for Tara than Kim. However, I do hope Kim will finally understand what it means to be soldier and how being a soldier is different than being a killer. Maybe Ron need two or three warrior wives at his side?

Looking forward for another update!
Shizizaam chapter 6 . 10/25/2008
Great Story! When are you going to update?
snowman794 chapter 6 . 10/19/2008
aw man, that was starting to be a really good fic. please don't leave it there
Pojko chapter 6 . 7/3/2008
Great story so far. I'm looking forward to reading more, keep up the good work!
Sentinel103 chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
YB, I've been reading along for a while now and I guess it's about time to write you a review. First well done so far. Kim doesn't like killing, she has fianlly found out what most others already knew. That's Ron protected her again. She's hurting since she feels taking another life is not right. She now has had a couple of experiences that may change her mind.

Ron is hurting and is begining to have nightmares. He feels that Kim has deserted him. Through some communication SNAFUs they are upset with each other. Experience tells me they can work this out since Sensei has decided to bud in to diffuse tension between the former couple.

Tara shows that she isn't the shy girl that everyone believes her to be and tries to take advantage of the situation developing with Kim and Ron. Yori has found out and has tried to "detour" Tara's conquest.

Heck, there's a lot of stuff going on here. But the major thing the ninja are going to try and get Kim and Ron back on the same page. Romance will follow but it will take a while, gee it might even be better. Oh, I just thought of something. Well, I guess I'll shut my trap now.

Larry (Sentinel 103)
Jurnee Jakes chapter 6 . 6/10/2008
I'd like to let you know that this is one of the few stories I'm managing to follow as I write my own series. For the most part, I'm waiting until writer's block invariably sets in to catch up on most others.

Essentially, I'm interested to know if and/or how you intend on making the connection between the graduation ceremony, going through what you have Kim and Ron going through, and then making it to the beach party that Graduation ends with. Though you haven't had much action, the drama that you're putting the two characters through is good, and hopefully rewarding for them. I'm interested to see what this goes.
screaming phoenix chapter 6 . 6/10/2008
Boy Tara wasn't wasteing any time was she? Yamanuchi is as subtle as you expect a ninja school to be. I can't wait for this conversation.
screaming phoenix chapter 2 . 6/10/2008
And now the bad dreams come. Ron is really getting it from all sides isn'r he?
screaming phoenix chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
Kim's pretty harsh on the Ronster there. Maybe she needs to grow up a bit?
Katsumara chapter 5 . 6/10/2008
So I guess this isn't a Kim/Ron story then, huh? D: That does sadden me a bit, but the story has still been handled well.
CajunBear73 chapter 6 . 6/10/2008
Much behind the scenes taking place here.

From Yori's delay of Ron's trip to Japan, Ron's finally reading Kim's note giving him some insight to some incidents that have happened, to Tara's sake-induced pause for the next day, to Ron's upcoming confrontation with Kim. All steps along the way for a somewhat mysterious path of the Chosen One.

Looks like Ron's about to have that 'talk' with Kim, and from his previous stance about it all with her, he's ready to only be friends and teammates with her.

Hope not, and don't be too long, ok?

daccu65 chapter 6 . 6/10/2008
So Yamanouchi won't let the boy just run off to...Yamanouchi. Sensei is forcing Ron to deal with his KP sitch. The conversation, which you started at the end of the chapter, is going to be interesting, indeed.

Keep up the good work.

Mr. Wizard chapter 6 . 6/10/2008
You're building up things nicely here. Great subtle moves on the part of Yamanouchi, but would we expect less?

Perfect ending, we know the next chapter will be BIG.
RDF-73 chapter 6 . 6/9/2008
Nice chapter update soon.
Solarstone chapter 5 . 1/29/2008
I'm loving Tara's character here. She's just too sweet for words. Glad to see Ron kept his head in the game for once. Sleeping with Tara would have been great, but would only end up causing more pain for everyone involved.

"Ron was seated on the floor in front of several large boxes staring at a framed photo. As Kim watched he wrapped it in a towel and slipped it into the suitcase at his left." -this line felt strangely symbolic, as if Ron is saying goodbye to all he knew and cherished.

This has all gotten so depressing. My only comfort is that this is set between graduation and the beach party. Also, what's up with KP? Guilt and grief may have overcome her, but she's always been aggressive and straightforward. Why did she simply let Ron go, it just baffled me.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »