Reviews for Paved With Good Intentions
jcampbellohten chapter 1 . 7/21
booklover19a chapter 1 . 6/1
Awesome story! I always love seeing how the minds of the Dursleys work!

Keep writing!
myownphilosophy101a chapter 1 . 3/29
I know this is supposed to show the humane side of the Dursleys but it only made me hate them more.

Good writing by thw way, very descriptive and imaginitive
H Bregalad chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
This ... frighteningly enough, is awesome. Thanks.
Sargent-titan chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Are you sure your not J.K Rowling?
Great story! It fit's really well!
VioletMarauder chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
And so, Harry's arrival leads to Dudley being raised in the worst manner imaginable. It's all your fault, Dumbledore! Ergh, shudder. How is Petunia Lily's sister? What a terrible family for Harry to grow up in.
palmtreehead chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Clever. It sounds reasonable that Petunia decided she had to make sure Dudley didn't feel bad for not being magic. Horribly callous to not realise that being special really doesn't mean too much if you're treated badly, and that's the point of the Dursleys so you've given them a good motivation for their actions. That was very well written with the reminders that they are capable of caring for each other but just didn't think of Harry at all. Thanks for sharing.
LVB chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
I thought you dealt with this missing moment really well. Your characterisation of Petunia is spot on. Even with her alteration to the morning routine, oh there's a baby left on the doorstep, she didn't forget to feed her Dudley his Frosties.

Totally believable!
Very Small Prophet chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
I have long thought this was the reason Harry was treated so badly by the Durselys and Dudley was so grotesquely spoiled. Just as was Snape speaking the truth about James’s arrogance, Petunia was almost certainly telling the truth about favoritism in the Evans household during in her little rant in Book One. Lily was pretty and charming and clever and magic, and Petunia was none of those things. How could she NOT feel left out and neglected? So in her own family it would be the normal child, the un-gifted child, who was special, and pampered, and showered with praise and treats and the best of everything. Yet even when favoritism became abuse, Petunia could never succeed in making ordinary Dudley special and magical Harry ordinary. Trying to make up for her own unhappy childhood, Petunia succeeded in doing nothing but ruining her own family.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
I'm really impressed with how you gave the Dursleys depth without making them out of character. The reason for their treatment of Harry was really clever, too. Great job!
Katamabob chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Well-written, great perspective on that morning. Poor little Harry though! Babies shouldn't be treated in such a way! Makes me sad to think of it even :(

Great story.

Qwicka chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
I do feel sorry for Petunia. The idea that she spoils Dudley and mistreats Harry because she was overshadowed as a child is entirely plausible - even if it's no excuse. The Dursleys are probably the most hated family in the Harry Potter series, but here you've given the depth without making them in any way OOC. You are a brilliant writer.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Excellent insight!
Tea'nCrumpets chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
Oh my, you are an incredible writer. That was wonderful!

I love how you incorporated Petunia's feelings of being ignored into her decision on how to treat Dudley and Harry. I also thought the small sentences on how Harry wasn't thought of were very poignant.