Reviews for The Governess
praywritelove chapter 31 . 10/4/2013
This is positively one of the best fanfictions I have ever read! You're right, Ardeth definitely deserved love after all you put him through. I loved Josephine and all the emotional roller coasters you put the characters on. I've read some other Ardeth/OC stories but this one is the most believable. You did an amazing capturing Ardeth and creating a character (Josephine) to be his match. Thanks you so much for uploading this. I'll surely be reading this again in the future! :-)
Janie24 chapter 31 . 9/15/2013
I love your story, It's one of the best mummy stories I've ever read :D
EmeraldHope chapter 24 . 7/2/2013
Finally! This is really good so far.
Kagome Narome chapter 31 . 2/22/2013
Beautiful story, mate. :3
Sleepyreader319 chapter 31 . 2/20/2013
Haha, they are like perfect for each other! Love it!
ZabuzasGirl chapter 31 . 10/8/2012
Update immediately, please!
bats13 chapter 31 . 9/13/2012
Wow! I loved this story so much! I especially loved the part when Josephine saw Ardeth for the first time and ran to him. I've got tears in my eyes! Great job!
ratherbereading125 chapter 11 . 8/25/2012
i am banging my head against a wall. i am just that frustrated.
shadowglove chapter 2 . 4/9/2012
"...She said she wanted to see the world, not the underworld," Rick said with a raised brow. -THAT WAS EPIC! Loved that line!
ILoveAnime89 chapter 31 . 2/25/2012
Love it update again soon. .
Nameless1 chapter 31 . 6/4/2011
hello dere!i knw u wld probly hve heard frm literally evry1 else but im gng to hve to write down dat dis is by far d most beautiful story line i hve evr read..the plot was nicely done,it doesnt fail me xcept d part where i really tght ardeth died and i can tell u dis, the governess is by far my most fav fan fiction..im nt dat vry good in exprsng my thght so do hear me out.i love it n wat wld i gve to b josie n hve a life partner like ardeth.:)..ur an amzing,talented writer..it wld b marvellous if dis story bcme a major motion picture..:D..thank q for the wonderful story..it really freshen up my hope dat dere r still sme good writer out dere who cn create a good ardeth story wch r loosely based on the mummy..i dnt knw why but really dis story stick out to me more tightly den others. up d good work!over n out
Deritine chapter 10 . 5/9/2011
This whole thing would be more convincing if Ardeth /- others genuinely beleived that she was the one betraying them. As it stands, the wishy-washy ]maybe I was wrong' 'sick feeling in the gut' makes the males look wimpy and detracts from the story. It is totally plausible that some of them feel that she had betrayed, but with this constant flip-flopping of opinion makes it a bit weak. A better way would be an argument on pro- versus anti-Josie and the consequences of her falling in with the 'wrong crowd'. I sense a redemption through heroisim, here, which is nice in comparison to the potential 'English patient' way you could have gone.
Deritine chapter 3 . 5/8/2011
PS- for chapter 4: if Ardeth has been so desperate for news of Alex as his surrogate son, I think his reactions to seeing the boy would be more complex- eg, very excited to see him but potentially not showing it as a sense of 'not-my-son'/ wanting distance sort of thing.
Deritine chapter 4 . 5/8/2011
"He was tired from his journey to Cairo. He had spent three days in council with the new curator of the Cairo museum discussing the goings on of Cairo."

Use other words for 'Cairo' here, such as 'the city'. Using it three times in a row is overwhelming.

Also, toning back on the first interaction and/or only having it from Josephine's perspective. Having him have all these positive comments about her on the first meeting is a bit unrealistic. Plus it is more fun to go from hate to a love relationship. ;P
Splishboom chapter 31 . 3/22/2011
I thought Ardeth and Josephine's transition from hate to love was a little fast, but other than that, I think you did a splendid job. I enjoyed it ) Definitely one of my favorite Ardeth fics.