Reviews for American Ouendan
Me-la Kenzu Chan chapter 2 . 10/5/2010
Omigosh, Ryuta's such a lovable retard in this. Between his yelling, tactlessness, and terrible Engrish, I loved every part he was in.

And I'm so happy with the background you gave Anna. The girls really do get too little love, and there had to be a back story to her short character description. This story was really satisfying.
Taru Rui chapter 2 . 11/6/2007
I think I should've reviewed this earlier. I'm just going on a review spree now XD

You write such a cute relationship for Anna and Ryuta. It's a nice change from seeing... er, yaoi pairings. I'm glad there's some het pairings for Ouendan floating around. (I mean, I've seen about two pieces of RyutaSayaka and RyutaRin fanart each, and I've gone through plenty of Japanese fansites and deviantArt)

This is kinda random, but I liked that you picked on that "changes-mind-too-late" cliche. It kinda made it less cliche XD

Yoshi made me laugh. Perverted old man-type characters are always amusing to have.

Finally, this is my only crit: The ending conversation with Anna, Sayaka, and Takara confuses me a bit. I don't know how, I just feel a bit confused by it...

Anyway, nice job. :D
CrimsonSkyez chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
OMG, so adorable! I love how their relationship is, and I love how Ryuuta is entirely. XD You captured his 'personality' wonderfully. I want to see more!
Lordess Ananda Teenorag chapter 2 . 10/7/2007
Ah... such a beautiful chapter...

I know I said the same thing in the last review, but I love how you portray the frienship between Anna and Ryuuta. It's beautiful, sincere, simple. (As far as I'm concerned, if I were to write a Ouendan fanfiction about frienship, I would have chosen Amemiya Sayaka because I love her _, and because she practices yoga. She would help Ryuuta to stay calm. But I love your own choice and your own vision of Ouendan.)

I found your Ryuuta-unable-to-speak-English-properly very funny. (I would have thought the same _) He was the cutest character in this fanfiction (and that's saying a lot from a Kaoru fan like me _). I also like Kai-san's appearance. (Can he actually SMILE ? _ Wow !)

Beautiful story, you did a great job. I hope you'll keep on writing Ouendan stories (particularly Ryuuta, you write him very well !)

Gee, now I HAVE to write Ouendan stories as well. But I am so lazy...

By the way, I wonder if the Anna x Ryuuta pairing would be so uncannon. The game says nothing about love relationships, and they could be cute together... personnally, I think I would be fond of a Doumeki Kai x Honoka Kawaï pairing. Do you think it would be uncannon ? After all, I think all Ouendans know each other...

Lord Ma-koto

PS : Heh heh, I found a disguised Ouendan story ! (Tales of Symphonia)
Taru Rui chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
I really like the concept of this story. You don't see a lotta Ouendan fanwork that's Anna-centric, especially one that focuses more on her past than her... er, assets. (But that's mostly fan art anyway.)

Now, this story is a bit fast paced in my opinion, you went from 3-year old Anna to 16-year old Anna all in one chapter and she's already once been to Japan and back. It feels like the pace is set, though, so it might be awkward if you decide to slow it down significantly.

Also, those cheerleader girls are... yowch. Cruel. I'd hate to associate with them XD

Anyway, please continue. :)
Lordess Ananda Teenorag chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
Hello ! (I'm glad you like my previous review. _)

Ah, I ABSOLUTELY Anna and Ryuuta's frienship. You made a wonderful job with Ryuuta shouting at everything (well, Ouendans are a little odd _), and both shouting together ! I really loved that. Particularly when Anna was leaving and Ryuuta still shouting at her. (By the way, I would love to read a fic about Ryuuta. Maybe something about his bravery, and, for once, a story when he hesitates and questions his courage, and then all his friends helping him to remember how brave and sincere he is. _)

Anna's american "friends" were quite mean ! I felt sad for her. I like the fact that you give some deepness to the character, that she is'nt "a normal popular but dumb blonde". Though I would also see her as a material person - still having a great cheerleading ideal.

Thank you for writing this story. _

By the way, I'm glad you like my previous review ! _ Don't worry if you can't read my stories. _

Lord Ma-koto

PS : Personnally, I like yaoi or non-yaoi stories (the same for yuri and het). I like reading everything. I have to admitt I enjoy seeing a lot of points of view, no matter what they are.