Reviews for Resplendence of Ebony
OceanaOrleans chapter 7 . 1/7/2014
Simply amazing. I'm in awe of your writing. The song and this piece of writing, a match in heaven it is and I cried through out especially the end. I love the last sentence that your wrote ( did you know that white is just a shade of black?). Simply brilliant and I salute you for this tear bringing master piece of art. Thank you for writing this you so very much.
Arrietti chapter 7 . 5/15/2013
I teared up! I rarely cried when reading but you managed to stir up my emotions. The story was so dark and sad. Your villain was pure evil. I couldn't decide whether I hate him or like him for his horrible personality.

Great job!
ARandomWeirdo chapter 7 . 5/22/2012
First reaction: T-T

Wow, this is a brilliant piece of work, but so very dark and sad. I was a bit weirded out by Fate's go-to reaction for quieting Nanoha, especially that first, violent time, but her aftermath response seemed to really fit.
ShadowAngelBeta chapter 7 . 1/21/2012
If you had to deal with someone even vaguely like your OC then... well I can't think of a phrase or word to get my point across fully, which gets m point across in-and-of itelf I think.

Well either way this story is hand-down getting on my favorites list... Oh and Go Lazy People. :)
ShadowAngelBeta chapter 3 . 1/21/2012
God this chapter made me come up with what is probably one the most twisted Nanoha's ever. So Nonaha is called the White Devil but is more of an Angel. Now this plot kills that Angel and leaves only the Devil wearing a Nanoha suit.

So you get a twisted, dark, edge-of-the-cliff-insane, TSAB-hating Nanoha with a face that looks perfectly innocent whenever she wants it to. Oh and fate is what keeps her from going over te edge, but Fate's in the same position for insanity so...

A Nanoha who likes spilling blood... scary and if any psychiatrist saw my thoughts right now they would be very worried.

Well whatever, I'm only on Chapter three and I'm saying this is awesome.
kris-tim chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
thats... was so intense O i cant breathe
Crown Phantasm chapter 7 . 10/1/2011
I... wow. That was just beautiful.

I love it.

It did get a little hard to keep track of who was talking at times, but I'm pretty sure I can put that down as a necessary evil.
Chrono Crusader-Zhang chapter 7 . 8/1/2011
Wow, just wow man. Sure this is three years after you completed this fic. But somehow I just found it a couple of days ago, and to say the least I was blown away. This was without a doubt the darkest Nanofate fanfic I've ever read, probably the darkest fic I've ever read period. But this was just down right moving.

But on a somewhat personal note, the dark/angst ridden elements of your work is something that I've kind of aspired to and this has truely inspired me, but I digress.

You did a wonderful job and I appauld and thank you for writing something that didnt fall under the mundane mahou shoujo fanfic deal. If I didnt know any better I'd think this would make a fantastic movie, actually strach that, this would make a fantastic movie, if the director could you know do justice to your work.

Anyway, one more time for good measure, this was a great read, and truely a gem and one of a kind piece.
BunnyxGirl chapter 7 . 7/23/2011
This was an awesome story! I love all your nanofate fics! I love the angst/drama! :D I hope u keep continuing your works!
Joylinda chapter 7 . 7/4/2011
This was so cruel on so many different levels. But i couldnt stop reading it. I cried so many times i just cant cry anymoree. I love your stories. This was this little series of the three parts was just ultimatly amzing
NoblesseOblige chapter 7 . 4/14/2011
I can't help but wonder, is a story that makes you cry like you just lost your family (exactly what happened to the cast) considered an enjoyable story? God, it's been quite a while since I last cried like this. My lack of sleep is probably affecting my emotions right now, but I've no doubt that I would have cried anyway, even if I rested for an entire day.

Well, I'll try not to bother you with blind praising, not my thing anyway.

First of all, I was reluctant to start reading the DÄ“cadent series, thanks to a prejudice of mine that tells me short stories are generally not worth it. I'm so glad I ignored my senses this time. While the lack of long paragraphs led me to think that this was poor quality, your use of precise words and wonderful construction of sentences more than makes up for it (I hope I'm not speaking nonsense here). When using single words sentences you're forcing the reader to focus on said word. Like when you write -Yuuno ran.- and there's nothing else to the left, nor anything to its right, and above and below there's nothing more than blank spaces, this way one has no choice but to pay undeserved attention to the simple fact of Yuuno running, making us picture the action in our minds. Or at least that's how it felt for me and to a great effect. You could say I felt that your writting was... 'to the point'.

Secondly, character interpretation and physicological analisys... I know nothing about this XD I'll limit myself to say that the characters felt just right and, while I considered (at first) Fate and Nanoha's reaction to their first kill a bit of an overreaction, it's still entirely possible and understandable. More if one factors in the series of events that led to them having to kill for the first time (in Nanoha's case at least, I dunno if Stigma should be considered a prequel to this). So, canon characters going mad with hate and sadness and obsessive love... I approve! :D

Next, Hayate is my favourite character and, by association, the Wolkenritter occupy the rest of my top five. I should hate you! I should be flaming you! I should be doing my best to try and ruin your reputation (even though I know it's pointless)! Unsurprisingly, I'm not doing any of that. This is where my reason breaks. You killed all my favourite characters in just a single chapter and I'm actually GLAD you did! I still don't really understand it, but I guess it has to do with the fact that I usually put a lot more of weight in plot and character development and in useless fanboyism. What does this mean? It means you played their deaths so nicely that I, fanboy, can't care about who you killed in the end, and you should be fucking proud of it! XD Yuuno surprised me, I already thought him dead, but keeping him alive and using him to further torture both Nanoha AND the readers... nice touch there. I was never a supporter of Yuuno/Hayate, but you made me tear up for them, however, I don't know if this was because I actually felt for them or because I was already all sad and you were just adding salt to the wound XD

Lastly: Takeru. In my eyes, he was highly predictable for a villian. Not that he was stupid or something (in fact, I would like to be like him when I grow up... wait... I already grew up! damn...), it's just that his behavior was very similar to many villians I've seen already. I won't be calling him cliche, that word is taboo for me, however he still feels a bit generic for me. In your defence, none of the villians I refer to actually killed anybody, ever. Since yours managed to kill... well, almost everyone, I take my hat off to him, truly, he's an icon for all villians out there.

This would be all. I can conclude that yes, even if I cried like I'd just lost my family, it was an enjoyable reading. I'll probably read Time Immemorial tomorrow, though chances are I won't write a review since I'll just be repeating what I wrote here. Good luck with your current projects, I'm off.

NoblesseOblige.
Vanui chapter 7 . 3/5/2011
This was an absolutely brilliant piece of work. I usually avoid angst and death like the plague, but this was so captivating, so heart-wrenching, that I found myself reading more and more until I reached the end.

I honestly have no words to describe this. I'm amazed.

Thanks for an amazing read,

Co426e
RatSkie chapter 7 . 1/8/2011
If it was possible for you to see me right now, I'd give you a standing ovation for your work! Truly, your story is splendid. It had all the dark elements and angst I was looking for in a story and what might transpire between characters. I am a big fan of death in stories since it clearly makes a story closer to reality and that not all characters get their happily-ever-after. So for that, cheers to you, my friend! Wish you can make more stories like this in the future or any kind of stories for that matter. I just greatly enjoy your work. Good luck with your plans, mate!
Riveted chapter 7 . 12/16/2010
You blew me away. I rarely cry, but whenever I read any of your MGLN fanfics I tear-up. They are just so moving, so well-written, so so . . . awesome that I can't help it. I read this in one sitting and I must say it is an epic masterpiece. It's difficult to turn such a happy television show ( a MAGICAL GIRL series for god's sake) into a melancholy and meaningful story. That takes talent which you have loads of may I just say. The ending really got me though. Just the way you conveyed how they completed each other, yin and yang, two sides of a coin . . . it was just so perfect. And Vita's bunny watching it all. I smiled at that.

Also the music accompaniment was fabulous. Just gorgeous. I added some songs to my iPod after reading this fic. Especially that last song choice. Wow. . .

Thank you so much for posting such a masterful and fulfilling fanfiction. Sometimes I wish published authors would have your quality of writing. You're amazing. I wish you still posted MGLN fanfics. I miss your angsty yet meaningful writing. Well you know I'll always be waiting.

Sincerely,

Riveted
Dracyllion chapter 7 . 11/16/2010
Absolutely brilliant. Especially Vita's last words and the very end made quite the impact on me. Once I started reading, I just couldn't stop until the end. A thoroughly enjoyable reading experience.

~Dracyllion