Reviews for A Winter's Tale
Gyreflight chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
This is a beautifully complete one-shot, entirely in-character and elegantly written with some very nice phrasings: “the world wrenched out of its socket” perfectly catches that visceral, near brutal disjunction of reality that must fit the experience of being unexpectedly swept into somebody else’s (dying) soulscape.

That whole section rang true – true to character, and true to the idea of the inner world and its inhabitants. I’m always fond of sword-spirits, and Shirayuki and Zangetsu came across very believably (I’d actually managed to forget that Shirayuki must have made that connection before).

Oh, and I really liked the reminder when Rukia realised that she was in effect standing in Ichigo’s soul, and the nature of both the trust and the danger that her presence demonstrated…the consequences of which being apparent shortly thereafter.

The second section where they come to terms with each other (far less metaphorically than that phrase usually indicates :-) was very nicely handled, and the final resolution was both believable and satisfying.

Thanks for the read.
jcampbellohten chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
Awww. Remarkably similar to what actually happened, considering you wrote this way before canon got there. Sweet, sweet ending. Double score for well-written Isshin (I love it when people write good Isshin). The only thing about the last scene is the line "A coat was tossed on his head." At first I thought Ichigo had half-put on a coat in his rush to get outside, though I eventually got that it was actually thrown at him. I also had to actively suspend my disbelief at the helicopter, but that wasn't too difficult. I like how you had some instances of human-shinigami cultural dissonance. Overall, good.
Broken Elsewhere chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
This was amazing. It was beautifully written, with Ichigo and Rukia exactly in-character - because sulking and acting grumpy are just Ichigo's way of handling things when they go wrong. I loved the description of the Inner World falling apart, it was really vivid, and the Hollow's words "Farewell, world-changer" were fantastic. And the kiss at the end was pretty much how I see Ichigo and Rukia getting together. Wonderful story.

Elsewhere
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
*claps* Made even better by Ichigo actually being a fan of Shakespeare. (At least in fanon - I haven't read all of the character books yet.)
B000097z chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Rukia would not let Ichigo talk to her like that she should of kicked his ass like she always does to get him back normal
372259 chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
amazing work :D great job, I love how you write ichiruki!
T.H chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Your ichiruki fanfics are very deep and true to the characters...well-paced and sure-footed, rare but essential qualities of a meaningful fanfics.
zombiegirl22 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Amazing story,well-written. The characters of Ichigo,Rukia, and Renji were very well developed and very true to the characters in the manga. The kiss at the end was very, sweet and beautiful, and I feel that if Ichi/Ruki ever happened in the manga it would happen very similar to the way you wrote it.

Ichigo's reactions to his loss of powers was very believable, even if he acted very angsty/mean.

I like how you write Ichi/Ruki stories. They are quite believable and realistic.

Thank you for writing such a beautiful and interesting Ichi/Ruki fic.

I ask that you continue writing Ichi/Ruki fics because you have a talent for them. I look forward to your future work.
Carrie96235 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
A beautiful and well written story.
RuKiAbabY chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
when i realized what was happening in bleach I wanted to com bak and review this story immediately...you must be grinning like crazy right abt now...of all the ideas out there yours was dead on...well kinda. Anyway I enjoyed this, it was one of the first story's I read and to tell you the truth you seem to hav ruined me for other authors. Few can put a story together like you do, which is prolly why I'm so hung up on Deathsong. I hope you'll post more stories soon.
OceanMist9 chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Whoa. I can't believe this. That was amazing. You nailed Rukia and Ichigo's characters, as well as adding your own personal touch to them. This was excellent. Thank you for this story. :D

Oceanfire (in cahoots with Misthorse)
Black Sun Upon An Icy Sky chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Gosh, so long o.O

But it's cool and fluffy at the end so I take the longness XD
Bleach Munky chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
*tear* that was soo good... and oh so sweet... its been a long time since i read n ichiruki fic... this was the perfect story to re-ignite my fandom... :D thank you
mirai3k chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
your fics make my soul weep with joy. Seriously, this is beautiful in every way and I love their dynamic and the development of the romance because it's very hard to write believable IchiRuki romance. Please keep writing them!
Ryuuki chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
God, Ichigo was so mean in this lol. But the story was great! I especially liked Hollow Ichigo :-) Thanks so much! Hope to read more from you _