Reviews for House of Potter
917brat chapter 13 . 2/20/2012
wow Harry! man I love this story and how you have Harry please keep this up and update again real soon. Oh and I love the talents you have Harry having and how you are having them play out. Does Hermione know what Harry really looks like or his skills? Odes she have an idea now? Oh man please keep this up it is an amazing story.
Gabby chapter 13 . 2/20/2012
Great Story. Harry seems furious. Can't wait to find out what happens next!
James018 chapter 13 . 2/19/2012
This is an interesting, reasonably well written (a few errors notwithstanding) and well paced story. The plot premise is overused, but you seem to have gone to great lengths not to take things over the top - in most cases. I admit I'm not fond of Ron bashing to the extent he is in this story (and many others). But that's just my opinion.

I look forward to the next chapter and wish you all the best with your health issues. There are things in life that are far more important than a little story, and that's something many people forget from time to time. Good luck and keep kicking on.
atymer chapter 13 . 2/18/2012
Oh no, the chapter ended here! I was so caught up in Harry's outrage and in complete agreement at the blinding of the dragon!

I want to strangle Dumpy (which is my usual state.)and hope Harry can undermine that duplicitous bastard's plans to see Harry brutalized again and again.

On a more calm note I must commend the author for allowing Harry to not become a super powered cliche. It is good that he must study and he is learning not to disregard the people who actually care for him when undermining all the plots against him.

I am thankful the author never gave up on the story and it is still continuing.

I will put it on alert and hope to add it to fav when it's done because I am enjoying the twists very much.
Silvermane1 chapter 13 . 2/10/2012
please update. Harry should make it known that dragons are sentiment creatures.
stormingnight chapter 13 . 2/7/2012
wow...furious harry what's he going to do now?
sleephead chapter 13 . 2/6/2012
Love this story. Please continue.
BreGurl23 chapter 13 . 1/28/2012
Hurry up with chapter 14 please :)
Failing Mentality chapter 13 . 1/25/2012
Oh, listening to Harry's derailing of the use of dragons almost made me cry, but definitely had me twinging in sympathy. Oh, how horrid!

And to think that people still view them as subpar (coughUmbridgecough).

I've never liked canon Ron, and there are very few good portrayals in him in fanfiction, I'm surprised at the extent of who he became. He now reminds me of how he possibly would have reacted had Harry been a Slytherin. His current character, too, is reminiscent of stories with Ron bashing.

But I do like how Harry was able to keep the patches of his friendship with Hermione. She is still mostly herself, and didn't change drastically from the books, which is often quite odd.

I think the problem I usually have with a manipulative Dumbledore is that we don't really see that characterization in the boos. We don't know Dumbeldore from outside of second hand sources, so seeing his mental position and inner thoughts is always shocking.

And yes, his vilification is necessary for this story, a plot device if you will, right?

Oh, my favorite part about you and this story so far is that you don't leave loose ends! No plot holes (so far) and you cover a lot of things, especially showing how instead of starting one thing and letting that matter drop forever, it is still seen and used later. The gifts, the muggle education, the soccer/football club, etc. I know that these seem to be a given, but it is still pleasant to know that you are not forgetting what you wrote, but do seem to have a clear and definite plan.
misteryman526 chapter 13 . 1/25/2012
Excellent chapter! I'm wondering about the Dragon's eggs though. The dragon's come from the reserve that Charley Weasley works on in Romania so they wouldn't fall under the jurisdiction of the English Ministry of Magic, would they? Why would the Reserve risk damage to the eggs by sending them to Hogwarts? Even if the Ministry had control, Charlie seems to be a fairly independent bloke (he got away from his mum's nagging, after all!) so I'm sure he wouldn't go along with such an asinine plan. I would suggest that the eggs were actually transfigured fakes that were swapped with the real eggs without the dragons (or even the Ministry) knowing. Charlie can relieve Harry's anger with this bit of information and maybe offer Harry a job on the Reserve when he graduates; being able to talk to the Dragons has to be worth a large hiring bonus...
ShotgunWilly chapter 13 . 1/25/2012
er... this chapter needs a good beta-ing really badly. Seriously, the grammar and sentence structure is pretty bad at times. I wouldn't nag so much if the previous chapters weren't better than this. Also, dragons are sentient, not sentiment. very different meanings.

Anyway, good story otherwise. I hope for more soon/
Failing Mentality chapter 9 . 1/25/2012
Although I'm not from Britain, I do know that across the world over it is "football," not American football, but what we cal soccer, which I personally find a ridiculous name. Nevertheless, I did quite like the joke you played on it. Wizards do find the strangest ways to pronounce things! Although I assuredly would have done the same...

Ron's jealousy seems a bit unreasonable at times, but if I think about it, it could be reasoned from his hostility during fourth year, but simply budded early?
Bitch chapter 13 . 1/24/2012
When are you going to write again
Benjamin Goldberg chapter 11 . 1/22/2012
This is not apparent to Harry, but his experiences in previous school years probably aren't exactly intended as training, but rather as an alchemical Magnum Opus - in effect, these are Dumbledore's attempts to turn Harry (spiritual, at least) into a philosopher's stone.

As evidence that this is so, first, Albus's chocolate frog card mentions having worked on alchemy with Nicolas Flamel. Second Rowling placed alchemical symbols throughout the series wherever she could - it would be hard to pretend that alchemy isn't happening somewhere, with character names like Albus, Rubeus, Black, and animal symbols like a Phoenix and a Stag.

This goal is (to me, anyway) more sinister than mere training... the idea of anyone going about and turning people into philosopher's stones instantly makes me think of the evil character "Father" from Fullmetal Alchemist.

It's too bad that not enough of the other characters are similar for someone to write a fusion fanfiction :)
potter people eater chapter 13 . 1/20/2012
Glad to see you back writing and I hope your health continues to get better and stay better. Love this story, Hope you update again soon.
1,407 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »