Reviews for Harry Potter and the Trip to the Past
FlowersBite chapter 6 . 9/13
I love how Harry is getting people to look outside the box and how he handled Draco. This Harry would never be able to be friends with Ron.
Wow gute geschichte ich bin angenem ü hoffe mahl das du weiter solche gutten idehen glück beim schreiben Hast du vieleicht eine ide für eine Crossover geschichte zwischen Harry Potter und Mass Effect es gibt leider nur 4 gutte geschichten daruber dazu gehört eindeutig Geht.
Lucy chapter 12 . 9/6
You got a touch out of character at the end there with both Harry and Hermione calling professor Severus Snape just Snape. Overall the story has been interesting so far.
Thanks for sharing.
vkg313 chapter 34 . 9/6
Great story! I really enjoyed reading this one!
Trey chapter 1 . 9/4
Allow me to play Devil's Advocate here for a moment. You have some goid points on how Severus Snape's life was dung. However Lily Evans was in a tenuous, delicate and dangerous situation herself. A Muggleborn while a blood war is being fought. There are already starting to be skirmishes in the halls of Hogwarts. And Dumbledore waves it off as "boys will be boys" as usual. Or is simply ineffective in stopping the teenagers with deadly weapons running around the school.
Lily's best friend is a half-blood in Slytherin with his year mates almost all purebloods most being pressured or enticed to follow their family's footsteps and serve the Dark Lord. Their friendship is coming under question. Why does Snape continue to Keep the "mudblood" is he a blood traitor after all? Lily is a pretty female muggleborn. The other male Slytherin members probably assume Severus keeps her around for carnal pleasure. They are unhappy he will not share.
Lily is someone who is accustomed to standing up for what she believes in. However in the current climate that is a dangerous position to take. Muggleborns have no true protection under the law. They have no magical family to fall back on, and no advocate or wizengamot member to make alliances on their behalf. They are true second-class citizens. They have no others who would have their and their muggle family's back.
Severus is a half blood from a poor family. Whose pureblood family disowned his mother for being a blood traitor and marrying a muggle. He has no seat in the Wizengamot held by a family member he can appeal to. He lives in the viper's den with potential Death Eaters. He sleeps in the same dorm with them. All he has is his own skill and knowledge. And his status as a half-blood gives him some measure of protection but not much. He cannot protect her.

James Potter is a pureblood from an old money family. His father has a seat on the Wizengamot as the head of the Potter family. His mother was a member of the main line Black Family, who also have a seat on the Wizengamot. James Potter CAN protect her both financially and legally. The problem is her dangerous friendship with Severus Snape. Which is dangerous not only for Lily but for Severus. She needed an excuse to break the friendship. Severus gave her one. She took it.
Subsequently she married James Potter... for love? For security? For his and his family's protection?
Only Lily knows. To me it was a pragmatic decision.

And this is all not taking into account what jobs she would be eligible to receive depending on whom she is connected with. Muggleborns are discriminated against. I doubt the same doors would open to her were she a single muggleborn with high marks, a muggleborn married to a half-blood from a poor family with high marks. Or a muggleborn married to the heir of a moneyed pureblood family with high marks on her NEWTS.

She was in an untenable situation and she fixed it. That it wasn't very nice? True but the times in which they lived weren't very nice. That she would probably not tell her son or his father the truth of what she did and why, to preserve her reputation and the illusion, perhaps.

So I hope this brought understanding of a different point of view. I think she did what she had to to survive and get ahead in life. That it all backfired; what with her parents being murdered, and her firstborn being targeted. And her husband's parents being killed and her husband having no interest in joining the political arena as a member of the Wizengamot. ..well. The plans of mice and men and all that.

Thank you for sharing your point of view.
Ice Demon Ranger chapter 34 . 8/29
Excellent story. Wonderful plot, a new way to have gone to the past.
Thanks for sharing.
Jackie M chapter 11 . 8/25
I never realized how much of an jerk snape really was until he forced harry to take the truth serum, just cause everyones an ass to you doesnt mean you gotta be the same to everyone else. Plus what kinda teacher just goes and looks through their students things, i get black and potter were jerks as kids but he's seriously the reason james and lily died. Talk about a hypocrite with the bullying other houses, kinda the reason no one fully likes him even if he was a spy he joined the death eaters first, only redeemable one was regulas.
Lexie Starfire chapter 1 . 8/24
I sorta get the empathy for Snape but I feel that he could have made better choices earlier on in his life given the situation he was in was mostly because of his choices. I do feel that he could have tried harder in gaining Lily's forgiveness instead of joining the dark lord.
silversnitch4765 chapter 1 . 8/23
Poor misunderstood Snape. He bullied 11 yr olds so bad they cried, clld James a bully for picking on him while being the same age. He is a disgusting hypocrite...
Sam chapter 22 . 8/18
Amazing suprise. Harry related to severus. WOW. O
Love the store, you write well. What I dont like, is HIS obsession with Snape, who is a miserable excuse for a human. He should burn in hell, not be revered by Harry Potter.
seldombites chapter 2 . 8/17
I'm enjoying this so far. One of the best things about this story so far is the amount of time Harry is spending grieving. So many of these stories just brush over that aspect as if it doesn't even cross his mind, but Harry feels so very deeply that I cannot see him as being anything less than devastated. I'm looking forward to reading more.
kaibalya chapter 34 . 8/14
hate this first ginny then luna
wtf
peggy77 chapter 34 . 8/7
I liked it very much!
You can't review twice in a chapter so ... I am Rowenasheir, not an annonymouse reviewer!

Uncle Severus? Godfather to at least one Potter brat? what were the kids names and was one a red headed girl called after Lily as a second name, maybe Eileen Lillian Potter?
2,922 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »