Reviews for Harry Potter and the Trip to the Past
Great story
plappermouth chapter 3 . 8/2
Ok so while I don't doubt that your ideas are good ones, I simply cannot continue to read this. A) Harrys too perfect! I mean seriously? He can do EVERYTHING without a wand, he has THREE animagus forms and no one questions an 11-year old just going around on his own like that? The dialogue is far too simple, the explanations too long and his reactions too flat. He LOST his wife and children! That's not: Oooooh! It's devestating! Again : the idea is a good one, but things are going too smoothly to be even remotely believable.
gokuhikaru82 chapter 34 . 8/1
I love your story! When I first started reading your story I didn't think I would like it because I assumed Harry would pursue Ginny. I find stories where the relationships are already setup in the beginning of the story boring. thank you for sharing your story and finishing it. I look forward to reading more of your work.
Guest in Europe chapter 22 . 7/28
I am really loving your story and am just about to launch into a second day of a reading marathon to get to the end. One small criticism though: your use of commas is, frankly, little short of bizarre. I often find myself reaching the end of a sentence feeling rather puzzled, then, when I go back and remove or change a few commas, it makes sense. Of course, the creativity of your story is worth the puzzling moments, but it might help readers if you had someone look at this aspect of your otherwise brilliant work.
taxzombie chapter 34 . 7/27
And a fine end it is.

Very nicely done. I quite enjoyed your time travel tale. Smooth and enjoyable from the start to the final word.

Thank you for sharing it.
Nina chapter 34 . 7/24
Thank you very much for this excelent and facinating story. I very much enjoyed reading it. I hardly came across such good fanfictions.
Thank you again.
I love the story, really I did. The ending was a bit truncated, though. Story really could use a good beta.
Guilt. Let him swallow in it for a while."
*wallow

For some reason this creates really disgusting pictures in my imagination.
Yikessssss!
While he could have fly circles around the Ridgeback
*flown
*horntail

And I think you forgot that you had Luna sit with them on the train on the way to Hogwarts.
This is a great story, but oh my God, the run-on sentences are driving me mad. Beta Beta Beta Beta!

waited with baited breath
*bated breath
missgsmith51 chapter 34 . 7/23
Nice story. I can't believe I've missed it until now. I think it made a lot of sense to have Harry work with Snape, considering he was really an adult stuck in a kid's body rather than a child.

I appreciated the way Harry was able to bring together as friends so many who had been enemies from the start the last time. Harry made hard choices even with simple things like choosing Neville over Ron as his close friend and truly working to bring Draco into his circle ... knowing some of his choices would set him against Sirius and Remus and could ultimately affect his future with Ginny.

Oddly, it seemed some things were destined to happen, even if they unfolded in different ways. What made things better for Harry this time was a strong support system and guardians who really loved him unconditionally. In almost every situation where he was shunned the first time, he was supported this time. I think he came to realize that he could face anything if his friends were solidly behind him.

You know ... Given Harry's wider circle of friendships this time, I wonder how much influence Ron had on Harry's more limited circle of friends the first time. Ron and Hermione fought (loud and long) a lot the first time and caught Harry in the middle; Hermione was bossy and not well-liked by her peers; and Ron's jealousy of Harry was legend.

This time, Neville was supportive and well-liked, and he and Hermione were good friends apart from Harry; Hermione's bossiness was not really in evidence; and both of them supported Harry's reaching across house lines to build friendship. When they disagreed with Harry, they all talked things out respectfully, and they didn't abandon him. Ron would have fought and sulked until Harry caved, I think.

Ron refused to embrace inter-house friendships and held deeply bigoted attitudes toward all Slytherins, just as he had the first time. He spewed his "poison" unopposed to a captive audience on Harry's first trip to Hogwarts. To what extent did he affect how Harry saw others ... and how other kids saw Harry the first time around, given Harry's friendship with him? Did he make Harry's life and ultimate "tasks" more painful than they had to be? Just asking.

I like Harry/Luna. I'll bet they had fun together. I think she would have loved Remus and Sirius.

Thanks for a fun read.
missgsmith51 chapter 33 . 7/23
Great way to end Moldy and the Munchers. I like Harry and Snape getting rid of the DE corpses and Imperiusing the surviving DEs. Too bad they didn't Imperius them to leave their bigotry and Death Eating ways behind them and live the rest of their lives as upstanding citizens. Oh, well ...

LOL at Snape's behavior in Dumbledore's office! I like the fact that they turned the tables on DD and didn't really answer any of his questions. HeHe
I feel super bad for your Malfoys.
So, nobody from Hogwarts then?
2,553 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »