Reviews for Just For Kicks
Rachelly chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Hey Faye! Love this story for so many ways...I love the banter in the beginning...the line about SAM growing an extra appendage (his laptop) was very funny, loved the boys jabbing for fun in a very brotherly fashion, the shock of the injury...Sam's limpness, Dean's horror and angst, the injury itself so very unique, and the conversation that followed. Awesome. I loved Dean's telling Sam he doesn't have another soul to trade in his own way...aw and I love that they say where they go they go together! Awesome! Love the way you write our boys and limpify Sammy so perfectly. Great piece! Thanks for sharing your creative genious!
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
That was amazing! Was the prompt for Sam to have this freaky heart stopping accident or for Dean to hurt him accidentally while sparring? In any case, the angst was great!
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Great one-shot, very suspenseful, well-written and with terrific characterizations of the boys! I just loved the insights into both brother's minds, after all, I can totally see that Sammy would not hold himself back in a sparring match because he suffered through long years of losing against his big brother. And the way Dean knew exactly how to nudge Sam into sparring with him was brilliant. They know each other too well!

The description from triumphant Dean when he knocked the wind out of Sam to extremely concerned when Sam suddenly didn't recover from the blow was marvellously written, just like his insistance on refusing to accept that his kid brother had died right there in front of him.

What I really appreciated about your very nice fic was the fact that despite the serious and angsty content, you never failed to include a bit of humor when referring to their habits and attitude towards each other. Sam's line about dying becoming a habit was great; but Sammy meant to lighten the mood while the remark hit too close to home for Dean, breaking his heart.

Thank you for writing this!
Cupido chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
" He’d knocked his brother out a few times in his life, with the amount of training they did it was inevitable" Hmm, care to write a story about that too? Maybe a teen Winchester?
SammyDean4lyf chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
Brilliant! I loved it!

"...Sam was slouched over the laptop, his eyes peeled wide. At this rate, he was going to be a blind hunchback before the year was out..."

I thought that was a brilliant line, so like Dean, adding humour to what could be thought as a realistic point. I loved the last line too, ...""Where we go," he murmured. "We definitely go together..." So adorable...Thanks for that! *grins*
HauntedPast chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Oh! Wonderful job with this story. It was a completely different kind of hurt Sam that I'm used to and it was brilliant. Very original, I have to say. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Merisha chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
Hi there ;0)

Absolutely love this story - Dean angst and Sammy owies - my favourite kind!

Kind regards

Merisha ;0)
ILovePenNames chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
Really good story. I've never heard of this condition, but it seems perfect that something that rare and unique should plague the guys. I think you wrote the dialogue very well. When Sam said, "What we do, we do together." was kind of a parallel to what he said in the last episode about going down together. Though in your story, I couldn't help but think that Dean would have made some lurid comment after Sam said that. Something along the lines of "Yeah, okay, except for what I do best, cause that I only 'do together' with hot chicks." I really like how you write their brotherly bond. I hope your next story is soon.
JJ Phoenix chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
When Sam appeared to drop dead, I was thinking, "Poor Dean's gonna think it was the crossroads demon!" And sure enough! It makes perfect sense for his mind to wander there... They've sparred so many times without incident and really, what are the chances of Sam getting kicked *right* there at the *exact* wrong time? (Well, seeing as he's a Winchester, I guess his chances were pretty good. ;) )

Good bunny!

- me
IMTheresa chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
It's going to be so interesting to see how the deal plays out this season. I'm surprised by a few things in the premier, but we still got the theme of the brothers together and that's the most important thing.

I can see Sam obsessing over finding a way out of the deal, like you've written here. I can also see Dean not having any of it (even if the clause didn't exist) and trying to keep Sam from the single focus of saving him.

You've written something lovely and definiely believable. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Zadrak chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
*claps*

Loved it! I felt my stomach drop when Dean angsts... neat scenario though, very nice writing!

xZx
irismay42 chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
Ooh, that was fabulous and really took my by surprise - I totally didn't expect Sam to actually die again! You did a great job of running Dean through all of the emotions he would have felt in that situation - the usual guilt and failure to protect his brother - finally moving him on to wondering whether there was something a little less than natural about the injury Sam had suffered.

I loved the ending too - Sam finally getting tough with Dean about the way they keep trading things to save each other. I just hope wherever they go together they don't both end up in Hell!
lauriena chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
hehe, i was so right in terms of what was going to happen to poor sammy
Lucian32 chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
so cute story! nice one shot )
filan vampire chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
AW this is so goddamn sweet! I love it a lot. I love how you managed to portray Dean's anxiety so well when trying to CPR sam and when waiting for the doctor's answer, as well as him trying to psycho analyse the person telling him sammy's condition. Great job!
63 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »