Reviews for Just For Kicks
TraSan chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Wow - I LOVED this oneshot.

The funny lines, the hurt!Sam, the Dean!angst and the big AW at the end.

Great Story.
lunasgathering39 chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
Another excellent story. And completely believable. It's only natural that a sparring session could go wrong. Especially when they are both so good at what they do. Poor Dean!

The way you handled Sam finally getting through to Dean was perfect also. I'm not sure how long it will take on the show before Dean realizes that Sam will be just as lost without him as he felt about losing Sam. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out and if it's anything like this story. _
bally2cute chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
Loved it! How freaky is do something you've been doing for years and on the freak chance, just one ill timed thing can result in that...
PsychicWonderKitty chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
Hi Faye, just wanted to let you know I enjoyed your latest story and that I also really enjoy your writing in general. I just signed up for this site today, but I've been reading fanfic over summer hiatus and your writing is great. You capture the brothers very well and always write very interesting, well-worded stories, whether they involve moments of reflection and everyday interaction between the brothers or good ol' life-threatening suspense...poor Sammy! LOL.

The point of this particular story that really got me was the fact that it was post-AHBL and something happens to make Dean think Sam is dead (again). And I have thought from the getgo of when Sam was brought back to life (thank goodness!) in AHBL Part 2, that something that would have potential to be an awesomely wrenching scene in some point of Season 3 would be a similar scene as you wrote. Where Sam appears gone, but isn't really (b/c my heart and tearducts couldn't handle that again, LOL) and Dean doesn't know for sure. I think that would make for one heck of a Season 3 moment! And I loved how you incorporated Dean being hit with the sudden fear that he may have unknowingly crossed the line in the demon deal, b/c should such a scene really happen in Season 3, I think that's exactly what would cross Dean's mind, and maybe after that is when he'd have to reveal the catch in the deal to Sam.

Anyway, great job as usual, and I look forward to your next story!
Ryla Dante chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
I really don't know what I can say about this story but...amazing!

I also loved the sparring. It was great to see the boys having a brotherly moment, although it did not go as we would have liked.

Excellent research of Commotio Cortis...I just looked it up myself, and have to say that is very interesting. Nice touch.

The story in and of itself is touching and a sweet ending. I love knowing that Dean will do anything for Sammy, and I mean anything.

You did a wonderful job here. Keep it up.
tracys dream chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
SamaStar chapter 1 . 9/27/2007

SO cute! YAY!

Good writing. very interesting plot

thanks for a great story

geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
Breaking the rules, but I can't help it. How am I supposed to function FOR A MONTH with no fic? I can't. That's the answer. Not and emerge with brain more or less intact.

So, yay! New fic from Faye! The Supreme Goddess of Limp! And a neat medical injury - one we hear more about than you would think in my field. Rare but deadly, and I loved the way you handled it. Poor Dean - guilt upon guilt and worry upon worry. And Sam worried for him when he wakes up. My boys. *SUGH*

Is it Oct. 4 yet? (which - okay, I won't even be home to watch the premier. Life. Is. Cruel).
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
Awesome oneshot. Who would have ever thought that such as simple thing as sparing with each other would have put Sammy's life in jeopardy the way it did! Poor Dean-having to face knowing that he was the one who did it!
sairah chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
Yet again you show why you are one of my favourite writers. There's such a flow to your writing and such an easy understanding of how to express fundamental human emotions. Lovely stuff.
LadyVic chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
Absolutely awesome on every level. The characterizations, the limp, the setting after AHBL...perfect. Knowing what the prompt was, I honestly cringed as soon as the word 'sparring' was mentioned. LOL That was just plain...wonderfully...cruel!

Dawn, that was a heck of a bunny!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
Really, really good. I've heard of that happening to athletes in competitions. Scary...and to have it happen to Sam - I can see Dean's reaction was perfect. So like him.

Well done.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
*shivers* I really liked the sortof chick flick moment! Loved the timed just right blow to the chest... that would just about send dean over the edge wouldnt it... great job on this one
RedDragen chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
That was a wonderful chapter, I can't wait to see what you do with this story.
Winter Stars chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
That was another beautiful piece, Faye. Thank you very much. You always know how to voice the brothers so well, how to express their feelings and their thoughts so realistically. I can totally see Sam being Sam, and Dean being Dean and your stories always felt right and true. So thank you for another work well done. Cheers!
63 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »