Reviews for Castles in the Sky
todor340 chapter 1 . 7/26
I dont know it's not bad but the problem is shepard's breaking is a little forced i mean so what if the others killed a few people cuz he said something i mean way too caring for a soldier...

Most would be glad they arent killed or look for a quick death,so it feels artificial in a sense that they "break" him cuz he allows it and cares too much for random strangers,even soldiers value their lives so my bet a soldier is gonna keep quiet as a mouse while they kill the other captured with him yeah even from his/her's squad ...

It written good in short a nice read but suffers from the holywoodnes that the show itself suffered.

If holywoodnes does not make you cringe then a good read if yes then probably not for you...

ps. review got bugged the first time
todor340 chapter 31 . 7/26

mkoepp63026 chapter 31 . 1/27
Just finished it and have to say Great story was intense and incredibly good. I honestly think it is one of the best SGA stories that I have ever read. When you wrote about how he felt after he came home it was so realistic that all I could think is you had done some very good research. Loved the closure with the Queen and etc.
AllieDotes chapter 30 . 5/31/2014
Very satisfying. :) I'm glad Morticia got put in her place (and killed). I was also happy that you spent more time on the mental recovery Sheppard had to go through than the torture, as some have done. Because I think it is true that it takes more time and effort to recover from something than it took to get to that state in the first place. You handled Kate's role in the story very well; and I was glad it was Ronon who helped Sheppard talk it out, sometimes Ronon doesn't get enough credit for being human.

So, definitely going to be saved to my favorites. Thanks for posting!
Sylvery chapter 31 . 11/22/2013
And I must say, very well done without any research! I enjoyed reading this very much so!
evilspoofauthor1Sven chapter 31 . 9/11/2013
Great story. I think you wrote it perfectly. I'm really enjoying reading the stories that you write. Time to go read a different one now.
evilspoofauthor1Sven chapter 6 . 9/11/2013
You know if that had of been me in his place listening to that annoying woman hum, I would have started belting out 99 bottle of beer on the wall as loud as possible. Or the annoying song called -This is the song that ends-don't ask- (pauses) Well I could put it in here and show you how annoying it can be **This is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friend, people sing it and sing it and don't know what it means but it's the song that never ends** Repeat as many times as you feel like until you drive someone utterly insane. Doesn't work if the person listening to it is already insane though. Anyways I think I'll get back to your story. I've been working my way through your Stargate Atlantis stories and I've been enjoying them. As I said in an earlier review of another story, you seem to enjoy torturing him more then they do in the show...which isn't easy considering. I have never seen a show where they torture a character so much. Maybe it's because he's so cute when he's being tortured. Anyway, I'm getting back to the story now.
jess144 chapter 31 . 6/11/2013
Histoire gé .
Sara chapter 31 . 4/30/2013
Brilliant! Thoroughly enjoyed this story, yes there were issues with spelling and grammar, but the story overpowered these issues to push them into the background. Whilst Sheppard felt he had no ties with Earth, it would have been nice for John to contact his father and brother personally to let them know he was ok, they must have been informed of his death as a funeral took place. It would have tied the story up nicely... maybe if you ever decide to do a follow up to this story, this is something that could be explored with Sheppard and team taking leave on Earth prior to him taking back command. Anyway, well done.
anon 70 chapter 2 . 3/12/2013
Wow, i am soooo excited to find a nice, long, well-written Shep whump/angst story. Thanks!
LAG chapter 31 . 12/19/2012
Nicely Done, sorry to see it end but time to give John a break.
LAG chapter 24 . 12/18/2012
Just found this story, reading it for past few day. Really enjoying it, my heart breaks for the anguish John is going through.
To often the resolve comes to quick and recovery to fast, u'r so much more realistic.
Thank you for a great read.
Kariesue chapter 31 . 1/14/2012
OMG! This was so unbelievable. I cringed at the horror John went through and hated all the people who got killed because of him or around him and all the terror the Wraith inflicted.

You have such an amazing writing style and truly made us feel his pain and angst and his complete mental breakdown was so realistic (unlike on the show where everyone bounces back with no problems at all).

I too wondered how he would be able to get back to where he was before. The mission and seeing Morticia again and killing Ki'vana and refusing to kill the queen definitely was a plausible way for him to take a step in that direction, especially with the help of his friends. And I liked how John, through Heitmeyer, decided to take his return to command nice and slow.

And you made me cry on the last chapter. You have a habit of doing that at the end of your stories. Thank you for this labor of love. I truly loved it!
sheppardlover928 chapter 31 . 11/24/2011
So-looks like I am number 851 in the review line! Impressive number of reviews-cudos to you! This story was truly brilliant! What a journey! It was hard to 'watch' my fave flyboy become a shell of his former self-to see him at an all time low. Still-my respect for him never waivers-thankyou for that! The way you write John is wonderful and real. No one could go thru what he did and come out the same. You stripped John bare, but then slowly built him back up again-painfully as it was! I was having my doubts that he would ever be truly whole again though! It was a painful journey, for sure! I was wondering how you would resurrect John to become the man he was, who needed to be! Morticia coming back, offering up her daughter's hive-John not knowing whether it was a trap, but deciding that he needed to do this-then Kivana turning on him, etc was brilliant and kept me guessing too! In the end-I think it would have been fitting John to have killed Morticia, but your way-again-was brilliant! Like one review said-if John had killed her in cold blood-he would have been a murderer-justly so-but thats not who John is. Also loved that he was able to make his peace with Anja's children and the way they reassured John that what happened was because of the Wraith, not him. Excellent character study. Thankyou for restoring John back to the man he was, or more close to it. I know he'll be ok!
SGAmvmm chapter 31 . 11/23/2011
..You did an amazing job!.. I was glad that I was able to find and read this story. For me, your story was unpredictable. I didn't expect the queen to come back to hunt John again. I was really thankful that John didn't kill her, because it will make him a murderer. Killing someone/something that was not fighting back, would make him evil. Thank you!.. )