Reviews for The Lie of Night
Guest chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
I see this was written way back in 2007. Was wondering whether you had any way of contacting Mark, since his website's last update was in 2008. It's 2013 now, so yeah, we're concerned. I picked up his OACDYCSF fic back around that time, so I was around to see him put up the latest 2-3 chapters.

So, if you can, could you let Mark know he's got a bunch of people wanting to know whether he's alright? Sure we want him to finish the story, but... well, it's been 5 years. Anything could've happened, so yeah, we worry.

By the way, this was a pretty nice side story.
iamnuff chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
shocking awesome, you captured the tone of Saeni very well...

any idea what happened to mark anyway? as far as i can tell theres been no word in about 2 years.
Doctor Yami chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
I'm as clueless as a six-year-old in Spencer's for the most part, but damned if this story isn't good.
Zankaru Zelladonii chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Great ending )
Myrmidon chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Interesting take on Saeni, nicely written even though I'm not a fan of Naruto stuff. I only read the manga, can barely tolerate the anime, and can't stomach most fics since they tend to get the characters wrong. This doesn't mean I don't appreciate good writing even if I don't like the idea behind the story though. Nicely done. I was hoping it was more Simoun-centric though, now there's a series which hasn't gotten much fan treatment yet.

Drake:

It says right up there "alternate universe". Don't like it? Don't read it. There aren't any glaring language mistakes, and it doesn't read like it was written by a gradeschooler. If by "fail" you mean it "doesn't fit your narrow fanboi view of the Naruto/whatever universe", don't bother complaining, or you'd have to say the same of the bajillion other Naruto fics here.
Kyryst chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
I have to say, when I first saw this, I wasn't expecting much. However, I was pleasantly surprised. A lot of the issues that I have with naruto don't show up here. This could show a lot about the under-society, and how high and crime families use methods and actions to hire ninja to take advantage of or survive the situations that come up in "On a Clear Day". The potential to add depth that Mackinnon hasn't addressed (because the breadth and depth of what he's got is already so amazing, and if he added things about this, it would take away time from the main plotline- and that we can't have. I have been waiting for it too much to want that to happen.)
Drake chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
No... just no I do like your fics, but this is a complete and utter FAIL! Shadow Chronicles is complete win, Naruto crossing with it doesn't work. *shudder* Bad Nugar! Bad!
ERIIX chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
There's definite potential here. I wouldn't exactly want People Lie on hiatus for it, but OACD is definitely a nice story, and this would seem to indicate the bits can come together quite nicely.
vamp-haruka chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
Ahh im liking this vey much. Its a good adaption, i wouldn't mind seeing some of the other girls in it though. Ah Hinata and Sakura would make a nice pairing with Naruto lol and it would flow in this world to boot. I'm wondering what you've done to Sakura though what with the thing on her head and all. Well anyway please keep it up .
notcroaker chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
Looking great! Good integration of the Naruto bits into the OACD universe. Great story setup. Will we be seeing more of the Naruto teams - Kakashi, Jiraiya, etc? And I'm sure many are asking where Sasuke is in all of this... (is Orochimaru a vampire? I can see it all too easily...)
ariel stormcloud chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
great story.
jon02 chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
woah, definitely a interesting take on the naruto world, a whole lot more sinister and dark! and i love it.