Reviews for It's Never Too Late
Daffybduck chapter 32 . 7/18
Wonderful story...Lovely
PhillyGirl27 chapter 32 . 3/17
Excellent story that handled sensitive issues, like suicide, and left the reader more informed while creating a gripping tale. Wonderful, loving support from Ranger and MM helped bring Steph back from the edge and, in doing so, gave Ranger & Steph the HEA they deserved. Thanks for writing. -Kathy
MamaJoyce chapter 32 . 12/22/2015
What an awesome story! It was amazing from beginning to end. I was sorry when it was over. I don't suppose there's even a slight chance of a sequel with the Manoso Family?
ladylibra73 chapter 32 . 9/23/2015
This was an excellent story. Sad too. I'm glad Ranger stopped Stephanie in time so she didn't kill herself. Is the Burg really like that? Women stay home, have supper ready by six, have two kids? I mean, that would be a boring life. It's like a Stepford town. Nobody has anything better to do than be nosy and gossip. Get a life. I'm so glad Stephanie moved with Ranger in Miami. She's more happier there than in Trenton. I'm glad Raphael got what he deserved.

aruvqan chapter 27 . 7/22/2015
Days of insolation can affect brain biochemistry, I do much better in Fresno CA than I do home in CT or back in Rochester NY - both locations known for cloud overcast days of greater than 50% ... Miami would probably be great for Steph.

And I much preferred Universal - I did Disney a couple times, once back when it first opened [some of the more noted rides were not yet open and Epcot was years in the future, and again when Rob had a 6 week school at now closed NTC Orlando.] Though the Harry Potter area was solid with people and damned near impossible to maneuver my wheelchair in. Food was ok - the butterbeer is excellent!
aruvqan chapter 21 . 7/22/2015
Actually, I would give Steph one of those cute little antipersonnel sprays and have her dress to keep it hidden. Bet a dash of choke-n-puke would take care of Rafael's unhealthy interest. Shot of that and a good stiff kick to the balls. Make him sneeze DNA.
VVine chapter 31 . 3/21/2015
Terrific job on a very difficult topic. Nice growth in the story :) thank you
RhoJ chapter 32 . 11/25/2014
Wow, thanks for this story. You are a great storyteller.
Tammy chapter 32 . 8/25/2014
I really enjoyed this story kept me interested thru the whole story great job.
Anonymous chapter 32 . 8/17/2014
Great story!
deviates322 chapter 31 . 5/9/2014
I just wanted to tell you how much I love this story and The Distraction. I've read both several times now. Definitely two of my favorites!
First Generation Scot chapter 32 . 4/7/2014
Just re-read this again. What a wonderful, wonderful story!
mcrmyrangerbabe chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
yeah this, been here , re visit occasionally , often wondered how steph wasn't staring down into this abyss before. , those two songs - plus papa roach last resort and jimmy eat world - the middle. to get out of it and claw the way back - my chemical romance welcome to the black parade and famous last words or any of their other songs..
Guest chapter 5 . 9/8/2013
I'm hooked on your story. And skydiving can most definitely make a person feel alive; it's amazing! The skydive scene in the movie Point Break is about as close to the experience as a person can get w/out actually doing it.
alix33 chapter 32 . 9/1/2013
"What about us? What about what makes your family happy?" She had stood her ground. "I've spent my entire life worrying about what you and everybody else thinks. Never again, Mother. I'm an adult and this is my life. If you don't like it, tough." When her mother opened her mouth to argue, she had held up her hand. "I'm not going to stand here and listen to this. I told you as a common courtesy and nothing more. I'm moving to Miami with Ranger. We're getting married down there, the way we want to. If that's a problem for you, then you can stay here in Trenton and tipple to your heart's content." - Yay! for every syllable out of Stephanie's mouth there.
"I was terrified when you were gone all those weeks. It may sound selfish, but I wasn't just worried about you. I was worried about myself." - Ellen Plum, you have a craptastic way of showing worry.
"Children aren't supposed to move away here. They're supposed to get married and move into the house down the street and have babies and borrow your pot roast recipe. That's why I wanted you to marry Joseph. You would have moved into his house and quit that job and had his children. You would have called me on the phone for my pineapple upside down cake recipe and you and Joseph and your children would come here for holiday dinners." Stephanie couldn't physically form words. She was trapped between rage for her mother's preferences and selfishness and pity for her plans crumbling at her feet. "I wasn't happy when Valerie got divorced, but she eventually got married again and had another baby and got the house in the Burg," Ellen continued, her gaze never wavering from her clasped hands. "I wanted that from you. If you move to Miami, that will never happen. Ranger's not Joseph. He's not from the Burg. With him, I won't be able to have you here and available." "Even if I wasn't moving away, I wouldn't live that life you want, Mom," Stephanie finally spoke up. "I don't want the Burg. I don't want a mini van and spotless windows and two point five kids. I don't want the P.T.A. and pot roasts. What you were expecting and planning for was never going to happen." Ellen finally looked up, her eyes red and watery. "Is it so bad to live that life, Stephanie? Is it so bad to want those things for you?" Stephanie reached out to grip her mother's hand. Their eyes met and held. "That life would have killed me, Mom. It almost did. This place…these rules…it's all too much for me. Please understand that I have to live my life for me. Not for anybody else."- EW! for every syllable out of Ellen Plum's mouth.
"The family that Stephanie had gained through Ranger had been more supportive of her than her biological family. She felt bad for thinking it, but who needed Ellen Plum and the Burg when you had Ranger and the Merry Men? - Yay!
"Stephanie had been amazed at how much fun it could be shopping for wedding dresses. Everything seemed so much better without her mother and the Burg putting in their two cents." - Yay!
"Even Ellen Plum behaved herself, biting her tongue about her daughter's choice of dress and even though it was hard, she kept her mouth shut about the lack of a church and a priest. She seemed to know that if she made any snide comments or selfish demands, that she would never be invited to her daughter's home again." - Yay!
"Not long after they returned from their honeymoon, Raphael's trial began. The lawyers had found seventeen women total who claimed that he had raped them within the last five years. A few of those women had been minors at the time. There were more before that, but the statute of limitations had run out on their cases. Ranger had been stunned and sickened and the rest of the Manosos had disowned Raphael." - Those poor women!
"They sat in that courtroom and watched as Mariela stood up and walked toward the partition separating her from her son. Raphael turned around, his eyes meeting hers as the guards cuffed his wrists and shackled his ankles. They stared at each other for a long moment until Mariela spit in his face, her eyes a mask of fury. "You are dead to me." For the first time, Raphael's eyes showed emotion other than anger and cockiness. They watered and true grief etched across his face. His family had disowned him. He was alone in the world. Stephanie found that she couldn't find an ounce of pity for the man." - I couldn't either.