Reviews for Harry Potter and The Acts of Betrayal
firedawg chapter 20 . 4/5
A superb story, thank you for an entertaining couple of weeks of enjoyable reading.
SlickRCBD chapter 19 . 4/4
The scene with Harry, Neville, Dumbledore, and Mcgonagall in the Great Hall at the end has always bothered me.
In a real school, the teachers would assign punishments for "insolence" for publicly dressing down an authority figure like that.
If Harry didn't come to Dumbledore's office when told to do so immediately, in any real school I know of they would force him to come, resorting to physical attack if necessary. In Hogwarts I can see Dumbledore and/or Mcgonagall feeling justified using spells like petrificus totalus and mobicorpus to drag him to Dumbledore's office.

It just rubs me the wrong way, and I'm pretty sure I voiced these thoughts when you posted this on CaerAzkaban years ago, but I figured I should publicly post them here on Pit of Voles too.
I know it's probably nitpicking, but a mountain troll averages about 12 feet (about 3.6 meters) and weigh up to a ton. The 400 kilos in Luna's estimation is a bit low for a grown specimen and the troll wasn't all that slender in the movie.
Tried reading this, but too many god-damned narrative breaks.
Ryuus2 chapter 20 . 3/11
I want to leave a long review, I really do. But it's 1:30 in the morning, I've had a very long day, and I have mid terms tomorrow. So I'm going to be brief. This story was a great pleasure to read. Harry and Hermione played off each other perfectly. Daphne surprised me at every step, and I love surprises. I can't say that I've ever seen the like of your Luna and can only hope that my own separate efforts can make her half as interesting as yours. Your Neville is what I always hoped cannon Neville would become: unquestionably badass. The fate of the Death Munchies and the Dumb Lord was poetic justice. The fall of Dumbledore was so many kinds of his own fault that it wasn't even funny; but then, I suppose it wasn't supposed to be.

Ron and Ginny were a very interesting subject to read. Obviously they were never destined for a good ending, but at least they had one final moment of redemption before everything was said and done. Most people wouldn't have given them more than a passing thought after their arrest and incarceration. It was actually kind of refreshing to see the that the two of them, even at their worst, still retained enough of themselves to react appropriately to a Death Eater attack.

Keep up the great work!
TG28 chapter 20 . 2/16
One of the best stories I've read! Excellent writing, a sound plot, and quite a few original ideas throughout the story. A must-read for all!
Proud Harmonian chapter 20 . 2/8
I agree with Harry and Neville. Minerva could not be trusted. She condoned all of Albus's crimes because he Albus and she is a weak-minded fool.
N interesting way to defeat Voldemort. Cdall in an outstanding oath and take his magic along with his marked Death Eaters thus killing them all.
Wow. Daphne was rather fecund. Twelve children with no plans at stopping.
Good story. I am glad the bad guys were punished accordingly for the most part.
Proud Harmonian chapter 13 . 2/8
I am simply stunned at the stupidity of Harry. First, he still identifies Ronald as his "brother" despite him repeatedly raping his then girlfriend Hermione.
Also, "punishing" Nymphadora by her having to be called Nymphadora. After she repeatedly raped him, kidnapped Hermione, acessory to the rape of Hermione, using an Unforgiveable Curse on a non-Magical couple. I think she should have gotten the death penalty for the crimes she committed.
Proud Harmonian chapter 10 . 2/8
When Harry said there was no good guys, just "evil bastards, less evil bastards, and innocents." I am not sure which one Albus is and which one Tom is on the evil scale. Albus Dumbkedore has a lot to answer for. Theremight not have been a Voldemort if not for Albus Dumbledore and his "Greater Good."
I hope the entire Order gets their just desserts.
Proud Harmonian chapter 7 . 2/8
I do not know Harry was so upset about being offrered a full scholarship and guarnteed acceptence to MITM. Lots of organizations do that to recruit talented individuals.
The United States magical culture was interesting. Magic-oriented rather than blood-oriented. In the United States, a powerful First-Generation would be on top while a weak Pureblood would be on the bottom. Reverse in Magical Britian. Although, interestingly both look down on Squibs in the Magical world.
Andrew was being a dummy again.
Proud Harmonian chapter 8 . 2/8
Harry is being an idiot. He was as much of a vctim of rape as Hermione. The only difference is he was not sure he was being raped.
I liked how Harry took Albus down a peg.
Proud Harmonian chapter 5 . 2/8
I thought Andrew acted like an idiot. He wilth hi body language threatened to kill Harry. First Harry has nany ways to kill Andrew before he can even get near him. Of course that is if Hermione does not intervene first. He is acting like the stereotypical overprotective idiot father. I hope Anne lights him up.
Dagger-Seishin chapter 7 . 1/29
sry this is gonna probably annoy you but i can't read anymore. i HATE harry with more than one wife. For me it's kinda creepy lol. but what i've read is amazing! well done.
FicWader chapter 3 . 1/9
Is it the writing thing? ... No It is a copy-paste thing...
If you are going to copy-paste sections of stories... at least dont paste them 3 times over please.
YaGHeofttHaeLubvit216 chapter 20 . 12/31/2013
This was a GREAT story!

I was up til nearly 0230 this morning reading through to about chapter 16.

When I got home as soon as dinner was done I was back at it.

This is a great story!

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us mere mortals who, while I can enjoy a well crafted story (ala Tom Clancy) I haven't a prayer of ever actually crafting such a nail-biter.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! (Was that over the top? I can never tell... movie reference)
1,621 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »