Reviews for Chance Encounter
IstariPip chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
Awwwww...the feels!
I love Doctor Who as well as LotR!
Hannon-le! (because my computer can't translate into Galifreyan)
She was waiting chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Beautiful last words. "A man who never really existed". Wonderful story.
zoe alice chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
I like how Joan's matured, in some ways, and so has the Doctor. Well, I guess 'matured' isn't the word to use with the Doctor, but it's good to see them able to look one another in the eye.
Pilcrow chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
I really enjoyed reading this :)
Tamira chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
That was beautifully done. - Thanks for giving both the Doctor and J0oan some sort of closure. - I always felt that "John Smith" was as real as any of the other characters, evne if he had not lived a life before created through the Chameleon Arch, but for the series to go on he had to turn back into the Doctor, John being burried somewhere in him, just a little part... It still makes me sad, it is like dieing in a way. And John and Joan could have made it work.

Lovely story, good to see Joan is not bitter. :)
Ejays17 chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
I seem to enjoy the slightly more melencholy stories. I've rewatched this episode recently & it does make me feel for both Joan Refern & "John Smith".

This is a lovely continuation of their story, and Joan's ability (not quite the right word, but I can't think of it now) to "move on" & "get over" John Smith.

I think that you've caught both the Doctor & Donna's voices very well, i could just see the Doctor saying what he did to Donna about the closet full of shoes (probably one of many!) so why did she need to buy more - lots more - shoes?
PhoenixWytch chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Thanks for writing.
bluemoongirl chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Original idea, really well written. Well done!
purplegirl-af chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
Aw. I loved those two episodes (and I'm embarrassed to say that I cried) and this new part of the story is a wonderful addition. Thanks.
Fic Druggy chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
that was cool, it was nice to see joan protrayed as a likable person for once. A lot of people don't like her.
Spoofmaster chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Ahh, good to see Joan isn't bitter, and to get some resolution on the whole thing for both of them. Liked it very much, though I kind of wish the Doctor had been cheeky enough to do something to really shock Matilda. Anyway, adding this to the Tin Dog.
NewDrWhoFan chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
Perfect! And so easy to see. I love that the Doctor has someone in whom he can comfortably confide :) It's nice to see Joan get some closure, too. Well done!
celticfox chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Actually, quite a lot happened in 1932... Amelia Earhart, Ghandi, Hitler, discovery of the neutron...

That said, loved the fic. Always wondered what happened to Joan. Nice bit of closure.
RuthieG chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
I really liked your story.

If RTD writes Donna in as you did at the end, Donna is going to be good for The Doctor.

Keep writing as I am putting you on my alert list and would like to read more.
Gamine Madcap chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
Wow. That was nice. I always wanted better closer to the Redfern thing. Like that it was paired against Donna too-no Martha, less questions. Anywho, keep up the great work!