Reviews for So She Dances
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
This was adorable and lovely! I liked On Ji a lot, and I'm glad to see a fic about her.
Star Fata chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Dance dance revolution! In all seriousness, I like the idea of the Gaang having left such a mark on the students. Nice one.
Noip13 chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
One of the very few well write, non shipping Headband fics! Thank you! It was simple and quiet, it was written just right, and it was beautiful.
Astrid Goes For A Spin chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
This is a wonderful story. Beautifully written, and no plot holes whatsoever - even though Aang's still afraid of Firebending at this point, he probably has no problem deflecting it (without them noticing how).

You put them all perfectly in character; I love it, and I'll probably be thinking about it for a long, long time. Keep going! XD
I.D.Gr chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
I loved reading this!

As Angelform said, Aang and the gang didn't change things by defeating the headmaster/teachers/Hidei buti stead by just being themselves. Which in turn, created a revolution with the kids in the school. This way it seems much more realistic.

I Like that this story isn't some lame mushy plot about how On Ji is jealous of Katara. It's much more Interesting than that! The eding ws cute too
AngelForm chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Nice story.

Things don’t become better just because the hero came and defeated the local evil. Aftermaths are rarely told.
ka has moved chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Finally! Something about On Ji! I love you for this!

I don't know if you've heard this before, but on Avatar Wiki (just search the term, it'll come up) his name IS mentioned, the one who looks like he's from the Earth Kingdom. His name is Shoji, and there's NO SHIPPING NAME AT ALL for him and On Ji.
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Fantastic if short! I really appreciate the way you fleshed out the other characters and what happens after, as well as showing how 'Kuzon' changed them for the better.

'The Headband' is, almost surprisingly, one of my favourite episodes. It was a very fun episode - after the grimness that made both 'Crossroads of Destiny' and 'The Awakening', it was nice to see a more optimistic plot being employed, considering how the majority of Book 2 stories were rather dark (and almost always ended on a grim note). But more than that, it was an episode which was PIVOTAL to developing the current nature of the Fire Nation. In Books One and Two we are treated to countless Firebenders who are ruthless and lacking compassion (eg: Zhao). That chapter was a prime explanation as to how that was so - the use of indoctrination when people are young was a good theme to emphasise; so, too was the theme of freedom of will, as opposed to the unquestionable law of authority.

You've shown even further the ways in which Team Avatar, by simply being themselves, have been able to help people escape Sozin-esque oppression, expanding upon the ideas in the episode. You also kept everyone in character - I like your On Ji very much, as well as your OC Shingshing and all the other characters. You didn't need too many words, because you said what you needed so easily. Amazing how brief, yet effective your description has proven to be ...

gODSPEED!
Lunamaria chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
It took me forever of searching (twenty minutes, maybe), but I finally discovered something with On Ji in it! Yush. The On Ji fictons, spare a few, I have read were not very wonderful, but this, to my delightful surprise, was very, very wonderful! I liked the beginning when she contemplated each gaang member, and her fellow students, as well as the tiny revolution Kuzon/Aang triggered.

The Shingshing OC was also very appropriate, and you're only the second person (of all the On Ji fics I've read) to keep On Ji in character. Great job.

*gasp* They know he's the avatar!

Great job, really

- courtney (fav'd)
koolkame chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Kame in my name comes from Japanese and I'm a big, slow guy! Practically a cameo!

My favorite lines were the one about how fire dances naturally, it was profound yet simple. A very beautiful piece.
CultOfStrawberry chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
This story is fantastic!
Azamiko chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
Viva la Revolution!
Arkan9 chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
Yes! This is exactly what I hope happened after that episode. I love the idea of a revolution; 'Kuzon' would have that effect on the kids, I think. I can imagine them continuing to wear headbands and meeting up for secret dances.

By the way, I think Jian's real name is Shoji. He and On Ji would be good together, wouldn't they? :)

This was wonderfully written. I was trying to think of how to write a oneshot describing what happened afterwards, but this captured everything perfectly.
jellyjay chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
I *heart* you for writing this. It's amazing - ties in with what happened in 'the Headband' so, amazingly well. Love it.
intricate designs chapter 1 . 9/29/2007