Reviews for Rather Unexpected
ginnyisdacoolest chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Oh my, this has started out very promisingly (is that a word?). I can really picture her lying there, calm, collected and condescending. That last line was great; I wonder how she knew about the different Speakers though? I'm guessing she couldn't know that without someone on the inside, but I suppose I'll find out :)
Abozzaire chapter 9 . 7/13/2009
I love stories where Farwil is an idiot. It suits him so perfectly.
Ra'iira The Fiend chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
LULZ.
Lady of Spring Rain chapter 38 . 9/16/2008
I loved it. Lucien is my favorite in oblivion by far...

anyway. It was really good.
NeverGoodbyeRoxas chapter 38 . 7/24/2008
Ah, this was completely satisfying. Exactly what I was looking for. When I began reading this yesterday, I couldn't believe I had found a story with Lucien Lachance and Vicente...and a completed story with more than two thousand words! This is pure treasure. I instantly liked Hanarai during the bathtup scene and loved what you did with Lucien.
Jordy Trent chapter 38 . 3/12/2008
Ah, so that's what you meant about the ending being different...

I admit to sharing some people's reservations about Hanarai's seemingly limitless abilities, but - that doesn't detract in the slightest from your writing skills, and if she blasts those fetchers Bellamont and Arquen into oblivion, who am I to complain? A nice ending. I like the irony of Arquen having her entrails feasted on instead of doing the feasting.

I really liked Clilias, too. An interesting character who could do well as a main character in her own fic...I hope she doesn't get in too much trouble with Vicente, but the image of her bursting into Uvani's house and throwing boiling honey at him was way too funny. Well done :)
swimhard2787 chapter 38 . 2/15/2008
Okay, I have been sitting here, catching up on what I've missed of this story, and I have to say, it was truly amazing. My only complaint is that it's over, :(

I don't think it could have ended any better. The fight with Arquen was wonderful, Hanarai really showed how much she cared about Lucien, and I think it was wonderful. I do disagree with those who say that Hanarai is too perfect, while she does seem powerful, she also has some bits of her personality that are *far* from perfect. I ended up absolutely adoring her by the end.

I also wanted to mention how much I loved the scene in the Arena, when Hanarai saw the Bosmer and realized who she was. I think that was my favorite chapter, it was so emotional and great, I liked how you mentioned that "She wasn't happy." I think that was a nice touch, :)

I really think you've done a tremendous job with this story, my only regret, other than I didn't get a chance to keep up with it, is that it's over. Adored Lucien, Clilias, the aphrodisiacs... it was just a blast.
theonlyguywithoutabrain chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
Well, I've read most of it, up to about chapter... 23 was it? Or maybe 22? Anyways, it's an addicting read, a little on the disturbing side (with a little too much love-making in my opinion) but it was good. I would not expect Lucien Lachance to chase after Hanarai only to sleep with her, cause he seems too... well, on the cool side. I personally think he would've killed her the first time around. I know I would. I hate oblivion elves.. especially Dunmer, with their red fish-eyes... Euw! You know, Hanarai strikes me as one of those women who is shallow, spoiled, and selfish. I don't think a woman like that would be bad-ass enough to kill her husband. But the fact she slept around like a skank wasn't surprising. Anywho... it was a good story, but I don't think Lucien Lachance would get so upsessed with any woman, actually. But who am I to say that? We have different imaginations. Take some time to think about this review, ok? Thanks.
Bjrn chapter 38 . 2/9/2008
Congratulations on finishing the story! I enjoyed it!
Bjrn chapter 33 . 2/9/2008
Well, I haven't been around for a while. Great chapter!
Neutral Ground chapter 38 . 2/3/2008
Really an excellent story, with an amusing/oddly endearing ending. I've always had a mild dislike of the "ARQUEN IS A VILLAIN!" theory, but it was still a rather satisfying conclusion.

The only thing I'd mention is that it does get a bit tiresome when the main characters- Hanarai in particular- are pretty much walking gods with no equal. Don't get me wrong, it's more believable than perfect ickle Mary Sue. It's just that every now and again I found myself saying, "Yes, I get it, you're better than everyone else under the sun because you're a *Telvanni*, tee hee." And while I'm at it, I might as well mention that the fear of heights was painfully reminiscint of someone trying to throw in a weakness without *really* making their Super!Special!Awesome! character any weaker.

Still, it was an excellent story and a real joy to read. Which I guess just goes to show that every now and again, a Super!Special!Awesome! character can really work.
JawsOfOblivion chapter 38 . 2/3/2008
*happysigh* Amazing ending. I'd be sad that it's over, except for it being so perfect. Squee!
Hekateras chapter 38 . 2/3/2008
Three words: brilliant, brilliant and brilliant. :) What a wonderful happy ending for our favourite Speaker and your wonderful Telvanni... :D The first few chapters were a bit light and didn't go over much other than chocolates and Hanarai's whims and her many lovers, so it made it all the more interesting to watch the drama as it unfolded in the later chapters. :) Simply delightful. :D
SherrySummer chapter 38 . 2/3/2008
I'm happy to see that you gave Lucien another happy ending. Please do make a habit of it. And I will keep reading. Very much enjoyed the whole story.
SherrySummer chapter 37 . 2/3/2008
Lovely chapter. Very much enjoyed reading it.