Reviews for An Exercise in Futility
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 7/2
it really would be futile
LouiseUchiha chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Good job!
pampoo chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Love it!
AvengerStrife chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
How is it possible to only have 13 reviews? That should be illegal. This was awesome. I love the way you wrote this. It didn't need to be a full detailed sexual encounter but the imagery and display of their personalities was amazing. This story was amazing. Thank you for posting it.
baanimelover chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Ookami-Ryuu chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Really liked this. Thanks for sharing.
MoshiMoshiQueen chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
I could see this happening between them. Sasuke really is emotionless at times. I love how you portray their relationship. It isn't sappy and unrealistic.
moopad chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Aggh sasuke subtle way of love is sometime so annoying

but it's so him

this is so good

Shaitanah chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Now this is a whole new level of Naruto-therapy) He can convince anyone!)

Beautiful story! It's heartbreaking, hot, passionate, and it's so very Naruto-like!
blag08 chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
wow man...that was really deep...

Yeah I'm an idiot just like Naruto...but he's a good idiot...actually, Sasu's the idiot...I DON'T KNOW! stop torturing me(jk)!

Anyways, good job on the story! you should write another one-shot like this! maybe one where they're at the park or something...

Uh yeah, just a great job...and keep me posted if you write another...

Later dudes!

Out Of Sheol chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
I’m glad you liked my other review. Thanks for the compliment, btw! I normally have a hard time giving reviews cause I don’t want to be too critical and hurt anyone’s feelings. (Plus I always tend to second guess myself, so you know where that goes, right…) But anyways, since you appreciate honest reviews, I figured I’ll try to give you them whenever possible. So, here goes:

1. I like your stories; you have a consistent style in all of your writings. Your stories are filled with such strong emotions. You tell the characters as they are; no bull-sh$ting around, or fantasizing about what they are not. I.e. you are not afraid portray Sasuke as selfish.

2. I like how you tie up your environment to how the characters are feeling. First at the beginning it’s tense and the environment reflects this. At the end of the story, after the climax, the environment seems to smooth over as if to show the release of that tension. I’ve noticed this pattern in most of the stories that I have read from you: it’s pretty cool.

3. I liked your quote at the beginning of the story; it seemed to be sort of the theme of your story, something that the characters kept referring back to. I liked how you made it sound so absolute at the beginning and then how you disproved it through the story, until at the end it didn’t apply at all.

4. Your descriptions in this story are great. Plus, there are not a lot of sentences where you packed in too much description. (I think there was one, maybe two, that I can recall). Instead the descriptions really make the story. Good job!

5. You write really hot scenes; I don't know how you do it but they are just so enticing. I have no clue where you get the idea that your writing isn't erotic. It is some of the best stuff I have read out there. (Hint: more please!)

6. I noticed a lot of the stray articles in this one, though; a lot more than usual. For example, you will have a sentence that contains an added "the" that doesn't need to be there, or things of the like. For example, some of your sentences are like this: “I love to ride my a bike.” See how either “my” or “a” should be there.

7. Also, the reverse is happening here as well: some sentences are missing an article or a linking verb or just some needed word. For example, say you had a sentence that should read: "An apple is a fruit on a tree." You have the sentence skipping some words, so it now reads: "An apple is fruit a tree." See both words “a” and “on” are missing from the sentence. Though on the sentences where this applies, most of the time you are really only missing one needed word per sentence.

Note: Both these sentences are just ones I pulled out of my a$$ just so you can get the idea (Again, just to clarify).

8. But, I noticed that your pronouns were fine this time. I.e. I could easily understand who they were referring too.

Overall Good Job!
satachiha08 chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
noname00 chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
oh how i love narusasu fics, but of course yours was no exception
Zephyras chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
This is one of my favorites! You should write more, you're really good at writing oneshots!
Kaikouken chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
A purely your one-shot. It was lovely, in your twisted, dark way. Naruto was Naruto, and Sasuke was a stuck-up asshole and a bastard, as always.

The characters were IC, as you always stress. I mean, I can imagine Naruto being more persuasive like that, he already is and I can see Sasuke being stupid and in-denial. I honestly love how you portray Sasuke, I can’t write him for shit. Seriously.

I can’t write Naruto either, but that’s something else altogether.

The language as always was exquisite, but as you mentioned, it wasn’t your best. Seeing that you’re down and sick, but seriously, even writing in such a state, this story turned out to be really nice—what with all the dialogues.

The dialogues, since you always say, I want to comment that the dialogues were very believable—a definite improvement from before. Not that they weren’t nice before, but now they sound quite realistic. Loved them—Naruto, specially.

The smutty part was nice, as always. You write, nice, sometimes-vague, sometimes nicely-detailed smut. There was intimacy, violence, darkness and so much intensity there. I loved it. The chemistry was so... apparent.

Um, call me stupid or whatever, or cliché, but I think I liked the last part the most. Where Naruto asks THE question. Wouldn’t you be devastated if died? God, my heart sort of skipped a beat and all.

And Sasuke's reaction? Amazing. *insert starry eyes reserved for Minato*

And Naruto's reply? Aww...

Wait while I coo over it. XDD

Lastly, Naruto falling asleep? So like him! I was giggling like a madman... woman... thing. *cough*

So, I can conclude that I loved this one-shot, very, very much! I’ll miss your writing when your classes start and you’ll go AWOL. *sigh*